+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 8/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    When Patrice was saying goodbye to everyone, I could see Dilana waiting to hug her and say goodbye. It seemed like Patrice was ignoring her...Blues Songstres and LAGuy, did Dilana get her hug?
    I'm sure she did. I honestly don't pay a whole lot of attention to the good-byes, as they go on much longer than what you see on TV. Frequently the audience is leaving before the Rockers finish up!

Not that I'm defending Dilana's attitude, but didn't Ryan pretty much do the same to Dana, telling her she wasn't any good. What a hypocrite? He was pretty harsh on her and Dave or someone told him that she was better than he was (at the time) so he should watch his mouth!
    Excellent point, Lois! Didn't he say something like Dana embarassed him? That's actually worse than what Dilana said to him, imo. So I guess Ryan only takes offense when someone "talks down" to him - not when he is the one doing the talking.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy View Post
    I'm sure she did. I honestly don't pay a whole lot of attention to the good-byes, as they go on much longer than what you see on TV. Frequently the audience is leaving before the Rockers finish up!

Excellent point, Lois! Didn't he say something like Dana embarassed him? That's actually worse than what Dilana said to him, imo. So I guess Ryan only takes offense when someone "talks down" to him - not when he is the one doing the talking.
    That was what actually turned me off Ryan. At that point, Dana at least had a good voice, Ryan had well, nothing. Since then he has stepped up his game, but talking smack is never right. And I was embarassed for him when he said that.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Several tonight suggested that the Dilana bashing was exaggerated by editing. My immediate response is this.........If you don't say it, then it won't ever be available to be put into an edit package. I don't care what degree she meant it in, those words still came out of her mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JR. View Post
    Different? I don't know about that. Same constipated look on his face, same crap coming out of his mouth. IMO, he's the worst of the remaining conteatants and should be the next to go.
    Amen to that. In fact, I would have happily kept Patrice over him (in spite of the fact her vocals tonight were the worst I've heard from her).

A nice surprise was Magni's performance. I'd go so far as to say that's the best I've heard from him yet. I think the fact it was a less challenging song vocally helped him immensely.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Hear, hear, Smooches! Great point! I'll also add that her backpeddling is what has turned me off of her. At least when Ryan was being an ass, he owned up to what he said.

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
    I think at one point in a reality show the contestant comes to realize that they ARE not going to win and go home.... Zayra was a that point...... i think Jenny was ready to...... Josh and Jill were ready.......Dana was ready from weeks ago although im assuming she did begin to feel a bit secure..... Patrice has already accepted shes going home...... you can see it on her face.
    I was thinking the exact same thing tonight while I was watching the show!!
    Never take life too seriously....no one makes it out alive anyway

FORT Regular
    My chime time:

Patrice - I liked her original song, but she was weak again tonight. She knew it was her turn, took it with class. Good luck.

Magni - WOW! Rocked.

Toby - Rocked.

Toby w/Supernova - didn't suck like Dilana. He actually sounded right with the band and I'd download that tune.

===

Dilana - the luster is off the diamond or whatever that is hanging from her chin. I stand with troll doll.

Storm - my favorite, but not going to win. Her performance of "Anything, Anything" was the highlight for me of the season. I want to see it a 3rd time.

Ryan - he spooks me.

Media day: Dilana should have done enough interviews with local media to know how to play the game. Weak effort, seemed calculated and it backfired. If I'm Tommy Lee, I don't want the chance to be backstabbed.

Lukas - he sounded awful with the band. AWFUL!!!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    When Patrice was saying goodbye to everyone, I could see Dilana waiting to hug her and say goodbye. It seemed like Patrice was ignoring her...Blues Songstres and LAGuy, did Dilana get her hug?

Not that I'm defending Dilana's attitude, but didn't Ryan pretty much do the same to Dana, telling her she wasn't any good. What a hypocrite? He was pretty harsh on her and Dave or someone told him that she was better than he was (at the time) so he should watch his mouth!
    Yes, Dilana did get her hug. They hugged and talked for a few minutes.

True about Ryan.

I thought it was funny when Dave pointed out that you have to have thick skin when you make it big...and pointed out TLee specifically as an example...I about busted a gut!
    Never take life too seriously....no one makes it out alive anyway

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by holiday View Post
    Dilana was ruined tonight. This show ends all chances of her winning this show and fronting this craptacular ... ummm ... superband
    I don't think so. She admitted her mistake and apologized. I think that will go a long way with SN.

+ Reply to Thread