+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 8/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I ranted about the eyelashes for so long my session timed out and I lost the post.

I love Dilana. Despite this weeks edits for the online epi. But doood. Did Z's Wrong Wardrobe Sense infect you this week or what? talk about bug eyes!! The only saving grace to those things was that they distracted me from the flat rendition of a song that tells a story. A song about obsession. A song that she should have been able to get inside of to bring the house down. She did not. She did it with Cyndi Lauper and not THIS? That is not my girl. Frankly, I smell a rat.

I'll say it. I think she has been coached to screw up this week. I think the whole thing is staged. She sang her name into the song. Come on.
    Last edited by Grayce2u; 08-23-2006 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    He is creepy. I would almost be afraid to sleep in that house if he were in it, too.
    Maybe he's the reason it's haunted!

Heh...see, I'm generally a fan of creepy (see my av ) so that's part of what I like about Lukas. He may be the wrong kind of creepy for SN though - I mean, he's more scary-creepy, while Tommy is perverted-creepy.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Grayce2u View Post
    I ranted about the eyelashes for so long my session timed out and I lost the post.

I love Dilana. Despite this weeks edits for the online epi. But doood. Did Z's Wrong Wardrobe Sense infect you this week or what? talk about bug eyes!! The only saving grace to those things was that they distracted me from the flat rendition of a song that tells a story. A song about obsession. A song that she should have been able to get inside of to bring the house down. She did not. Sh did it with Cyndi Lauper and not THIS? That is not my girl. Frankly, I smell a rat.
    I agree, I'm a BIG Dilana fan (as you can see by my av), but I am starting to be just a little disappointed in her. I hope she stops with the catty remarks (even though they are probably cutting the others' catty remarks out...if that's true, Dilana needs be a little more careful in what she says, moreso than the others...starting to make her look bad) She doesn't need the attitude, because she's already dynamic. Her performance tonight WAS probably the worst, but still better than any Patrice has ever done!

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Heh...see, I'm generally a fan of creepy (see my av ) so that's part of what I like about Lukas. He may be the wrong kind of creepy for SN though - I mean, he's more scary-creepy, while Tommy is perverted-creepy.
    Creepy is all good! I like Lukas as well. (I also like Tommy Lee! *Gasp*)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilanafan View Post
    I agree, I'm a BIG Dilana fan (as you can see by my av), but I am starting to be just a little disappointed in her. I hope she stops with the catty remarks (even though they are probably cutting the others' catty remarks out...if that's true, Dilana needs be a little more careful in what she says, moreso than the others...starting to make her look bad) She doesn't need the attitude, because she's already dynamic. Her performance tonight WAS probably the worst, but still better than any Patrice has ever done!
    At the very least, we know that Lukas, Ryan, Toby and Patrice have ALL been mega-catty in the past. It is a reasonable assumption that they didn't instantly STOP being so. So its just not being shown. By that token, I am sure Dilana also had some moments in the early weeks we deliberately denied.

Storm and Magni seem to be the nicest people in the house. And even Storm probably has some bite under the right circumstances. But so what? I mean if nasty little J.D. can win, apparently that's not the prime issue here with these people. And it probably shouldn't be (although I wasn't that fond of J.D.'s performance style either, in the same way I occasionally frown at Ryan's fake-@ss "I'm pretending to be a rocker" stuff).

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Nope guys...Chopper is a French bulldog....(tho they do resemble a Boston Terrier somewhat!).......and he was precious too! Makes me love Gilby even more!!!

I'm not a big Ryan fan but I loved his performance tonight (except for the stupid guitar throwing! ).....Dilana...I love you and bow to you but tonight's performance wasn't the best of your performances but I still think you kick some major booty!! Magni...I fall more and more in love with him! .......Toby.......OMG.... ........I also thought Storm was awesome..and I love her big theatrical productions...kind of Freddie Mercury-esque!

Bottom 3 for me:
    Patrice (going home)
    Lukas (quit singing to the damn band! MAJOR )
    I'm torn on this one and can't decide.....will have to think about it some more...

Gonna go vote some and maybe I can decide after that!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

oh. here's a thought. Last time Lukas sang to the band I thought he was aiming for B3 on purpose. Maybe the same thing tonight. And same for Dilana?

dunno.

Ambivalent? No I'm not. Yes... I am. No...

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    Nope guys...Chopper is a French bulldog....(tho they do resemble a Boston Terrier somewhat!).......and he was precious too! Makes me love Gilby even more!!!
    I still disagree....I own a Boston Terrier....Once upon a time, they took a French Bulldog and a White English Terrier, bred them and voila..ended up with a Boston Terrier. Must be why we disagree, they look a lot alike.

So, I'll ask again...

Does anyone know the whole story with Dilana and her Mom?

My assumption would be that this probably had to do with Dilana leaving South Africa for the Netherlands, but that's only an assumption. Has she never been back? Is there so much bad blood that they have previously not been willing to call each other? Did D-Mom move somewhere else too?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread