+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Supernova sucks

Reality junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    That's pretty much what I do. I think these guys behave like @$$es, but some of the performances and rockers are awesome. So I watch for them.
    For some reason the first time through I read that as "Oasis" - still works.
    Are you a parent or teacher wanting to know more about computer and video games? Take a look at GAMEparents.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by JR. View Post
    Yeah, like Carmen Elektra is a saint
    You mean she ISN'T a saint???

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2034716;
    You could just watch it to hear some good musical performances and divorce the "Supernova" portion from your mind a bit.
    That is what I did, it was cringeworthy when I heard the first song performed by Dilanah & Supernova it was uninspired and sounded very cliched and tired. I think the likes of Magni, Storm and possibly Toby probably weren't so keen to join the band after actually listening to the songs.

I just read in Goldmine magazine that the first week sales for The Rockstar Supernova album was an astonishingly low 16,679 units which placed it at #101 on the Billboard Top 200. That ain't good. I got a feeling that we won't be seeing a season 3 of this show.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I would think we might still see a Season 3 of the show but it would probably have to be with an already established band rather than a band made up of people from other bands.

I'd love to see another season....I like seeing the talent they have.....I'm a rock fan at heart and even though I'm crazy about American Idol, Rock Star satisfies that love I have for rock.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

JR.
    Looks like they didn't do much after the first week either. As of December 20th:

> Where's Rock Star: Supernova?

Not sure why this occurred to me, but since Rock Star: Supernova's quick retreat from the chart, it had slipped my mind until today. The updated total for this much-hyped, TV-fueled supergroup is 31,000. Yikes.
    http://blogs.usatoday.com/listenup/2...fans_outm.html

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    IMO, one of the problems was they took so long to release an album or a single since the show was on. At least with INXS they released Pretty Vegas right after the show so it was able to capture some of the momentum that the show built for the band. It's been what 3 or 4 months since Rockstar SN and now they are finally releasing the album. I haven't heard any singles either on the radio. Bad Marketing = Bad Sales.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;2189876;
    IMO, one of the problems was they took so long to release an album or a single since the show was on. At least with INXS they released Pretty Vegas right after the show so it was able to capture some of the momentum that the show built for the band. It's been what 3 or 4 months since Rockstar SN and now they are finally releasing the album. I haven't heard any singles either on the radio. Bad Marketing = Bad Sales.
    I also think that it would have gone better if it was an established band who had prior hits under their belt. I have heard limited radio airplay, but nothing at the level of last season.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I personally LOVE supernova, and I bought their album, which was fantastic.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;2189876;
    Bad Marketing = Bad Sales.
    Also, bad songs = bad sales. I haven't heard the whole album, but the songs I did hear did nothing for me. I'm a fan of Tommy's & Jason's previous stuff, so I was looking forward to it. I still feel they picked the wrong guy, even though Lukas seems to have a somewhat of a fanbase.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast