+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: STORM, MAGNI Fired From ROCK STAR SUPERNOVA Tour

FORT Fogey

STORM, MAGNI Fired From ROCK STAR SUPERNOVA Tour

Boy, am I glad I didn't shell out any money for this tour...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=60213

STORM, MAGNI Fired From ROCK STAR SUPERNOVA Tour - Oct. 12, 2006

Lee Williams of The Oregonian reports that Portland performer Storm Large along with Icelandic rocker Magni Asgeirsson has been effectively axed from ROCK STAR SUPERNOVA's touring roster.

The two rockers, who were embraced by home-viewing audiences throughout the run of last summer's CBS reality series "Rock Star: Supernova", had been asked by the concert's producers to perform on the tour for ROCK STAR SUPERNOVA, the band now composed of Tommy Lee, Jason Newsted, Gilby Clarke, and series winner Lukas Rossi. But Magni and Storm, along with the show's house band, were cut from the tour late Wednesday, web sites are reporting.

The reason cited? Financial.

TMZ.com is reporting that the show's finalists, Australian Toby Rand and Dilana Robichaux, are still on the bill. They will be backed, however, by Rand's group JUKE KARTEL.

Commenting to her fans on her own site, Storm seemed to take the blow with humor.

"They SAY it's financial," writes Storm, "but I know what REALLY went down ... I clearly haven't slept with enough people. I thought I got all of em' but a few were kinda squirrely and escaped my lusty grip. DANG IT!!"

But Storm asks that fans still make the gig, even if she isn't performing, as the artists who will be performing (including Dave Navarro, who laid guitar tracks for a new version of her song "Ladylike") had nothing to do with the decision.

Some good news came this week however, for Storm. Her song "Ladylike", which won her the audition of "Rock Star: Supernova" back in March, will debut on Billboard's Hot Singles chart at No. 5. And a new version, re-recorded with Dave Navarro lending guitar licks, will be released on Oct. 31 on iTunes.

God Storm is so funny.

There goes my entire reason to see the tour -- I was a Storm fan first -- a Magni fan second.

They cut the house band too??? This tour is going to tank. I know a lot of people were going to see the house band with the other performers, NOT to see Supernova.

I wonder if Panic Channel is costing them too much money? And I agree, the only way I would see the tour in the first place would be for the house band.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    I wonder if Panic Channel is costing them too much money? And I agree, the only way I would see the tour in the first place would be for the house band.
    I think at this point The Panic Channel the big reason they are even selling tickets to the concert at all. I know a large group of Panic Channel fans who bought the tickets just to see them and have to interest in anyone else on the bill.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I love Storm's reaction. She just seems to take everything in stride.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

That's probably a good thing that they have been released. Sounds like the Tour Ship is sinking before it even leaves the docks.

I also would have liked to have heard the house band. Not that I was planning to buy a ticket.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    I think at this point The Panic Channel the big reason they are even selling tickets to the concert at all. I know a large group of Panic Channel fans who bought the tickets just to see them and have to interest in anyone else on the bill.
    I confess that I would sooner shell out to see Navarro's band than the Rockstar house band (even though I think PC's stuff is not quite up to par - I'm still a fan of Dave's). The tour's not coming anywhere close to my town, so it's a moot point, but I would have liked to have seen Storm (and Dilana). Actually, my husband was gung-ho to see Supernova, period, so that's two tickets they didn't sell by not coming to Western Canada. :nono

I really like that Navarro kept his word and played on Storm's single.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I like that Dave kept his word to Storm as well. I love her voice and find her very refreshing with her personality and sense of humor. I wonder if they axe fell because the House Band/Storm/Magni was better/too much competition for trademark Supernova. LOL

I seriously doubt it was a money issue, don't they figure things like that out before they sign contracts! But hey, who knows, could have been...
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I seriously doubt it was a money issue, don't they figure things like that out before they sign contracts! But hey, who knows, could have been...
    They didn't last season. Hence all the mess trying to sort out tour for the runners up, with the houseband, obviously that never happened. You would have thought they would have worked something into the contract this season.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast