+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Pat, Ryan and Toby at the bottom for me with Pat running out the door quickly.

Sorry Broadway, I would lend my vote, but I think Stormy may even need this couch potato to finally vote.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Regular
    Not feeling Toby. For one thing, he got the words wrong. "Eagle flew out OF the night", not "...TO the night". Don't like he way he sorta popped it up and made it sound cheery. But Gabriel is my favorite musician of all time, with the possible exception of Rush, so... still, I didn't like his arrangement much.

Poor Storm. I love her. But I completely agreed with SN-- that was pretty bad for Storm. Did she mean to sound like "drunken woman sings Gloria Gaynor"? I'm confused by that arrangement. Still, she's so awesome, even if she's in the B3, she won't stay there. I absolutely agree that this is Zayra's time to go-- she's fun, but she's not a real contender for this job. Storm is.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    Sorry Broadway, I would lend my vote, but I think Stormy may even need this couch potato to finally vote.
    *sniff* You can do both!!!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I wish I could see what everyone else sees in Storm. I just don't get into her at all. Not even just tonight, but even when she's at her best. I believe she really is probably good, I just don't personally see it. And I sort of wish I could.

For once, I really liked Dilana's performance. I wasn't too big of a fan of her gravely pack-per-day rasp she was using during previous weeks, and so I'm happy I didn't ignore the TV when she came on.
    Gustav Holst was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
    I wish I could see what everyone else sees in Storm. I just don't get into her at all. Not even just tonight, but even when she's at her best. I believe she really is probably good, I just don't personally see it. And I sort of wish I could.
    You're not alone. I loved Anything, Anything, but otherwise, meh. She's just kind of run of the mill to me.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Crap song choice tonight, except for Starman and the Peter Gabriel song. Lame, too, that it seems a few people used the excuse that they were recovering from Vegas. Toby seemed just on the edge of doing really well with it--at one point he started to clap, but a true rock star would have led the crowd with it. A lot of these people need a bit more charisma and swagger, probably what Lukas has going for him.

Quote Originally Posted by haejin View Post
    For once, I really liked Dilana's performance. I wasn't too big of a fan of her gravely pack-per-day rasp she was using during previous weeks, and so I'm happy I didn't ignore the TV when she came on.
    I don't understand all of the Dilana love. Her range is horrible. It's practically a monotone and she is a total freak in appearance.

I usually like Storm, but she was beyond awful tonight.

FORT Regular
    WOW Ryan! I guess I'm one of the minority again, huh? I loved it. Like I said, I'm a huge Gabriel/Genesis fan, and "In the Air Tonight" is, while Phil-solo, very much in the spirit of Genesis. I feel like Ryan nailed it. Sadly, that plus his recent performances means he's really not roit for SN. He needs to be doing prog-rock or art rock, that theatrical intensity is wasted on SN-style party rawk.

Dilana-- AWESOME!!! And just when I was starting to feel a bit tired of her, too. That's a hard song to do well, but she did a fantastic job.

I'm seeing Magni, Storm, and Dilana as the real contenders here.

+ Reply to Thread