+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Good one Toby. Its a tough tough song to sing (or play, as Gilby just pointed out).

Lukas and Magni got the audience behind them much more, but that was still worth attention.

Hee. Bongos. Is that like this week's megaphone?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I'm really not enjoying Toby, and what's more, I'm not liking the house band's arrangement . For the first time ever.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I loved it!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

LOL at the @$$ shot for the ladies and guy's guys!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Toby just bored me.

I hate Phil Collins, I hate this song, and can't stand Ryan. Very pretentious and depressing performances.

"It's a dog eat dog world out there and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear." - Norm from Cheers

Ryan really needs to be auditioning for musical theatre.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Sure, it could be. But its a niche that should lead her right off THIS stage. Onto a plane. One not going to the Hard Rock Cafe next New Year's.
    Yeah, and I think she knows that. I think that's why she fought so hard for the chance to do her original tonight-- so she'd have a chance to sing her music in her own language. Probably so she *would* get a record deal someplace else.

Seriously wrong for SN, we've all known that all along. But she *can sing*, and she *can write songs*, she's not just a joke. I've been hoping to hear her in Spanish the whole time because I had a suspicion that the language barrier was a fair part of why she mangled so many of the songs she was given.

Her original definitely sold *me*-- I don't speak Spanish and have no clue what she said. But I loved it, and I'll download it and buy her album if she puts one out.

Quote Originally Posted by JR. View Post
    I'm here Unk, just a little late. Thanks for keeping it warm for me
    Damn, busted. I hate when that happens.
    I thought Toby did okay. I'm not digging this at all. I love this Phil Collins song, but this sucks.

Paging Phil Collins. Paging Phil Collins! There's someone you have to slap on the screen right now. He's a bit greasy, wearing a weird coat with lots of buttons on it, and has a stupid made-up last name.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread