+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scholar: Milana

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Wow. She sounds like she could earn a full ride to a good school on her own.
    I've thought that about every one I've read about so far. She does sound like a genius but I don't understand the GPA either.

Like Jeremy, this girl is a new American with all the drive that implies. She'll go far, whether she wins this or not. I liked her personality and personability with the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    I've thought that about every one I've read about so far. She does sound like a genius but I don't understand the GPA either.
    I'm assuming that her school is using percentage type scale for GPA.
    Currently looking for a pressure-less and expectation-free zone zone

My Corner of the Web

Why does her profile say she lives in Fresh Meadows, NY? That is in Queens! She has no problem saying that she goes to High School in the Bronx, so why have a problem saying she lives in Queens? Is she trying to fool people into thinking she lives in some fancy, upstate town?

FORT Fogey
    Fresh Meadows actually is one of the districts in QUEENS borough in New York City!

It's next to Forest Hills, Rego Park, Kew Gardens and tens of others regions in THIS borough!

edited for site compliance
    Last edited by LG.; 06-08-2005 at 03:51 PM. Reason: removed baiting parts

I live in Queens. I think a ot more people would know where she lived if she mentioned the bourough, not the neighborhood, so I think it's suspect that she says she is from Fresh Meadows. If I met someone I would tell them I lived in New York City and if they are familiar with NYC, I'd tell them I live in Queens, and if they are familiar with Queens geography, then I would tell them that I live in Queens Village.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    Why does her profile say she lives in Fresh Meadows, NY? That is in Queens! She has no problem saying that she goes to High School in the Bronx, so why have a problem saying she lives in Queens? Is she trying to fool people into thinking she lives in some fancy, upstate town?
    If she did, she wouldn't be able to go to Bronx Science, would she? I wouldn't assume she's trying to hide living in Queens--the producers may have decided to say Fresh Meadows instead of "Queens," just as they might have said Brooklyn Heights or Flushing or Greenwich Village or whatever.

Regarding her GPA, presumably she recieves number grades on a 100 point scale. Our high school does, and calculates GPA the same way.

We barely saw anything from her in the first episode. Was she there? (Ben Stein voice) "Millllaaaana? Millllaaaaaana? Millllaaaana? Milllllaaaaana?"

I guess she didn't hinder her team, but obviously space exploration history isn't a subject she's too keen on.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Judging from this far in the show, she seems to be one of the weakest links. Or maybe the questions just weren't her "thing"...

It was very mature of Milana to be so understanding of Melissa's position last night. That's much more than what average 17-year-olds can say.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast