+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scholar: Max

Scholar: Max

From the official site:

The sky is the limit for this high school senior from Oakland, California. With trouble and temptation right outside his front door, Max has managed to thrive in a place where many students fail. With an early admission to Columbia University in New York, Max feels confident that he is on his way to achieving his lifelong goal of garnering a top-drawer education and using it to give back to his community. Max is a vigilant, student with a 4.0 GPA and a curriculum that includes classes at the local community college to supplement his high school course work. The son of a highly regarded teacher/basketball coach, he is a well-rounded student, avid sports fan and admitted ladies' man. While he's most proud of his academic achievements Max is not shy about his ability to charm the girls.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Geez, Clorey Clarke will do anything for fame. You can straighten your hair Corey, but we know who you are!

Seriously though, ladies man? Looks like the editors will have a ball with this one. blech.

Quote Originally Posted by Burntcrow
    Geez, Clorey Clarke will do anything for fame. You can straighten your hair Corey, but we know who you are!

Seriously though, ladies man? Looks like the editors will have a ball with this one. blech.

He's my pre-show favorite.

"Ladies' men" don't have to say they are. Ah, the bravado (and ignorance) of youth. (Watch out, Elizabeth!)
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Bet he is gone early......and turned down by most of the females on the show .....he may be a ladies man.....but I think he is out of his league is soooooooo many ways.....

My third pick pending his attitude

Oakland's Max Caraballo, 18, takes a shot at earning a free ride to the college of his choice in the new reality show, "The Scholar."

The series has 10 high school seniors who might not otherwise be able to afford to attend the college of their choice competing for a $240,000 scholarship.

Each week, Max and the other nine take a timed, written exam. Those with the two highest scores put their leadership skills to the test by choosing teams and guiding their groups through a series of math and physics challenges.

Three judges, including Marquesa Lawrence from the University of California, Berkeley, and Shawn Abbott and Peter Johnson from Columbia University, evaluate every move for leadership qualities.

Finally, three of the contestants are chosen by the judges to face off in a sudden death oral exam for a separate, $50,000 cash award which they can apply toward their college fund. Winning this exam also qualifies them for a spot in the finals and a chance at the grand prize of $240,000.

Max, a graduate of Lionel Wilson Prep Academy in Oakland, was one of the contestants sharing a home during the two weeks of filming on the Los Angeles campus of the University of Southern California.

"My principal sent me an application (for the show), and I filled it out pretty last minute," says Max during a phone interview. "I wasn't really thinking I'd get picked for it."

Although the series comes from the same producers who did "Real World," Max says there were no hot tubs in sight.

"We weren't lucky enough to have a hot tub at our place," says Max with a laugh. "But this show really hits all angles of a teenager's life. Not only were we confronted with rigorous academic challenges, but also social challenges as well. But we had a good time."

Max says a lot of the kids took it more seriously than they should have.

"Winning a full-ride scholarship isn't life or death. It will better your life, but it's not something to stress over," Max says. "Life goes on, and you can always get scholarships to get you through school."
    http://www.insidebayarea.com/bayarealiving/ci_2779312

Makes it sound like he didn't win.

I'm really not liking this guy just yet...
    ~*~America's Next Top Model's Best~*~

Katie + Catie + Amanda + Kahlen

From his statements, I wonder why he even entered the contest. He doesn't seem to think much of the whole experience. I agree, Wannabe, doesn't sound like a winner there.

Quote Originally Posted by Burntcrow

HA! That is the first thing I thought when reading about him (Corey Clarke). I was laughing when I scrolled down and saw you said exactly what I was thinking!
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast