+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 58 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: RuPaul's Drag Race - Past Seasons & Queens Discussion (1-8)

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race / Drag U (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

Gala . . .

THE GODS OF DRAG HEARD OUR HEARTFELT CRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was SO excited, too, when Alyssa's ass was bounced out of there. And I was even MORE gleeful that she went at Coco's hands!! TALK about poetic justice!

Thing about it is, though, with Alyssa no longer there to serve as a lightning rod for Coco, I wonder just HOW long it's gonna take for Coco to be gone? I used to like her a lot, but she's become so bitter and mean-spirited, that she's no longer fun to have around.

And ITA with you about her perfume ad performance. I'm SMH. It is STILL beyond me that somebody would have to say to her --- not ONCE, but at LEAST twice! --- that the leopard catsuit against the leopard background was questionable, at best. I mean, WHO WOULDN'T GET THAT AND HAVE TO BE TOLD IT??

Coco has really turned out to be not quite as smart as I first thought she was, BUT . . .

I SURE AM GLAD SHE HANDLED ALYSSA'S ASS RIGHT OUT THAT DOOR, THOUGH!

I really like Roxxxy, too, but I NEVER liked her look, in terms of the dark makeup and the blonde/red hair. She DID look prettier with darker hair and lighter makeup.

Couldn't STAND Jinkx' "Day of the Dead" runway look, but the makeup WAS applied beautifully, and actually WAS pretty --- in its "Day of the Dead" way --- after it was applied. And all things considered, I would rather have Jinkx around ANY day, over Alyssa, so it's all good!

My faves, too are Jinkx, Roxxxy and Alaska or Detox, with Alaska having a slight edge, right at this second.

I'll be checking it out, of course!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gala62 likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown
    Spring 2016 FoRT Yearbook Title: "Most Likely to Make a Short Story Long, and a Long Story LONGER!"

Happy to see Alyssa kicked to the curb. Just too strange for color TV.

For me it's down to Jinkx and Alaska, and the rest are merely "who's going next". I'm not as fond of Roxxxy -- she reminds me of Shanel from season 1 & All-Stars. No sense of humor. And Detox just isn't as interesting as the others (not to mention, I find the immense amount of work she's had done to be disturbing). I don't mind Coco as much as most people, even if she does have a big mouth. Don't most drag queens?
    ness and Gala62 like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I was trying to remember who's won in the past to try and guess what Ru might be looking for this time around.
    After checking online for names (sheesh my memory is getting bad! lol)

S1 - Bebe Zahara - exotic, international
    S2 - Tyra Sanchez - pageant (ugh, don't get me started!)
    S3 - Raja - runway, couture
    S3 - Sharon Needles - punk, edgy

So what is Ru looking for this time around?
    I'm guessing comedic. Someone who can bring the funny, can act, and also looks good on the runway.
    Winner? Jinx! with Alaska as runner up.

One other note - one of the funniest (albeit unintentionally) bits was Alyssa's attempts to act out an orgasm. You could just see it in her face - "I'll just lip synch my way out of this mess". Wrong!
    ness likes this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

So happy Alyssa is gone!

Really like Jinx.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Alyssa leaving was utter BULL. Coco's lip sync was standing there waving her arms. Granted, she nailed the words, but other than that she was CLEARLY outperformed. Based on the challenge, Alyssa did poorly. But if they would solely base the elimination on the LIP SYNC, Alyssa GAVE IT, HUNTY.

Alyssa was BY FAR, the most unintentionally funny character the show has had in five seasons. Her ridiculous behavior was hilarious...on top of her being so aloof to everything lol

I will truly miss her. Although my top 3 has remained Jinkx, Alaska, and Detox for a long time now....GET COCO AND ROXXXY OUUUTTTT

edit: After browsing through this forum's opinions....ew. lmao sorry people but the Coco over Alyssa stuff? No way! Coco is a bitter betty who needs to complain just about EVERYTHING.

I think we are all on the same page with Jinkx and Alaska though.

I don't think too many of us like Coco AT ALL (at least not any more). But speaking for myself only...I grew very, very tired of Alyssa's dependence on lip synching for the save. Absolutely she was better at it - but she was phoning in the rest of the challenges (god, that fake, clueless orgasm still kills me!). Finally Ru got sick of those shenanigans and booted her out. Hopefully Coco will be right out the door behind her!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

I'll admit that I didn't notice how insufferable Coco could be until later in the season. But I'd still prefer her over Alyssa, because fake-war aside, I was on to Alyssa's act from week 1. Mainly that she didn't have one, only a cliched reality TV agenda. "Not here to make friends" should set off alarms on any show that the contestant is doomed, no matter how many corpses they leave in their trail.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

dvr is still acting up and I missed the episode where Coco left.

Yesterday it was down to Jinx, Detox, Roxxy and Alaska. And holy sh*t did they gang up on Jinx. Alaska was a little better, but Roxxy and Detox were vicious.
    The runway consisted of 3 looks -all with a candy theme. Sweet 16, executive (ok not sure about the candy with this one!) and candy couture.

First they had to do a silly little song and dance that Jinx absolutely stole.
    Alaska won the runway challenge - her 3 looks were the most cohesive and looked the best.
    Roxxy (god - when did she become such a BITCH!) did a great couture look.
    Detox and Jinx's couture looks were pretty bad and they were up for elimination. But first Ru asked each one who should go home. Jinx chose Detox and everyone else chose Jinx. I agree with Michelle - there was a plan for who was "supposed" to be in the F3.
    Jinx killed the lip synch while Detox did that assinine lip quiver and not much else (she even resorted to pointing to it!). It was hysterical to listen to Roxxy saying that Jinx was in such trouble.
    But in the end, Ru quickly announce Jinx was safe and sent Detox packing, much to everyone else's chagrin. LOLOLOLOLOL
    Shame on Alaska really. She should have stepped up and away from that nasty twosome. It did her no favors.

Still hoping for a Jinx win, but Alaska would be OK. JUST. NOT. ROXXY.
    petertracy likes this.

Haven't watched the whole show in depth yet, but from what snippets I DID catch . . .

Jinkx, bless her heart, has grown on me. And she DID steal the choreographed runway dance. LOVED that.

I was SO glad, during deliberations, when most of the judging panel seemed to be swinging towards 86ing Jinkx, and Michelle pointed out --- RIGHTFULLY SO! --- that while there was truth in what they were saying, her feeling was that the other three basically ganged up as a group/clique and dipped Jinkx in the grease. Which MICHELLE didn't appreciate. She also mentioned the cliqueish deal between the other three earlier, during ANOTHER deliberation session, (IIRC), and frankly, I clearly remember when she cautioned them that having friends was fine, but at the end of the day, they needed to remember that THIS WAS A COMPETITION.

For once, I think, justice reigned on a reality show!

More later when I look at the whole show and "Untucked" properly!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown
    Spring 2016 FoRT Yearbook Title: "Most Likely to Make a Short Story Long, and a Long Story LONGER!"

Even though I wanted Roxxxy gone first, I guess it was right that Detox left first. She doesn't have much of an act, or performance chops either.

Hopefully Roxxy will have a complete meltdown during the acting porttions, or filming the music video. She is soooo not America's Next Drag Superstar. She's like Shanel, always having to spout affirmations and looking for validation everywhere -- at least Shanel could juggle!
    petertracy and Gala62 like this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread