+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rock Star - 8/13 Live Performance Report **MAJOR SPOILERS**

Thanks LAGuy. I'm glad Toby had a good night (although I personally have no desire to see him nekkid ) because I do love that Peter Gabriel song, and I'm really glad Dilana managed the Harry Chapin so well. Very much looking forward to hearing Zayra's original song too. Thanks for the recap, and for your comments as well, Blues Songstress.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Thanks LAGuy and Blues ... I live for your recaps ... thanks so much ...

I guess I don't hate Cats in the Cradle as much as the rest of you because I grew up in the same town as Harry Chapin and he was an absolutely incredible human being and activist ... fighting to make sure children didn't go hungry. The very last time I saw him, was at a Bruce Springsteen concert. We were both leaning up against the stage (back in the days they allowed you to do that) and he had his little boy on his shoulders and told me he wanted his son to know what rock 'n roll was all about .... RIP Harry ... and I'm glad Dilana did you justice!

FORT Fanatic
    Hey, when you were there Live, who did you believe the audience's favorite was?

Great recap LAGuy. Your observations and insights bring HD to my blurry little tv.

LAGuy said:
    I'm an old Bowie fan from WAY back.
    I may be a day older or younger than you. I was a T.Rex fan when Ziggy came out but quickly dropped Marc Bolan into the glittery rubbish when Aladdin Sane was released.

Thank you for sharing your memory of Harry with us Juls2.

Quote Originally Posted by Juls2 View Post
    I guess I don't hate Cats in the Cradle as much as the rest of you because I grew up in the same town as Harry Chapin and he was an absolutely incredible human being and activist ... fighting to make sure children didn't go hungry. The very last time I saw him, was at a Bruce Springsteen concert. We were both leaning up against the stage (back in the days they allowed you to do that) and he had his little boy on his shoulders and told me he wanted his son to know what rock 'n roll was all about .... RIP Harry ... and I'm glad Dilana did you justice!
    Thanks for sharing. He was a great man and sorely missed by me at least. His songs speak of real life and of real working class people. I felt like I knew some of those people he sang about.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Please don't get me wrong! I love Harry Chapin! And "Cat's In The Cradle". I was personally hoping it wouldn't get destroyed by someone, and I thought Dilana was the ONE who could pull it off. And I thought she did.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmqn View Post
    I thought it was between Ryan and Dilana. LAGuy???

Quote Originally Posted by Charmqn View Post
    It was a much more subdued audience than usual, and not all of that can be attributed to the acoustic nature of this week's show. There seemed to be a higher than normal percentage of both "First Timers" and "Guest Listers". Members of those groups tend to be a bit more reserved than us "Frequent Attendees", at least initially.

That said, I agree that Dilana probably got the biggest overall response. However, I was standing in a thicket comprised of both Ryan and Lukas fans, and practically went deaf from the screams following their performances.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy View Post
    However, I was standing in a thicket comprised of both Ryan and Lukas fans, and practically went deaf from the screams following their performances.
    At least you were in a thicket of SOMEBODY's fans. I was surrounded by crickets.

Juls, you have me singing his song right now. I love that song, and my hubby will tell you that I sing it to him when sometimes he forgets what is important in life. He's a good sport and tells me that he got the message.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast