+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: RuPaul's Drag Race - Past Seasons & Queens Discussion (1-8)

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

Bianca was the only real choice, the only bona fide, professional drag queen among the finalists.

That whole reunion/finale special has turned into a bloated mess -- Ru needs to spend less time with the jokes on cue cards and spend a few more minutes actually talking up the reasons behind her choices. This was definitely an uneven season.

Here's an interesting interview/makeup session with Bianca & James St. James: (it's long)

James St. James and Bianca Del Rio: Transformations - YouTube
    AmyKay likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Ru announced the season premiere date (sort of) in an interview:

RuPaul Reveals that ‘Drag Race’ Season 7 Will Start in January!

Posted By Dragaholic on Nov 5, 2014

In yesterday’s episode of ‘Savage Lovecast,’ hosted by Dan Savage, RuPaul announced that the newest season of RuPaul’s Drag Race will begin airing in January 2015.

RuPaul joins the podcast at about 37 minutes (into the free version of the podcast), and, after Ru shares whose idea RuPaul’s Drag Race was, Dan talks about the how the show has given local drag scenes a national audience. He then asks what season the show is going into now.

“We’re starting our seventh season in January,” RuPaul reveals in reponse, “but, you know, it’s interesting, as you’re saying that it’s occurred to me that Drag Race has sort of become the Airbnb or Uber of drag, where it’s the connector. It’s that phone app that connects all these people together.”

We’ve been waiting for this kind of news, and now we know for sure that we’ve only got at most about two and a half months until our hunger for Drag Race will be satisfied once again! Let the countdown begin!
    It usually starts at the very end of January, we'll see if maybe they decide to push it up a week or two this time...
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Yay! I saw they announced the tour too, battle of the seasons...not coming anywhere near me. 10 dates in Feb/march

Ru and Michelle Visage have their own podcast now and Im loving it!
    JosephD likes this.
    "Alot of people when they listen, they don't listen. They hear but they don't listen to what the person is saying. " Boston Rob (Mariano)
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

Glancing over this thread from previous seasons, it doesn't seem like a lot of FORTers are into this show, so I may end up talking to myself here.... .... but I'm REALLY looking forward to a new season of Ru. It's one of my all time favorite shows. Yay, January!
    petertracy and MFWalkoff like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

Same here!

We will get a sneak peek at the Season 7 queens during the NewNowNext Awards this Thursday on Logo:

Get The T On “RuPaul’s Drag Race 15 Fan Favorite Queens” And Who Will Be On Drag Race Season 7

November 24, 2014 ● by Dan Avery

Are you going through Drag Race withdrawal? Well, worry not, kittens. On December 7 at 7:30pm, Logo is airing RuPaul’s Drag Race 15 Fan Favorite Queens, devoted to the RPDR stars who set our heart aquiver.

And it’s right before the NewNowNext Awards, which celebrate those rising stars who broke through in 2014 and will be front-page news next year. A match made in heaven.

What’s that—you want more? Okay, then: During the evening, Logo will reveal the names of the queens that will appear next year on RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 7.
    AmyKay and JosephD like this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Im looking forward to it too!! I love me some Ru!
    "Alot of people when they listen, they don't listen. They hear but they don't listen to what the person is saying. " Boston Rob (Mariano)
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

I can't wait for the new season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had my mind all set on a January premiere but honestly, I got so many shows going on right now that a spring RuPaul is probably better for me. By spring, all the shows I'm watching now will be ending or going into reruns, so that'll be just in time for Auntie Ru.
    AmyKay likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

Took 'em long enough...we have a premiere date, and an official trailer:

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 7: First Look | Video Clips, Watch Full Episodes Online

Season 7 starts Monday March 2nd. And Santino is gone! Replaced by Carson Kressly and Ross Matthews (alternating or together, who knows).
    petertracy and JosephD like this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

YES!!! I can't wait. It looks like it's going to be an interesting season. I'm going to miss Santino, though. I just love him. Carson and Ross are fine, but I've been a Santino fan since his Project Runway days.

+ Reply to Thread