+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: RuPaul's Drag Race in the Media

RuPaul's Drag Race in the Media

Oh my! Shangela is the queen that won't quit! She's snagged herself a nice TV role that even Raja would covet:

'Community' scoop: 'RuPaul's Drag Race' star Shangela, a.k.a. D.J. Pierce, to guest star

by Tanner Stransky
    Sep 16 2011 06:30 PM ET

RuPaul’s Drag Race fave Shangela is headed back to TV! EW has exclusively learned that Shangela — also known by her out-of-drag name D.J. Pierce — just wrapped a small, but important, guest spot on an upcoming episode of NBC’s comedy Community.

The episode, currently slated to air Nov. 3, finds Pierce playing a drag character, Miss Urbana Champaign, that makes a gut-busting viral video praising the use of Pierce’s (Chevy Chase) Hawthorne Wipes in a way that is not exactly how they were originally intended to be used. The video leads to the wipes gaining iconic status and propels Chase’s Pierce to throw a big party — that is, until his father Cornelius Hawthorne (Larry Cedar) shuts it down.

So just what is D.J. Pierce’s character’s scandalous use for the wipes? We can’t say exactly. But considering that Pierce is a drag queen in real life and considering that does indeed influence his role in the episode, there are just so many possibilities, right? Just think about it a little bit, people!

For his part, the fan-favorite Pierce couldn’t be happier to have done the spot on Community. “It’s a real honor and dream come true for me to be part of something as awesome as NBC’s Community, working with such comic legends as John Goodman and Chevy Chase,” D.J. Pierce told EW. “All I can say is halleloo!”

This latest casting only extends the relationship Pierce seems to be developing with NBC, as last spring he was cast in the network’s pilot for Don Johnson’s drama A Mann’s World, which was not picked up during this past development season. Pierce has also been cast in the pilot for HBO’s comedy Spring/Fall alongside Sigourney Weaver and Tιa Leoni and recently appeared on Lifetime’s Dance Moms, teaching little girls how to do the “death drop.”
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race (Logo-VH1)

I came here to post that I saw JuJuBee at the Atlanta Gay Pride Parade. I didn't realize it was her until her float went right on by me. So I chased it down the street to take pictures. It was totally a "groupie" moment. LOL!! BeBe Zahara, the season 1 winner, was also in the parade and I got good pics of her too.

I knew someone here would appreciate my joy as my husband thinks I'm totally crazy. LOL!

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race (Logo)

Piyah Martell, Transgender Teen, To Guest Star On 'RuPaul's Drag Race'

First Posted: 02/13/2012 10:49 am Updated: 02/13/2012 11:58 am

Last fall we interviewed Piyah Martell, a transgender teen and Internet sensation who was born with a rare condition called Caudal Regression Syndrome that kept her spine and legs from fully developing in the womb.

Martell has gained a following thanks to her YouTube cover videos of songs by artists like Lady Gaga and Mariah Carey, and now she's headed to the small screen with a guest spot on tonight's episode of "RuPaul's Drag Race."

The episode will also feature guest judges Amber Riley from "Glee" and singer Natalie Cole.

"RuPaul's Drag Race" airs Mondays at 9pm ET on LOGO.
    Piyah Martell's Facebook Page

Piyah Martell's Channel - YouTube
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race / Drag U (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

Jinkx can sing! Here she is performing "The Ladies Who Lunch" with new lyrics at the GLAAD Media Awards:

Jinkx Monsoon performs at the #glaadawards - YouTube
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race / Drag U (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

Somebody out there likes her!

RuPaul Voted 'Best Reality Host' in TV.Com Poll

The Huffington Post | By James Nichols Posted: 01/03/2014 4:23 pm EST | Updated: 01/03/2014 4:36 pm EST

After an intense week of voting, the world has finally declared what we all already knew: RuPaul really is the best host of a reality television show there is.

The Supermodel of The World beat out the likes of Adam Levine, Demi Lovato, Blake Shelton and Howard Stern to take the crown for "Best Reality Show Judge Or Host 2013" in this year's annual TV.com poll.

In fact, RuPaul didn't just win -- he slayed the competition with over 30,000 more votes than Shelton, who nabbed second place, topping the charts with 104,871.

As if that wasn't enough, "RuPaul's Drag Race" also snatched the wig title of "Best Reality Competition Series 2013" from big names such as "Face Off," "Survivor," "The Voice" and "American Idol."

ConDRAGulations, Mama Ru!
    Nice! Can't wait for the new season in February!
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race (Mondays 9PM, Logo)

Jinkx Monsoon has been the subject of a documentary that's still being completed. Someone has been filming her since before she went on Drag Race, and the film has a Kickstarter campaign to help get the production finished. There's a trailer on the homepage:

Jinkx Monsoon Feature Length Documentary by Basil Shadid - Kickstarter.com

10 days till Season 6!
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

BTW, RuPaul does a web series on YouTube called "RuPaul Drives..." -- he and a guest drive around and chat (kind of like Seinfeld's show...I wonder who came up with the idea first, lol). The newest episode features director John Waters.

RuPaul Drives - YouTube Search
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Season 7 doesn't begin until the end of January, but Bianca and Adore are making the most of their exposure. They shot a commercial for Starbucks, defiinitely the first of its kind. Although I deeply loathe Starbucks and would never spend money in one, I love some of their PR moves lately:

Coffee Frenemies | Starbucks and OUTtv - YouTube
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Jinkx Monsoon, Alaska, Courtney Act and Jackie Beat are each doing holiday-themed shows in the same Off-Broadway theater this month, and they were interviewed by the New York Times:

Don We Now ... Oh, Puhleez, Honey - The New York Times
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Bummer! Season 7 doesn't start until "Spring" -- still no definite premiere date, but that means we won't get it until at least the end of March.

Logo TV Unveils New Programming Slate; Launches Documentary Division – TCA | Deadline

In other news, UK talk show host bought the rights to do a UK version of Drag Race, and is trying to get it off the ground. He gave an interview this week after a lot of rumors started flying around:

Attitude Magazine » ‘I’m knocking on doors, but it’d be wrong for me to host it': Jonathan Ross gives Attitude the tea on ‘Drag Race UK’
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast