+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 8/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Regular
    Ok, hated Magni too ..Lukas's version was much more emotional/catchy.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Can someone (hopefully someone not too sarcastic) please tell me what Z said? And what did the guys say about her when they cut her? I'll miss her. As you guys know, I really liked her. (I missed the last 15 or 20 minutes of the show...so I saw Z and Patrice perform and then had to catch up here... I can't believe I missed seeing my girl's goodbye speech. Figures...)
    "I just have to say that this has been the craziest roller coaster I've ever been [on]. It's been amazing and we all have discovered the real persons inside of us and thank you so much. You know you guys are doing such an amazing, incredible thing with this. This has never been done before and I am so proud to be part of it. No one would believe I have been here so long - not even me I thought 'are you kidding me?', but I really appreciate everything, everything. I'm gonna be sad that I'm gonna miss the party, but my heart will be will all of you (indicating SN), all of you (indicating the audience) and all of you (indicating the Rockers). Thank you. I love you all. Bye world, I'll see you soon!" The part that didn't make it to air was that she will go to see Supernova when they tour and she will be throwing them roses.

Dave: "Sorry to see you go. You know you have delivered some of the most compelling performances that this show has seen in its two seasons. Hands down. And total starpower. You're gonna do fine. You're totally compelling." The part of Dave's statement that didn't make it to air was that she should put together all of her RockStar performances and take them to a record company today and she should have a contract.

Jason: "I hate to see you go. I am one of your biggest fans, I will be one of your biggest fans, so good luck to you and thanks for sharing with everybody and showing what it could be like, you know."
    Last edited by Blues Songstres; 08-17-2006 at 01:17 AM.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    Magni's version of Creep blew Lucas Rossi out of the water... I don't understand what you people are talking about. He absolutely killed it and showed so far superior vocal capabilities to Lucas.

I think Patrice should have been sent packing though, she sucked.
    Sorry, I like Magni but his version of Creep was too safe and bland. Lukas and Marty last year were much better.

I normally don't like Patrice (or Courtney Love and Hole, for that matter) but I thought she sang really well this time and wasn't boring on stage.

Based on the 3 performances, Zayra deserved to go the most. Of course she should have been axed in week 2.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingrrrl View Post
    I think Patrice STUNK... ugh!

I love Celebrity Skin and I hoped she wouldn't murder it like Lukas already did. I was wrong. AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL!!!!! BLAGH!
    It isn't possible to make Hole's songs sound worse than the originals.

Quote Originally Posted by Lito View Post
    Iím so sick of having Dilana shoved down my throat week after week. Itís worst than last year with JD.
    I am kind of curious as to why she ended up with the "Sing with the band" award after they all dogged her lyrics on the reality show last week.

Tommy said he had forgot the lyrics already...and that was a bad thing.
    Gilby just kind of had an embarrassed laugh, and made a comment about how it was interesting, and Jason said the lyrics were cornball.

Now tonight, it is the best darn spin on their music. I just don't understand the sudden change of attitude about the lyrics. Maybe the half naked girls worshipping Dilana changed their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by tmontgomery71 View Post
    I am kind of curious as to why she ended up with the "Sing with the band" award after they all dogged her lyrics on the reality show last week.

Tommy said he had forgot the lyrics already...and that was a bad thing.
    Gilby just kind of had an embarrassed laugh, and made a comment about how it was interesting, and Jason said the lyrics were cornball.

Now tonight, it is the best darn spin on their music. I just don't understand the sudden change of attitude about the lyrics. Maybe the half naked girls worshipping Dilana changed their minds.
    This was a Supernova track with Supernova's lyrics. Each of the Rockers got to sing the song with Supernova in the studio and based on those performances, they determined that Dilana should sing it on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by JR. View Post
    I thought Dilana was great with the band, she seemed to fit right in.
    I was taping another show from 8 to 10 tonight, but I kept checking to see if the RSSN results show was on, and I never did find it. There always seemed to be some other show on. So I missed Dilana's performance with the SN guys.

Is there somwhere I can find a video clip?
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ß;-D

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres View Post
    "I just have to say that this has been the craziest roller coaster I've ever been [on]. It's been amazing and we all have discovered the real persons inside of us and thank you so much. You know you guys are doing such an amazing, incredible thing with this. This has never been done before and I am so proud to be part of it. No one would believe I have been here so long - not even me I thought 'are you kidding me?', but I really appreciate everything, everything. I'm gonna be sad that I'm gonna miss the party, but my heart will be will all of you (indicating SN), all of you (indicating the audience) and all of you (indicating the Rockers). Thank you. I love you all. Bye world, I'll see you soon!" The part that didn't make it to air was that she will go to see Supernova when they tour and she will be throwing them roses.

Dave: "Sorry to see you go. You know you have delivered some of the most compelling performances that this show has seen in its two seasons. Hands down. And total starpower. You're gonna do fine. You're totally compelling." The part of Dave's statement that didn't make it to air was that she should put together all of her RockStar performances and take them to a record company today and she should have a contract.

Jason: "I hate to see you go. I am one of your biggest fans, I will be one of your biggest fans, so good luck to you and thanks for sharing with everybody and showing what it could be like, you know."
    That's a pretty admirable job of transcription, but didn't she go on for another minute or two AFTER Jason spoke as well? I remember thinking at the time "will they have to use one of those hooked canes to get her off the stage?"

Quote Originally Posted by Remus Lupin View Post
    It isn't possible to make Hole's songs sound worse than the originals.
    You got it. Its impossible to sound WORSE than Courtney Love. Utterly impossible.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    That's a pretty admirable job of transcription, but didn't she go on for another minute or two AFTER Jason spoke as well? I remember thinking at the time "will they have to use one of those hooked canes to get her off the stage?"
    That's pretty much everything that was aired, I just didn't interject the judges comments exactly where they occurred in the flow... sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    She's shown in previous weeks with certain outfits that she's actually a decent looking woman. She adjusts her look a lot week by week, even though every look has a somewhat outrageous bent to it, usually with black and pink.

Basically, when she wears her hair up away from her face a bit, that's when you can see it. And you can tell she's actually in killer shape--flat abs and all that.
    I think she's gorgeous. It's just usually hard to see it behind the accoutrements of the persona she's chosen. She's hands-down the best performer of the group, even to the point that I wonder why she hasn't been "discovered" yet. But I wouldn't want to listen to an entire CD/evening of her singing. I'm not prepared to say it's bad, it's just not my favorite sound.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

+ Reply to Thread