+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 8/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic
    well not surprised zayra went, but was thinking patrice and hoping ryan. seriously i just want to take my right hook and just slug him as hard as i can those ugly sunglasses fall off! get rid of that prick now!

unfortunately, we just may have now gotten ryan in the final five. i wonder who will be left out. it could be magni or lukas. patrice may have been safe this week and i agree soccermom without a doubt! she actually made it seemed like she was performing in a kool-aid commercial. but next week she is gone.

i hope storm didnt do what jordis did and start falling apart after a b3-deserving performance and not being there. jordis fell apart after that and i worry if that will happen to storm as well. please lets vote for the worst song possible for ryan to sing so we can get him in the b3 next week to prepare him to be gone in two weeks. once you're in the b3 three times you're gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    SN liked Ryan and he wasn't in the bottom three? Aren't those the first and second signs of the impending apocalypse?
    No, that would be when my husband loaded Windows on his new Mac laptop. That qualifies as first and second signs.

Thread hijack is now over.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by quentcomps View Post
    Patrice is a good performer. She's very expressive with her face. Her singing is not good, though, and probably never will be given her level of experience (if it's not good by now...).
    Huh?? The one thing Patrice has going for her is her voice. She's been one of the few, from the beginning, with the vocal chops to do this. But her weird, soccer mom image and lack of stage presence doom her.

I guess we just have very different takes on her.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

just when you escape... raisingrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Remus Lupin View Post
    It isn't possible to make Hole's songs sound worse than the originals.
    UGH! NUH-UH!!! You can make them worse than the original.... didn't YOU see Jill this season!!!!

Zayra was funny and cute and imo has a good voice, but she wasn't right for Super Nova which is why she was the one eliminated. I don't quite understand all the Ryan haters here. He's definitely intense but has a wonderful voice and his performance gave me chills ( in a good way). He deserved the ancore. He gets better each week, and while he does need to work some on his stage presence, he's definitely gotten better.

i was so glad to see zayra finally out! although i was seriously hoping that they would just send patrice packing as well.. zzzzzzzzzzzzz she so bores me with every performance.

i don't know if i liked dilana with the band or not. i really couldn't tell what the words to the song were, and i don't know if it was her diction on the words or just her voice. i enjoy dilana, but i am afraid they are starting to cram her down my throat or something and i would just rather see someone else perform really.

kudos to ryan for the encore, even if it came only because dilana sang with the band. loved it. loved loved magni's performance of creep. i won't try to compare it with lukas' mostly because it came from a different place from within him to make it his own. can't wait to see what they do next week.
    i would like to see them all do some rockin' ballads, i think that would be a great themed show and possibly could include some better songs to choose from too than what we had this week.

Was anyone else annoyed by the different production visually when Dilanna sang with the band?

Way too choppy, video-feel as compared to the normal live performances. I know it's all pre-taped and all, but didn't like the jumping around camera work...

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    It's a travesty that he has to sing tonight (third sign of the impending apocalypse), but on the other hand, I preferred Lukas' version of Creep.
    Not me. Magni's version was so far superior to Lukas' that it didn't even sound like the same song! He very nearly brought me to tears, I seriously could not look away (even with Mr. Misty calling me repeatedly).

I've been liking Magni for some time - now I have to say I'm totally in love with him. I was thinking last night if he were eliminated I don't think I'd feel compelled to watch the show anymore.

I don't think I"d particulaly like to see him with this band, but I hope he sticks around a few more weeks, and I hope he doesn't just fade away when the show is over.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Remus Lupin View Post
    Sorry, I like Magni but his version of Creep was too safe and bland. Lukas and Marty last year were much better.
    So if it isn't screamed, it's safe and bland? I thought it was very emotional and heartfelt. I have to admit, I've never heard the song before. When Lukas sang it, I couldn't understand a thing he was saying other than he was a creep and weirdo (which I kinda got a long time ago ). Magni nearly brought me to tears with his version, it was so much more believable to me than Lukas' But I think Lukas would be a better fit for this band - I think there's more substance to Magni and he deserves a better gig.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    Magni's version of Creep blew Lucas Rossi out of the water... I don't understand what you people are talking about. He absolutely killed it and showed so far superior vocal capabilities to Lucas.
    Thank you. There was so much subtlety in Magni's version. I guess subtlety doesn't play in rawk ?

+ Reply to Thread