+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scholar: Amari

Scholar: Amari

From the official site:

Even with an early acceptance letter from Harvard University under her belt, Amari still feels the need to achieve. Never one to rest on her laurels, Amari's infectious good nature belies her unrelenting work ethic. Constantly pushing the envelope of excellence, this high school senior from St. Charles, Missouri has a 4.0 GPA, near perfect SAT scores and is the Chief Marshal of the National Honors Society at her school. A lover of languages, she is currently enrolled in Spanish, Ancient Greek and Latin, in addition to numerous Advanced Placement courses. Amari is passionate about issues of equality and human rights. Raised by a single mom, she hopes for a career in public policy.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Cool young lady. Definitely sounds like someone I'd be friends with.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    wont it be fun to have to read the subtitles as contestants chat in french, latin and spanish...(haven't found the second person who can speak the Slavic languages yet......) My brain hurts.....

My second pick

For some reason I'm feeling this girl will make it really far... I'm not that into her though.
    ~*~America's Next Top Model's Best~*~

Katie + Catie + Amanda + Kahlen

Three foreign languages in the same year? How many other classes do you think she has each day? Sounds like a very busy young lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    Three foreign languages in the same year? How many other classes do you think she has each day? Sounds like a very busy young lady.
    Three foreign languages in the same year, isn't that uncommon outside the US. My 10-year old takes 2 foreign languages at school plus he's forced to listen and sometimes speak a 3rd at home. The same goes for my 6-year old in grade 1.

I'm not saying that she's not great, I just wanted to clarify that outside the US it's quite common to speak/read several languages. I also find that the more languages you know the easier it is to pick up a new one.

K

You're probably right, but this is St Charles, Missouri we're talking about. I didn't know that they took three languages at the same time there.
    What's the Chief Marshall of The National Society's job? I'm not familiar with that one either. How totally uninformed can one woman be?

FORT Fogey
    I'm glad she's starting to gain more confidence.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler
    I'm glad she's starting to gain more confidence.
    Me, too. I didn't really notice her prior to this episode. But now I quite like her. Hopefully she'll get another bite at the apple.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast