+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scholar: Milana

FORT Fogey
    I'm happy she has made it to the Finals.

CCL
    Me, too. She seems like she could do a lot of good in the world. I hope she is able to go to med school and achieve all her dreams.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    Me, too. She seems like she could do a lot of good in the world.
    After seeing that background piece on her this last episode I am sure she will be making a difference...and it seems like she already has with her stem cell research.

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    Reading stories like hers reaffirms my faith in humanity. Instead of trying for the big money, her first thought is to do some good with that big ol' brain of hers. Good for her.

Of course, the first week at the dorms, when kids like this reluctantly agree to go to a party and have their first beers, it's all downhill from there. But in the meantime, before that, the beacons of hope shine on!

(And before I get flamed, no, I don't condone underage drinking, etc. etc.)
    oh come on not all kids are like that. i just finished my freshman year and i still have never tasted beer in my life.

anyway i definately think milana doesnt need this show. I mean a good GPA AND she does stem cell research? what school WOULDNT give her a full ride?

oh and her gpa is obviously on a scale of 100
    Last edited by bebewood; 06-23-2005 at 11:42 PM.

FORT Fogey
    I think Melissa is her biggest competition for the final prize. I'm picking Milana to pull this one out and become the winner of the full scholarship.

FORT Fogey
    I was upset with the judges when they didn't put Milana in the final 3. That BS about stem cell research being a fallback subject for her was garbage.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler
    I was upset with the judges when they didn't put Milana in the final 3. That BS about stem cell research being a fallback subject for her was garbage.
    True. How is it bad that she has a subject that she is passionate about? At least she had a specific goal in mind as opposed to Melissa who wants to touch people ( ) and Scot who wants to make a difference in the world (doing???).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    True. How is it bad that she has a subject that she is passionate about? At least she had a specific goal in mind as opposed to Melissa who wants to touch people ( ) and Scot who wants to make a difference in the world (doing???).
    Exactly. She was the only one I think who had a clear specific goal. I especially dislike Liz's life "goal" I wanna get to the Yale University". Anything specific you want to study there? Sheesh.

The old judge was clearly against stem cell research. So he definitely voted against Milana. AND his "one trick pony" comment was extremely rude IMO.

Well, I have no doubt that with her determination Milana WILL make a difference. I also think that Jeremy and Scott will be very successful in life.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123