+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Supernova sucks

Supernova sucks

I am starting this thread just to see if I am alone out there or others agree. I loved Rockstar IXS and anxiously anticipated this show starting. After watching several episodes (including last night) I am so disgusted by the behavior and comments of this band, they are the bottom feeders of the music industry. I like rock, but will no longer watch Supernova.

Rant, rant
    Support the FORT - Go Green

You could just watch it to hear some good musical performances and divorce the "Supernova" portion from your mind a bit.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

When you think about the guys who make up SN, it shouldn't surprise you in the least.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    You could just watch it to hear some good musical performances and divorce the "Supernova" portion from your mind a bit.
    That's pretty much what I do. I think these guys behave like @$$es, but some of the performances and rockers are awesome. So I watch for them.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Newbie
    obviously aimed at a younger audience this year. I also liked last years show much better, but judging from the ratings and the amount of discussion, the majority disagree with you and me.

I finally came to the realisation that, while there are some great talents trying out for this bad, I'm not going to buy an album by them nor go to an appearance of theirs no matter who wins. So I just stopped watching. I wish Dilanna tons of luck, because from the first few episodes I did see she stood out for me as head & tails above the others.

Respectfully, IMHO, I disagree wholeheartedly. Both my wife & I love Supernova, and are huge fans. These guys represent the "Rock & Roll" lifestyle, and while I certainly don't live like them, they are just too much fun to watch. If I had had an ounce of musical talent.....

Anyroads, their attitude doesn't bug me in the least. I've been a Tommy Lee fan forever, and that guy hasn't changed an iota in the last 20 years. I feel the show is living up to my expectations, we're really getting to see the 'hardrock' side of the industry and all that it entails. Different than INXS (which was FABULOUS!), & entertaining in a completely different way.

Again, I mean absolutely NO disrespect! Just a huge fan of the group, and love their B*lls to the wall attitude. Certainly not everyones cup of tea!
    I knew everything at 18, and know nothing at 38.
    I'm happier knowing nothing.

I tend to disregard what the actual guys say and just enjoy the performances. Everyone knows who the three front runners are (although Ryan may be making inroads for that) and it's just a matter of time until they're down to the finals anyway.

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

I tend to ignore them as well. I watch it for the performances, not the actual band. Doubt I would ever buy a record, much less go to a concert.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I tend to ignore them as well. I watch it for the performances, not the actual band. Doubt I would ever buy a record, much less go to a concert.
    I'm with you Misty... You don't have to like the guys in SN to watch this show. I enjoy watching the contestants, and hearing them perform great music every week. I don't see myself ever buying a SuperNova CD or going to their concert. I also don't own anything by Metallica or Guns n Roses.
    The contestants on the show are awesome though, and they really do put on a good show every week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast