+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scholar: Scot

Scholar: Scot

From the official site:

Home-schooled his entire life, this incredibly thoughtful and determined young man is bound for great things. With a 4.0 GPA and near perfect SAT scores, Scot was not only home-schooled but also self-taught for most of his primary and secondary education. He currently works four jobs, sometimes up to 80 hours a week, to help support his family and save for college. A black belt in the martial arts discipline of Tae Kwon Do, he is a determined and disciplined athlete, in addition to being one smart cookie. Admittedly cut from a different cloth, Scot hopes to one day be a lawyer, an investment banker or... a beatnik poet.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I'm rooting for this guy.

Unless of course he turns out to be a total jackass.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Some how I dont know how to adjust his grades since MOM was grading the papers........and his background seems to sheltered for TV.....

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    I'm rooting for this guy.

Unless of course he turns out to be a total jackass.
    Heh Heh. It's hard to tell because his description makes him sound like a well-rounded individual while he may turn out to be sheltered and intolerant of others.

Wheatfield, NY (outside of Niagara Falls)
    Growing up, I was a member of the local youth orchestra, so I met alot of home-schooled kids.

And I'm sorry, they were all talented, odd, socially inept individuals. Hopefully this kid is different.
    "The fact is, sometimes its hard to walk in a single woman's shoes. That's why we need really special ones now and then- to make the walk a little more fun."

--Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by museumguy
    Some how I dont know how to adjust his grades since MOM was grading the papers........and his background seems to sheltered for TV.....
    Yeah, my first thought was that my Mom probably would've given me a 4.0 average too.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    He did well on the SATS but you can take courses for that.......

Hmmm. I'll have to see the show to form a definitive opinion on this guy, but I was homeschooled all my life. I never had any cushy grade re-adjustment . . . it all depends on how dedicated both the student and the parents are, really.

Anyway, even with that "suspect grading environment," funny how I still had to help my friends in the advanced-placement public school courses with their homework. . . .

I dunno. Being home-schooled tends to make an individual much less in the sociability factor. We'll just wait and see how this guy comes out.
    ~*~America's Next Top Model's Best~*~

Katie + Catie + Amanda + Kahlen

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    Hmmm. I'll have to see the show to form a definitive opinion on this guy, but I was homeschooled all my life. I never had any cushy grade re-adjustment . . . it all depends on how dedicated both the student and the parents are, really.

Anyway, even with that "suspect grading environment," funny how I still had to help my friends in the advanced-placement public school courses with their homework. . . .
    Also, I'd like to point out that home schooled students here have to go and take tests periodically under regular class room situation. Was that the case with you? I can't imagine that the grading is just accepted without question. Certainly not insinuating that your Mom, or anyone elses would just give the grade, I'm just poorly trying to point out that there's a little more to it than Mom doing some paperwork and the kid doing nothing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast