+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rock Star - 8/20 Live Performance Report **MAJOR SPOILERS**

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Gotta say I was looking forward to your "Grumpy" spoilers!!! You didn't disappoint.

I pretty much agree with you on everything.

I just don't see how Tommy's comment to Lukas could be taken favorably. "Check please" can only be taken dismissively as far as I'm concerned. Leave it to Lukas fans to turn that around... I was completely turned off when Lukas started turning his back to the audience - seems he would have learned something from being criticized about that the last time.

Bottom three is a very difficult call this week. Patrice should be there for sure. Toby probably is my next pick. After that, I'm just not sure. I'm thinking MAYBE Lukas, but I'm gonna reserve my final opinion until I see the telecast to see how well I can understand what he's singing.

I do think it's Patrice's week to say goodbye.

FORT Newbie
    There were others there that actually saw Tommy as he was saying check please , and he said that right after Dave said that Lukas had raised the bar again, and that Tommy was nodding and agreeing, so to me it sounds good.
    I guess we'll have to see if they show it.

Blues & LAGuy, why do you think that Lukas turns his back to the audience? It seems odd that he would do this twice if previously criticized for it.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Thanks Blue and LAGuy for the spoilers. I can't wait for tommorow's episode.

Wow, it seems like it was two weeks ago when we were at 15 rockers! It's just sunk in that the season is coming to a close.

The spoilers are always appreciated.
    Gustav Holst was right!

Not to quote The Bachelorette or anything but I remember when Trista and Ryan were out for dinner and they read the whole "if you want to forego separate rooms and stay together in the fantasy suite" card, the first thing Ryan said, with a BIG grin, was "Check, please!"

I also read that those standing near the SN pod saw Tommy say it with a smile and a nod, and they were convinced it was a favorable comment. Like, "we've found what we're looking for, we're done, check, please"

I don't really think Lukas' fans are "turning it around" - many people would think this was a favorable reply no matter who it was said to. Tommy has been the strongest Lukas supported of the 4 numskulls sitting up there, so I doubt that everyone else would have loved it and he'd have hated it.

Quote Originally Posted by daft View Post
    There were others there that actually saw Tommy as he was saying check please , and he said that right after Dave said that Lukas had raised the bar again, and that Tommy was nodding and agreeing, so to me it sounds good.
    I guess we'll have to see if they show it.
    "Check Please" has a ring of finality to it...maybe it's Tommy's short hand way of saying, "...dinner's over and we have our guy;" or, "that performance was good enough to ask for the check and everyone can leave the table." He sure is vague and open to interpretation isn't he?

Thanks LAGuy - it sounds as though your Inner Grouch was a needed companion at this week's taping. Tell you IG I appreciate him as much as I appreciate you.

ETA: Sorry Sweetpea - must have been posting at the same time - I remember that, "Check Please!"

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Sea Hag View Post
    Yay! Thanks for the update. I think my heart rate goes up just before I click on your review...exciting stuff!
    I know mine does. Its almost like Christmas morning waiting to see what Santa has brought. I always make sure I've got my latte sitting here with me so that I can enjoy your report and my latte together.

Thanks to both LAGuy and Blue Songstres for your reports. They are very much appreciated.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

Thanks to both LAGuy and Blue Songstres for your reports. They are very much appreciated.
    You guys make it just like being there - I can smell the sweat!!

Your Inner Grouch has good instints LAGuy! And he kinda liked Storm, so Woo Hoo! *grin*

Thanks to both you and Blues Songstres! Your highlights are the High Light to my day!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast