+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scholar: Milana

Scholar: Milana

From the official site:

After emigrating from Russia with her family at the age of three, this dynamic young woman hit the ground running and hasn't stopped since. Currently enrolled at the rigorous Bronx High School of Science in New York, Milana maintains 98.31 GPA and is fluent in Russian, English and Spanish. Already certain of a career in the medical field, she is motivated by her desire to help those less fortunate than herself. Milana spends much of her free time doing stem cell research in the neurosurgery department of Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, where her real passion flourishes. A true believer in the power of scientific discovery and advancement, Milana hopes to attend a renowned medical school and, in her own ambitious words, "find a cure for cancer."
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Fogey
    Very impressive.

98.31?!?!?! I love that she wants to find a cure for cancer. You go, girl.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Wow. She sounds like she could earn a full ride to a good school on her own.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Reading stories like hers reaffirms my faith in humanity. Instead of trying for the big money, her first thought is to do some good with that big ol' brain of hers. Good for her.

Of course, the first week at the dorms, when kids like this reluctantly agree to go to a party and have their first beers, it's all downhill from there. But in the meantime, before that, the beacons of hope shine on!

(And before I get flamed, no, I don't condone underage drinking, etc. etc.)
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    Of course, the first week at the dorms, when kids like this reluctantly agree to go to a party and have their first beers, it's all downhill from there. But in the meantime, before that, the beacons of hope shine on!

(And before I get flamed, no, I don't condone underage drinking, etc. etc.)
    Well, I know who I'm going to be rooting for!

And Phat, with Lil Rose getting ready to head off for her dorm as a freshman, can I just say, thanks a lot for that image.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    And Phat, with Lil Rose getting ready to head off for her dorm as a freshman, can I just say, thanks a lot for that image.
    Oh, you're welcome, Rosie. Comforting parents--that's what I'm here for.

In all seriousness, you've raised a good, sensible daughter. (With you as a mother, how could she not be?) I don't think you'll have the problems that so many other parents will/do with one out of the nest and off to school. In fact, you and Mr. Rosekid have a lot to be proud of.

Rest easy, luv.

On-topic: What's a 98.xx GPA? I think unlike the other students, she's giving her marks as a total of all earned, rather than adding up all A's, B's, etc., and dividing by the number of classes.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Bronx Scince is one of the best high schools in the country...she is one of their best students.....If she doesn't get stage fright she should do well.....and after college she might be able to date the next generation of Trumps.....

Quote Originally Posted by museumguy
    and after college she might be able to date the next generation of Trumps.....
    Her name is Milana, not Milania.

Thanks, so much Phat...we are indeed proud of our young lady.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I like her already. So much promise...
    ~*~America's Next Top Model's Best~*~

Katie + Catie + Amanda + Kahlen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast