+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 8/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    I can't believe Lukas was not in the bottom 3 last night! He totally deserved to be there for his back to the audience performance.
    Agree

I have to admit that I have not been voting every week, but I'm planning to vote next week, hoping to keep Magni & Toby out of the bottom 3. I don't know if either of them will actually win, but I'd like to keep them around for a little while longer.
    I didn't vote either this last time, so like you I will be putting my fingers to use voting for Magni & Toby.

The winner of a best singer/performer competition would probably be different from the winner of this who is best for Supernova competition. Hopefully, SN can figure out who is best for them soon (I don't think they have yet), and time is running out.
    I have a feeling that all three of the guys have a different singer in mind for their band. Maybe that would explain their weekly contradicting statements. How did these three guys get together anyway?
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by realityfan25 View Post
    i think dilana was wrong with the media, but i can understand that she cant lie. she's from another country, and its very hard for such ethnic people to lie.
    Ethnic people don't lie? Only white people lie????
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Ethnic people don't lie? Only white people lie????
    I wondered about that one too.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet View Post
    I don't think for a minute Dilana was just being "honest." She was delighting in ragging on the other contestants and got called on it big time. An apology is good, but don't use the too much "honesty" (implied as something admirable) thing as a cop-out for your behavior. This week hasn't been an isolated incident, either. I hope she learns and grows from this experience, because I think she is a great performer. I don't think she has the best voice, but she knows how to work what she has and really draws the audience into her performances.
    She apologized because she got "caught." Notice when they asked if she had been kidding about Ryan only being good because of the house band, she first said no - got a negative reaction from the audience - and immediately changed it to yes.

She didn't say those things because she's honest, she said them to be self-serving.

I don't know her, but she comes across as very arrogant and intolerant of others.

I've never liked her singing or her mutiliations, now I don't much like her much.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    She didn't say those things because she's honest, she said them to be self-serving.
    Exactly. Sure, what she said wasn't untruthful, but it's quite obvious that she said those things to try to make herself look better and emphasize that she's head and shoulders above the rest (in her eyes.) She knew what she was saying was wrong, as evidenced by her videotaped comment that "I shouldn't have said that but I had to remember first and foremost that this is a competition."

She's the type of person that has to tear others down to make herself look better and I can't respect that whether the facts are truthful or not.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    heh.... at least Tommy's comment really lets us know where Toby stands with them as well. The band was shocked that Toby was bottom 3.

He rocked that...and he really showed that he knows how to play to the audience. Bonus!
    I've never paid much attention to Toby - neither liked nor disliked him. But I have to say he fit right in with the band last night, and I could see him winning.

Oh wait, did someone say the viewers get to choose? Then I guess it's going to be between Dilana and Lukas. Good thing I didn't plan on buying a Supernova CD anyway

LKH
    I agree. Last night it seemed like Dilana was more interested in defending herself than making amends. I really hope she goes back to the mansion and takes inventory, and gets a rein on that ego. If she can do a mea culpa and make amends, then I still can't see anyone else fronting the band. If she continues to act like a Queen B-yotch, then she needs to go home. Nobody should have to put up with that.

FORT Regular
    I think Toby fit in better than Dilana after last night's show. Much better. Her voice is boring.

I don't think they would let the fans pick the winner - that would be crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Panicfc View Post
    II don't think they would let the fans pick the winner - that would be crazy.
    They don't. One person could be in the bottom three each and every week, but the band doesn't have to send them home. Another person could make it through to the end without ever being in the bottom three and the band could say "eh, not for us". The eventual winner is completely and utterly up to the band. They'd be fools not to pay some attention to public opinion, though, since the public is who they are selling to.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

[QUOTE=BlondieGal;2036423]

I have a feeling that all three of the guys have a different singer in mind for their band. Maybe that would explain their weekly contradicting statements.

This is a feeling I have had for the past few weeks. Only difference, I don't think the person any of them want is in this competition. They have to pick someone and I'm guessing they may regret doing this show.

+ Reply to Thread