+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 8/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by smooches View Post
    Several tonight suggested that the Dilana bashing was exaggerated by editing. My immediate response is this.........If you don't say it, then it won't ever be available to be put into an edit package. I don't care what degree she meant it in, those words still came out of her mouth.
    I agree that she shouldn't have said anything that could be construed as controversial. Personally, I don't think that most of what she said was all that bad, but that's just my humble opinion. Many of the rockers have been called for making snarky comments - it's just Dilana's turn to take the heat.

Dilana seemed very unhappy and on the verge of tears through most of the taping today. I really felt for her. On the way out I told her that I love her and gave her a thumbs up. She said, "Thank you" and "I'm really not a bitch".

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellon View Post
    Hear, hear, Smooches! Great point! I'll also add that her backpeddling is what has turned me off of her. At least when Ryan was being an ass, he owned up to what he said.
    I didn't hear her backpedal today. She attempted to explain what she meant toward Ryan and got cut off. Regarding the press mess, she merely acknowledged her mistake and apologized to everyone offended by her words. I don't recall Ryan ever owning up to being an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres View Post
    I agree that she shouldn't have said anything that could be construed as controversial. Personally, I don't think that most of what she said was all that bad, but that's just my humble opinion. Many of the rockers have been called for making snarky comments - it's just Dilana's turn to take the heat.

Dilana seemed very unhappy and on the verge of tears through most of the taping today. I really felt for her. On the way out I told her that I love her and gave her a thumbs up. She said, "Thank you" and "I'm really not a bitch".
    I think Dilana needed to eat humble pie. And a big slice of it at that. I think she got way too comfortable at believing her own hype and turned into a huge prima donna.

I think Ryan's comments to Dana earlier this season were wrong - but I think Ryan just has an abrasive NY personality (people have accused me of that, go figyah!). Dilana's came from a different place ... it was I've got the band and the public eating out of my hand and the rest of you are losers.

I really liked Dilana ... but I would much rather see someone else win ... like Magni or Storm or Lukas (and I started the season hating Lukas and loving Dilana) ...

I know we all make mistakes and people "learn" ... Dilana is not a 22 yr. old kid ... she's been around the block ... quite a few times .. and she should know better ....

Beware Tommy, Gilby and Jason ... bad news when you can't trust one of your own!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres View Post

That's what I was thinking, she probable just had a bad day, nerves or something. Almost everyone there has sad something wrong or had a bad day, if we watch all the shows again we would see.
    F.e. Ryan told Dana that here performance made him uncomfortable, Lukas was a bitch in the beginning, Magni was a little bit rude and controlling to Jill when the where putting there song together, Toby said that Dilana was horrible when she was practising her vocals one day and Storm has probably said something but I don't remeber it now.

So I think this was blown up.

I was surprised to see Magni in the bottom 3 but I know that the Icelanders can only vote from 3-7 during the night so it probably counts.
    Ok, lots of people could stay up until 2 o'clock and vote but now they have to wait until 3 an thats heavy when peoples have to go to work, take care of babies and so on.

I think he was magnificent when he performed the song "Fire", just brilliant.
    Both in that song and "Smells like teen spirit" he got the hole crowd in the house with him.

I knew that Patrice was going tonight, finally.
    There was just something wrong about here, at least she was definitely not right for Supernova.

Top 2:
    I think Dilana is a brilliant artist that has a special smokey voice.
    Magni is a great singer with a good heart and always delivers a good performance.
    These 2 are the most stable people, only 1 lala performance.

next 2:
    Lukas is cool and entertaining but I'm still not sure if he can sing a hole concert and he is a bit to unstable.
    Ryan has been stepping up and putting himself among the best but there is something off about him, he is just not likable.

bottom 2:
    Storm and Toby. I liked them both a lot in the beginning but now I thing Toby is boring og Storm doesn't deliver all the time.

Toby always sings like he is trying too eat the mic and for me he is always the same, I do not se any changes in his performances.
    Storm was very interesting and cool in the beginning but now it's like she is insecure and failing to often.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Juls2 View Post
    I think Dilana needed to eat humble pie. And a big slice of it at that. I think she got way too comfortable at believing her own hype and turned into a huge prima donna. .....
    I agree, she was getting to sure about her as the winner.
    In the beginning she looked humble, supportive and nice but after she sang with the band she just turned in to a bitch.

Hopefully she will come around and this was just a bad day for her.

Well I know that I am in the extreme minority here but Ryan is my favorite. Week by week he has been growing on me and I would love to see him with this thing.

I was intially shocked by what Dilana said...but then I also remember how things get twisted, turned and edited to death when I was at the tapings last year. So I am betting she is not as "mean" as she was edited to be tonight.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I'm trying to put my thoughts together after a week of viewing the internet and watching the shows. I feel sad that Dilana had to be taken down in public. A more subdued Dilana will hopefully rally and not deflate her performances - that would be the shame of this exercise and catechism. Over the weeks you could see where she would mother-hen Lukas...such as choosing him for her song writing team in order to get him away from Toby - his drinking buddy. And I can see where Lukas would emphatically reject her interventions. I don't know if their breech can be mended - so sad. Dilana...you need to learn diplomacy and fast...no more honesty.

As for the musical portion of tonight's show - WOW! Toby blew the roof off twice. I loved the bit where he joined Patrice and Magni and Magni sang with him. He worked the stage during the SN song and really worked the stage during his B3 song (including the bandstand). I said to Lukas through the TV - see, you can sing to the band and the audience and make both feel included.

Then there was Magni, the magnificent guitar man, playing Hendrix.
    He and his guitar were so alive. His vocals, as usual, rang through the clash. I hope he gets the SN song next week.

Goodbye Patrice. I'm sure you've had and will have a terrific career.

P.S. to anyone wanting to be a RockStar: always remember that target on your back! :nono It only gets bigger as you get bigger.

FORT Fan
    The only good thing about Magni being undeservably in the bottom three ,was that we got to hear that fine performance from him tonight,that I thought was the highlight of the show. I really enjoy listening to him sing,and his guitar playing is not bad either. I have not bothered to vote this season,but maybe I will have to. I thought Toby's delivery worked really well with SuperNova. I liked this song better then last weeks SuperNova tune.The Plush song was ,somewhat boring for me,although he sings well. I think I am bored with the song. Patrice just does not have enough uniqueness or charisma to front the band.
    Although Dilana is a excellent stage performer, vocally I find there is alot more to be desired , if she is going to have the balls to be so cocky.Also to say the House band is what made Ryan's song ,as Dave said,they help everyone there look better. I think Ryan has versatilty as a musician, and songwriter,but I find it uncomfortable to look at him when he sings ,because of his facial expressions. His voice does not appeal to me either. I think that Lukas's problem with turning away from the audience stems from his insecurities,and maybe being to self absorbed.

Quote Originally Posted by ateapot View Post
    Beg to disagree, Rattus.

Magni and Toby - HOLY CRAP! Those were more like encores than bottom 3 performances!
    No kidding! They were amazing. Stoopit America.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by JR. View Post
    Next week: Viewers Choice

OK, my chioce would be for Ryan to be sent packing, and for Storm to come to my house
    Husband and I will be going to see Storm when she gets cut and comes back to town. We'll send her your regards.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

+ Reply to Thread