+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 8/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Oops, I forgot to mention Magni. What was he thinking?

That was risky (which is noteworthy) but tough to follow after Lukas. He's walking on water right now with SN but had his performance last night sucked, I think the comments wouldn't have been so good.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

no no I cant believe Z is gonee
    I am going to miss her so much
    she is the reason why I wached the show and waited to see her evey week

Tired of Z's 'strangeness' and glad to see her go. Patrice should go next then we'll really have a contest of worth.

FORT Regular
    Bye Z, see you on Univision in the near future. Sabado Gigante would rock with her on it.

Patrice - wow! That didn't suck. Best thing she's done.

Magni - You didn't belong there.

--
    The song voting section is crap. Its basically just requesting encores or Lithium by Nirvana again.

Boring.

Very boring.

Would've preferred Patrice (and Ryan) to go home before Zayra, but it's just a matter of time for them anyway.

I wasn't impressed by Magni's Creep. Very safe and vanilla-flavoured next to Lukas'.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    It's a travesty that he has to sing tonight (third sign of the impending apocalypse), but on the other hand, I preferred Lukas' version of Creep.
    Is it just me, or is it more than a coincidence that Magni and Lukas both did songs that Lukas butchered?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres View Post
    I liked it too.
    Add me in. I thought Z did a great job. I love that she smiles when others are performing and seems to be having a great time. She puts on a show, and seems comfortable on stage. Whenever I see someone like Ryan, it looks like he has to concentrate so hard on being 'rock star' that he can barely function. I don't like him. I think he's done a few good renditions but he just seems smarmy and his songs are kind of blah.

Can someone (hopefully someone not too sarcastic) please tell me what Z said? And what did the guys say about her when they cut her? I'll miss her. As you guys know, I really liked her. (I missed the last 15 or 20 minutes of the show...so I saw Z and Patrice perform and then had to catch up here... I can't believe I missed seeing my girl's goodbye speech. Figures...)

Quote Originally Posted by Panicfc View Post
    Bye Z, see you on Univision in the near future.
    At least we'll see her on something in the future...I doubt most of these contestants will ever make it on TV again. Too boring.

Dilana was fine fronting SuperNova on that super cheesy pop song. (And she looked super pretty, too.)

Why does a singer have to crush it? That song barely warranted a puree! Those dancers that came out...Tommy made a point of plugging their establishment. Was it a strip joint? Oh, I'm sorry...I meant gentlemen's club. I ask 'cause when he mentioned the name and the camera panned over to the contestants, Storm and someone else (Patrice?) were kind of half heartedly clapping, like, "Oh brother."

Patrice - wow! That didn't suck. Best thing she's done.

Magni - You didn't belong there.
    I can't believe Magni was in the bottom 3. He's my favorite to win this thing. I would've loved to have heard him sing "Creep."

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    Zayra is up and down like a rollercoaster but she is more entertaining to watch than Patrice. I thought it should've been Patrice's night to go. I like Patrice but in a coffee house setting/ chill way. SN needs someone with charisma and spark- something that Z has a bit more of.
    I completely agree. Z has a lot of fire to her and even if no one else believes in her, she believes in herself. I felt bad for Patrice, 'cause she just looks more and more sad and desperate each week.

I was actually really disappointed with Patrice's performance--she exhibited no energy at all. But once I saw her climb up to the SuperNova pod, I knew they wouldn't cut her. They looked almost embarrassed like, "Crap, she's working us here. We can't cut her this week."

I forgot to say: That Supernova track, I won't buy the album based on that 1980's formula. Bored me to wash dishes.
    (except for the wash dishes part )
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 08-16-2006 at 11:54 PM.

FORT Regular
    Ok, us poor saps on the west coast are just now getting to see this..

and OH MY FREAKING GOD WHAT WAS THAT ..would be my first reaction to what Zayra just ..sang?

Can we please just end this and send her home!

FORT Regular
    I forgot to say: That Supernova track, I won't buy the album based on that 1980's formula. Bored me to wash dishes.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal View Post
    I am so in the minority in liking Ryan's song.
    You, me, Supernova, the studio audience......

I don't let his ever present brooding expression annoy me.

We'll see what happens when he tries to do faster songs again. Will he return to mediocrity?

the rest-

Zayra: thanks for reminding "most" of us that you can't sing anything remotely associated with the rock music genre. I'd rather listen to Beethoven with my eyes pried open and watch Nazi films...
    By far the most awful thing to screetch out of her mouth all season.

What a shame - Patrice was NOT very effective in grunge mode. Only two more songs from her..........

Magni flopping on the ground and singing on his back was a head scratcher, but he recovered well sitting cross-legged.
    Last edited by SQUATMAN; 08-16-2006 at 11:49 PM.

+ Reply to Thread