+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rock Star - 8/13 Live Performance Report **MAJOR SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Juls2 View Post
    Thanks LAGuy and Blues ... I live for your recaps ... thanks so much ...

I guess I don't hate Cats in the Cradle as much as the rest of you because I grew up in the same town as Harry Chapin and he was an absolutely incredible human being and activist ... fighting to make sure children didn't go hungry. The very last time I saw him, was at a Bruce Springsteen concert. We were both leaning up against the stage (back in the days they allowed you to do that) and he had his little boy on his shoulders and told me he wanted his son to know what rock 'n roll was all about .... RIP Harry ... and I'm glad Dilana did you justice!
    Harry Chapin is probably my all time favorite singer / songwriter. I'm withholding judgment on whether or not Dilana does Cat's in the Cradle justice, because I just don't like her voice.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Newbie
    Thanks for the recaps everybody, we are still 2 days away from getting the show.

Why do they pick on selection when there is hardly any choice? Does anyone know why we havent seen any MC, Gnf'nR, or Metallica songs?????

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redondo View Post
    Why do they pick on selection when there is hardly any choice? Does anyone know why we havent seen any MC, Gnf'nR, or Metallica songs?????
    I dout Axl Rose would give permission to use vintage Guns 'n Roses... Not sure how it works and who owns the rights to the songs, but Jason and Gilby aren't the primary songwriters in their respective bands. Not sure if Tommy co-wrote/wrote any of the MC songs...

Thanks so much guys for the spoilers!

Reality junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Panicfc View Post
    Great recap and thanks for it.

I won't vote for Storm. I'd rather her see her get a shot at a awesome elimination performance. Just bang cats and tear up the stage.
    Yeah, that's a good point. We always try to vote for the person we think did the best job, but I know my gut reaction when I read this was "hmm, if Storm did 'ok' we better vote for her" - falling into the trap of fandom.

Thanks for the realitic check - we'll vote for the person most deserving!

And thanks again LAGuy - your precaps are excellent. And Blues Songstres, your back up comments are helpful too.
    Are you a parent or teacher wanting to know more about computer and video games? Take a look at GAMEparents.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres View Post
    At least you were in a thicket of SOMEBODY's fans. I was surrounded by crickets.

Thanks again to LAGuy and Blue Songstress for your great recaps and comments! I love them!

In fairness, when Jordis got the boot there weren't any really weak people left. I think these judges are dumb sometimes, but I can't see them booting Storm over Patrice or Zayra or Ryan. Ryan has come on strong so he may out last Storm, but Storm has been pretty consistant thru out, so unless there are personal issues, I can't see them booting Storm.

LOL, that could spell her doom tho.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

With Jordis, I think that she was ready to go. She just lost her fight to win the competition, even though the guys seemed to really like her.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    I don't really think Storm is in any danger of going anywhere yet, especially with Patrice and Zayra still in the picture. Everyone's entitled to an "off" week - and most everybody has had them. Lukas with "Celebrity Skin", Ryan with everything before "Losing My Religion", Magni's first performance which was so unmemorable I can't tell you what it was, Patrice with just about everything and Zayra (do I have to name one?). Dilana is the only one in my eyes who hasn't had an "off" performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Harry Chapin is probably my all time favorite singer / songwriter. I'm withholding judgment on whether or not Dilana does Cat's in the Cradle justice, because I just don't like her voice.
    If you don't like her voice to that extent, then I doubt there's anything she can sing that's going to significantly change your mind. She's just not your taste, I get that.

Its kind of the same way I think that Patrice's singing is flat out boring no matter what she does. Patrice has the basic skills, but whatever it is which makes me enjoy someone's voice just isn't present in her.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast