+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rock Star - Elimination Show Report - 9/6/06 *TEASERS*

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=LAGuy;2060048]
    ...and I don’t think it’s giving away too much to say that one of them had half the audience in tears.

QUOTE]

This one really had me going, because I don't think any of the original songs were the type to cause some weeping, nor would IWYTWM. That left Wishing You Were Here. First thought - Magni singing to his family. But then I had another thought, and I'll go a different direction with my guess. I think Toby's in the bottom 3 (not that he should be) and sings WYWH in honor of countryman Steve Irwin. If that actually happens, I will probably be in tears watching it tonight. I also think he's sent back to the couch by Gilby.

The others are tougher. I'm going to guess Dilana does IWYTWM (seems appropriate) with either Lukas or Storm doing their original again (I'm really thinking Lukas). I think Dilana goes home (don't tell my wife, Dilana is her favorite and she'd toast me if she knew I said this).

And thanks for the great teasers LAGuy...just so cool!

FORT Newbie
    Thanks for posting the teasers.

I have no clue who would sing what but I'll give it a shot:

Wish You Were Here--Magni. It just screams him.
    I Want You To Want Me--Dilana. And then she will go into a speech about how she's her own person and she makes mistakes. Again.
    Original Song--Storm. She was all about her original song in the mansion clips and I bet she does it again.

So that would mean Lukas and Toby are safe. Seems reasonable.

Encore--Toby. For my own selfish reasons, I liked his song the best.
    Sings with Supernova--Magni. Either Storm or Magni will get it and Iceland will start a riot if he doesn't get it soon.

Eliminated--Storm?? (with a huge question mark). I have no clue. The fact people were crying makes me think it was either Magni or Storm. I don't think many people would be surprised if Dilana left to the point of hysterically crying. I flipped a coin and it landed on Storm going home. It's not a scientific way of deciding who goes home, but it worked in this case.

Off topic, but don't you have to be a US resident to claim a prize like a Honda car? Since Toby is from Australia, Lukas is from Canada and Magni is from Iceland, then that would mean that if they win it, there's a chance that they couldn't collect it. That would suck if they earned it and couldn't collect.

Wish You Were Here is my very favorite PF song and one of my all time favorite songs ever - so I hope whoever got it, does it justice. It is a sad song and I'm thinking that was the tearjerker for the night ...

I can't bear to think of either Magni or Storm leaving - so I really hope it was Dilana. But am thinking Tommy not being able to do it - it might have been Stormy. (which will make me really sad) ...

Great line from WYWH - "Would you exchange a walk on part in the war for a leading roll in a cage ... "

Thanks, LAGuy .... 2 more hours ...

FORT Fanatic
    if anyone knows who is going home, send me a pm, but dont tell me who's going. just tell me if i should prepare for the worst. is one of my two favorites dilana or storm going home?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC3 View Post
    Off topic, but don't you have to be a US resident to claim a prize like a Honda car? Since Toby is from Australia, Lukas is from Canada and Magni is from Iceland, then that would mean that if they win it, there's a chance that they couldn't collect it. That would suck if they earned it and couldn't collect.
    I don't know...I know last season MiG won one and he's an Aussie living in England... maybe it's included in their contract as part of their "payment" or something... Anyone?

I'm kinda worried about tonight... I really love "Wish You Were Here" and don't think any of the remaining singers can do it justice--or match Marty's rendition of it last season. Marty's rendition of the Killers' "Mr. Brightside" (last season) was also way better than Toby's version (last night), IMO...so I hope it's not Toby who's doing that cover. I really don't want to hear Dilana's take on it. I don't like Storm's voice enough to want her to do it. That leaves Lukas and Magni...Lukas? No. Which by default leaves Magni, but I don't think his voice will be suited for that song. I hope to be proven wrong by whoever does it...

As for "I Want You To Want Me"--it's one of Cheap Trick's poppier songs and I don't think SN is going to like whoever does it. I also think that the title is begging them to pick the singer of that song...it didn't work for Jessica last season and I don't think it's going to work this time.

I wouldn't have thought this a couple weeks ago but I think Dilana is going home tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ABC3 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing... but. The emissions requirements are not terribly different in Australia or Canada (and I'm going off of the fact that my company builds cars in both countries that are marketed in the US and I don't believe we have tweaking to do in order to make them saleable.) For Iceland, I have no clue. But I wonder if Honda markets the Ridgeline in those countries... or whether they'd offer them a comparable product in their countries if Toby, Lukas, or Magni win it.

Lukas would have the easier time of it as we can sell it to him here and he can transfer and transport it to Canada.

How many here have purchased tickets to one of the concert? I have a chance to get some tickets, but if Lukas headlines then I just cannot bring myself to go. But then again, to see the HB w/ the others would be awesome. I would have to fly out to see the concert since they will not be in my hometown. Decisions, decisions.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Newbie

rockstar-females? cmon!

Supernova consisted of one awesome arena rock star-Tommy-one thrash metal star-Jason and one wanna be replacement for another great arena star-gilby------the bass guitar i was hearing was so lame considering Jason was in Metallica during it's prime. He was playing like some download wonder wussy band. I expected him to give the world a taste of what metal (and rock) is about. This guy was one of the greater bass gutar players in the world at one time and I don't know what he could have been thinking. Anyway---I heard a rumor about the third season only featuring chicks. Why???? Is it the large corporations furthering the slide away from talent in order to max the money and least the effort? I know there are a few women out there that really rock a mike but only a few. Why not get some variety. Wouldn't it be great if a 'Merciful Fate King Diamond' type guy was up against a 'Amon Amarth core metal' type guy going for a position with some ripping 'Mastadon' type band? Ok maybe Americas not ready for that but atleast lets see a band that resembles the one in the movie 'Rockstar' (you know Zakk Wylde, Bonham etc...) or even the band they put together for Damnocracy. That was great. They could be looking for the next Seabastian Bach. There is so much they could do with great rock that this lame stuff isn't necessary.

FORT Newbie

Darn age limit

Wish I could get on the show. Im 40 now and near age of the bands that are looking. I wish I could get a chance, I'd grab whatever was available for songs that would show my talent and emotion. I know that a band like Supernova would have talked among themselves and say 'hey-let's freakin' tear it up and get back to the metal since we could get this guy' lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12