+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scholar: Melissa

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    It is interesting how she was praised for not automatically choosing her friend Milana for the showdown. But now we learn that the person she did choose was the guy she had a crush on. So was she really being all that objective when choosing the showdown competitor, or was she just going for her crush over her friend and not considering anyone else?
    She didn't choose Max for the showdown. Does she have a crush on the other guy too?

I really like Melissa. She seems to be focused and good at "playing the game." But at the same time she doesn't seem to be overly serious or obnoxiously competitive or anything. She's the ideal high school student I think! I hope she wins.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler
    She didn't choose Max for the showdown. Does she have a crush on the other guy too?
    But she did choose Max. From Mariner's recap:

The next morning everyone gathers to hear Melissa’s choice.... Eventually, she reveals that she has chosen Max to compete in the showdown.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey
    My bad. I thought I had heard that she had selected Scot.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler
    My bad. I thought I had heard that she had selected Scot.
    No, no - it's okay. I started doubting my memory after your post! Had to go to the recap for confirmation!

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    No, no - it's okay. I started doubting my memory after your post! Had to go to the recap for confirmation!
    I'm in favor of anything that makes you consult the recap. Melissa picked Max because it was his idea to stand outside the gym and hand the red flags to people already planning on going to the game. She actually was worried about picking him because of how close he was to Alyssa. She agonized over that decision. I don't think she lightly chose him because she has a bit of a crush.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    I'm in favor of anything that makes you consult the recap. Melissa picked Max because it was his idea to stand outside the gym and hand the red flags to people already planning on going to the game. She actually was worried about picking him because of how close he was to Alyssa. She agonized over that decision. I don't think she lightly chose him because she has a bit of a crush.
    I'd have to agree Mariner. I think she's pretty level-headed and not going to let any "crush" interfere with her decision making.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    I'd have to agree Mariner. I think she's pretty level-headed and not going to let any "crush" interfere with her decision making.
    She showed her maturity last night during that Truth or Dare session. Max too for that matter (in conversation and not action at least).

CCL
    I thought it was immature of Melissa to call Max out in front of everyone. Sure, he was a jerk, but why not take him aside and hash it out in private? I think that would have been the mature option.

I don't think Melissa was very commendable at the club, either. She saw that Max had been kissing Melissa which would seem to indicate that he had something going on with her. Yet, seconds later, there was Melissa grinding against Max. That seems kind of disrespectful of herself, for one, and Alyssa, for another.

Just my 2 cents.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123