+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rock Star Finale Date Announced

Rock Star Finale Date Announced

CBS'S TWO SUMMER REALITY SERIES COME TO THEIR UNPREDICTABLE CONCLUSIONS ON TWO CONSECUTIVE NIGHTS IN SEPTEMBER, ON THE SEASON THE FINALES OF "BIG BROTHER: ALL-STARS" AND "ROCK STAR: SUPERNOVA"

The Winner of "Big Brother: All-Stars" to be Revealed Live Tuesday, Sept. 12, 8:00-9:00 PM

Tommy Lee, Gilby Clarke and Jason Newsted Choose the Lead Singer of Their New Band On "Rock Star: Supernova," Wednesday, Sept. 13, 8:00-9:00 PM

CBS's two summer reality series come to their unpredictable conclusions on two consecutive nights in September with the season finales of BIG BROTHER: ALL-STARS and ROCK STAR: SUPERNOVA.

The winner of BIG BROTHER: ALL-STARS will be revealed live on Tuesday, Sept. 12 (live, 8:00-9:00 PM, ET/delayed PT) when a jury of evicted Houseguests vote for whom, among the final two all-stars, should be rewarded with the $500,000 grand prize. The BIG BROTHER: ALL-STARS finale will be followed by the penultimate episode of ROCK STAR: SUPERNOVA.

The Thursday edition of BIG BROTHER: ALL-STARS has won its time period in viewers and key young demographics every week this summer, while the Tuesday and Sunday editions have been strong time period performers, posting consistent gains since their premieres.

BIG BROTHER 7: ALL-STARS is produced by Endemol U.S.A. Inc. in association with Allison Grodner Productions and Arnold Shapiro Productions. Academy Award and Emmy Award winner Arnold Shapiro, Emmy Award winner Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan are executive producers.

Tommy Lee, Gilby Clarke and Jason Newsted choose the lead singer of their new rock band on the season finale of ROCK STAR: SUPERNOVA, Wednesday, Sept. 13 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT).

The winner will record an original CD with Supernova, to be co-written and produced by Butch Wagner (hit songwriter/producer for Avril Lavigne and Pink), that will be released in the fall before the band embarks on a world tour in early 2007.

This season's edition of ROCK STAR is averaging 5.73 million viewers, up +4% from last year, and has been a strong demographic performer in both its Tuesday and Wednesday time periods.

ROCK STAR: SUPERNOVA is produced by Mark Burnett Productions. Mark Burnett, David Goffin, Lisa Hennessy, Dave Navarro, Tommy Lee and Carl Stubner are executive producers. Conrad Riggs and Eden Gaha are co-executive producers.

Link

The winner will record an original CD with Supernova, to be co-written and produced by Butch Wagner (hit songwriter/producer for Avril Lavigne and Pink), that will be released in the fall before the band embarks on a world tour in early 2007.

Probably does not mean anything, but interesting that the songwriter for Supervnova writes for females.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Was Butch a behind the scenes partner on Rock Star INXS? Suzie McNeil is touring with Pink now. I wonder if he helped set that up.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

There's no such person as "Butch Wagner". Some idiot junior PR geekoid has apparently written several press releases identifying Butch Walker by that name. I cited an example before, but apparently it wasn't from a FORT friendly site.

Here's the info on Butch Walker: http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg...0djvw9ta9uk~T1
    Biography

After a brief taste of major-label success with his former band Marvelous 3 during the late '90s, Butch Walker traded his bandmates for a solo career and made his second bid for rock & roll success in the early 2000s, doing a lot of production work on the side.

The singer/songwriter/guitarist/producer's three-album run with Marvelous 3 peaked in 1998 when the song "Freak of the Week" became a sizable hit. However, the band didn't last long, recording only two albums for Elektra before Walker grew frustrated with the label. He broke up his band and spent a year producing albums for such bands as Injected and SR-71. This production work increased his reputation within the industry, and he quickly signed a solo contract with Arista, resulting in his solo debut album, Left of Self Centered (2002), and single, "My Way." Much like his work with Marvelous 3, Walker's solo work embodied his anti-conformist attitude and playful rock & roll swagger. Unfortunately, neither that album or the excellent follow-up, 2004's Letters, caught on with the public.

Walker increasingly turned to production work, and over the next two years, he helmed and played on records by big-name artists like Avril Lavigne (Under My Skin), Pink (I'm Not Dead), and Tommy Lee (Tommyland: The Ride) as well as pop stars like Lindsay Lohan (A Little More Personal [Raw]). The experience brought him credibility as a music business player and also informed his next solo album, 2006's The Rise and Fall of Butch Walker and the Let's-Go-Out-Tonites. The album tells tales of drugged-out starlets, struggling wannabes, late nights, and wild parties in L.A. and was Walker's most fully realized album to date.
    So he doesn't only write for females, he also writes for Tommy Lee.
    Last edited by Krom; 08-15-2006 at 03:39 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Obviously misinformation (this came from CBS) is common in these press releases as evidenced by this disclaimer.

The above press release was issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.
    I find it interesting that this edition of Rock Star (Supernova) is up 4% ratings-wise from last year's Rock Star (INXS) show. Haven't a lot of people been grumbling about this year's show relative to last season?

FORT Newbie
    No kidding. There was more to love last season.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by coolmite View Post
    No kidding. There was more to love last season.
    I think it's shaping up nicely and I'm enjoying it even more than last year.

+ Reply to Thread