+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

JR.
    Ryan = zzzzzzz He needs to go, even before Patrice.

Damn, I think our chance to get Ryan booted has come and gone...
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Zayra's song mostly deserved criticism because it was as far from the purpose of this show as you can get. Storm's song deserved criticism, because she did nothing with that song, and in fact probably made some bizarre decisions on how to perform it.

Z has better reasons to be kicked off tomorrow. But tonight Storm deserved more words of criticism, since it more accurately reflects the difference between what she CAN do and what she actually did.

But we all know it was a fluke. Storm is about 10 time more talented than Zayra at her very best. And Storm can do Rock. Z can't. Ever.
    Storm deserves criticism for that arrangement about as much as Chris did on AI (sorry for the comparison... ), as that was, I believe, very very close to the Cake arrangement. But what more can you do to rock "I Will Survive"?? Blech.

HATE the ShoeBomber's performance. Never a fan, but he's ruining my Phil Collins, dammit!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Man, I've been looking forward all day to the show tonight and Im really not liking it very much. Ryan is just doing a totally crap job with this song and he really needs another look then "the glare"

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by iced_spice View Post
    Yeah, and I think she knows that. I think that's why she fought so hard for the chance to do her original tonight-- so she'd have a chance to sing her music in her own language. Probably so she *would* get a record deal someplace else.

Seriously wrong for SN, we've all known that all along. But she *can sing*, and she *can write songs*, she's not just a joke. I've been hoping to hear her in Spanish the whole time because I had a suspicion that the language barrier was a fair part of why she mangled so many of the songs she was given.

Her original definitely sold *me*-- I don't speak Spanish and have no clue what she said. But I loved it, and I'll download it and buy her album if she puts one out.
    She has had one out for several years called "Ruleta". The song she did tonight is on that CD.

And that is the best song of the night???? Ryan???? ello, I feel like I'm on another show watching something they aren't!

The guys liked Ryan? Couldn't stand him! He looked like he was in pain the entire time he was singing.

"It's a dog eat dog world out there and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear." - Norm from Cheers

JR.
    Somewhere, Phil Collins is vomiting.

Sn must still be drunk from the Vegas trip.

I think I read on here that Star is his middle name, named so by his older siblings.

"In The Air Tonight" is one of my favorite songs ~ helped me get past a veddy bad boyfriend. It is hard to imagine anyone else sing it but Phil, but it really wasn't that bad. At first I wasn't sure, but liked it midway through the end.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Ryan looked totally enthused when he said he wanted the job. Not a bad job, though.
    Gustav Holst was right!

+ Reply to Thread