+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you were starting a band...

I was a fan of G&R for awhile and had 3 or 4 of their CD's. I think everyone likes "Enter Sandman", but that's it for me as well as far as Metallica goes. For MC? Nothing, nada, zip!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

LKH
    Dilana, BUT only if she gets over herself. Otherwise, it would be storm.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Yet think of the great women in rock and didn't they too have a goddess complex? Janis Joplin, MAdonna (well maybe not rock, but she made a huge mark on music in the 80's), Stevie Nicks and a few others. See, can't even name that many women rockers.
    I must disagree here. Janis Joplin was a tormented woman who had an incredibly poor self-image and the worst self-destructive tendencies imaginable - remember she was a monster talent who literally destroyed half her vocal ability with her heavy drinking.

Actually, there are many fabulous women rockers, past and present. The Wilson sisters immediately come to mind, along with the incomparable Johnette Napolitano, Joan Jett, Melissa Etheridge, Joss Stone, Grace Slick, Courtney Love, Chrissy Hynde, Gwen Stefani...and Lilith Fair has taken a beating in this forum, thanks Patrice but wow, that was ALL about amazing female musicians.

Now, having said all that, I would pick Lukas. Great stage presence, standout look, interesting sound, and apparent song-writing talent. All this is subject to taste, of course, but I think he would do very nicely fronting a modern rock band.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    She's heard of Metallica, Motley Crue and G&R, she just didn't care for them. And I'm right there with her. I liked one Metallica song (Enter Sandman), one G&R song (Welcome to the Jungle) and zero MC songs.
    Oops, once again I heard/read the question wrong. Sorry.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    She's heard of Metallica, Motley Crue and G&R, she just didn't care for them. And I'm right there with her. I liked one Metallica song (Enter Sandman), one G&R song (Welcome to the Jungle) and zero MC songs.
    I agree. I've certainly heard of them too, and never cared for them at all. Nor do I care for screaming trying to pass as singing.

To keep this on topic - I would choose Magni in a heartbeat for any band I was associated with.

FORT Fan
    I would choose Magni because of his vocal abilities,musicianship,and just overal ability to get along with others.
    I also have to say that I never really listened to the music from any of the bands that the guys from SuperNova played with, except maybe when a song has played on the radio. I really do not consider them individually or together to be outstanding musicians,or riveting performers.Not to say that they are not capable musicians,but if I compare them all to what I would consider real Rockstars,they are'nt. I most likely will not listen to their music once this show is over.
    As for women rockers I would like to add to others listings- Pat Bentar, Debra Harry from Blondie, Christie McVey from Fleetwood Mac,whose voice I always perfered over Stevie Nicks,Bonnie Raitt-probably not so rock,but love Sade and Joni Mitchell.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Magni. He tackled Hendrix and thrived...

Sorry about stating the obvious, but I would pick Nate and Rafael and my first choices. Then I would go after Paul, Jim and Sasha.

Oh wait... you mean out of the contestants... i was choosing from the most talented people on the show. Sorry.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by hypnoboy View Post
    Sorry about stating the obvious, but I would pick Nate and Rafael and my first choices. Then I would go after Paul, Jim and Sasha.

Oh wait... you mean out of the contestants... i was choosing from the most talented people on the show. Sorry.
    I am totally with you. But if I were choosing a singer, it would have to be Dilana. She is the only one that really has the total package. Storm would be next.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12