+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: 8/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Part of the reason Magni might not have gotten enough votes is people like me thought he killed his song and would have no problem gettings votes. So I put all my energy into Storm last week, sorry Broadway (I'll throw some votes Toby's way next week too).

Since a few weeks ago I caught Magni Fever, but honestly couldn't fathom him being in the bottom three. *shrugs*
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    How quickly Josh, aka JFed, has been forgotten. It's only been two weeks.
    OK, now I know. (The JFed gives it away.) I always got him, Phil and Chris mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar View Post
    For LAGuy and Blues Songstress, what was the band's reaction to the Dilana fracas? All we saw on TV was Dave's comments. Last year, INXS didn't have a problem with JD's comparable antics. I get the feeling that the whole issue was staged for TV, not because SN really cares. (Not that Dilana didn't say those things of her own volition, or that they weren't juvenile and obnoxious… just that Tommy and the crew don't give a rip.)
    ALL of the questioning was conducted by Dave. Tommy and Gilby were surprisingly mum throughout. Jason only weighed in at the end of the Media Clinic discussion, but that was to address all the Rockers. He mentioned that he had been around that day and saw whole conversations, so he knew what had been said by everyone. (IIRC, he alluded that some of the others weren't entirely spotless, either.) BUT, he said, this discussion wasn't about "breaking someone down". Instead, it was a lesson to them all: The media will take things out of context - so don't give them the ammo in the first place!

Thanks, LAGuy. It sounds like about what I would have expected. Not to excuse Dilana's rude lack of discretion, but I really don't think this has afftected her standing with the band at all. I think the flame she started with her comments throughout the week was fanned by Dave for TV purposes.

I agree with Krom's initial assessment, which is that this is the point in the plot where the fairly obvious winner is knocked down a peg or two in order to create doubt for viewers. In "Reality TV 101," this would be week six in the syllabus.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmar View Post
    I agree with Krom's initial assessment, which is that this is the point in the plot where the fairly obvious winner is knocked down a peg or two in order to create doubt for viewers. In "Reality TV 101," this would be week six in the syllabus.
    Darn, I was absent from class that day. I was caught flat-footed when I should have been culture-wise to Reality TV. Thanks for letting me peek at your notes, jasmar. I feel better now.

Seriously, Magni KILLED that song on elimination night. I have always liked him, and I think he has a great voice. That song showed he has all kinds of stage presence as well, and how good did he look jamming with the house band? Yikes!

Finally watched the show and boy did Dilana look upset when Dave was grilling her. Personally I think she deserved it, and hopefully she will learn from it. She needs to tone down her arrogence a peg or two. Let's face it, they all have a touch of arrogence (a TOUCH, you say! ) but you have to learn to tone it down. People who are your fans want to support you but many wouldn't like it much if you come across as too cocky or entitled. I was pretty surprised she made those comments to Ryan about the house band. It's fine to think that, but what is the point of saying it to him in front of the cameras? It's probably only going to win him some sympathy votes. Not smart.

+ Reply to Thread