+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rock Star - Elimination Show Report - 8/9/06 *TEASERS*

Rock Star - Elimination Show Report - 8/9/06 *TEASERS*

After a Live Performance Show as good as the one we just had, what do you for an encore? Or, should I say, two encores?

Yes, that’s right: Two. But I’m getting ahead of myself again….

The usual recap of last night’s performances was followed by some feisty “Back at the Mansion” footage, showing Jill and Storm going at it over the whole Gilby/Song Selection issue. (Watch for a funny shot of Toby in the clip, too.) Dave then questions Storm some more about one of the comments she made, and Storm, for once, is stumped for an answer. Gilby also chimes in, before asking Jill why she didn’t take the song herself. Jill replies that she feels she’s already “had her turn.”

More Q&A follows (Tommy/Ryan and Jason/Josh). In the best exchange, Tommy asks Ryan “Where did all that come from?” After Ryan’s response, however, Tommy admits that there were parts of the performance that reminded him of Will Farrell on SNL, minus the cowbell.

Jason announces that, due to the high quality of the performances last night, the Band has decided on two encores. Each of the chosen Rockers then takes their turn – with one of them changing things up significantly.

On to the Bottom 3.

Once again, there was no announcement of the Early Voting Results Bottom 3 – just the 5 Rockers who hit the B3 at some point in the worldwide vote. And, as has been the case so far this season, the Final Bottom 3 did NOT end up the same as you saw on TV last night. (Props to Brooke for pulling off another great fake-out this week when announcing the results!)

The songs performed by the Bottom 3 were:

Respect, Aretha Franklin
    Shooting Star, Bad Company
    Enjoy the Silence, Depeche Mode

It was a trio of good, solid performances – making it hard to guess the final outcome. Supernova deliberated for about 25 minutes before returning to their Pod. Gilby, in his usual recounting of each Rockers’ pluses and minuses, even said that "the Band never agrees". But the Hatchet Man still had a job to do. The Tommyhawk fell, and it was sharp tonight.

Talk about good timing in coming into this thread right now! Thank you for the teaser LAGuy!

Hmm, two encores ~ I always thought it would either be Magni or Lukas, so I am guessing those two then.

Hatchet falls hard?!!!
    Last edited by BlondieGal; 08-09-2006 at 03:19 PM.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

More Q&A follows (Tommy/Ryan and Jason/Josh). In the best exchange, Tommy asks Ryan “Where did all that come from?” After Ryan’s response, however, Tommy admits that there were parts of the performance that reminded him of Will Farrell on SNL, minus the cowbell.
    Oh, please let that quote make it to the broadcast. Now I almost like Tommy.

Two encores, eh? Interesting...I wouldn't have given it to anyone but Lukas.

Very curious bottom 3 song choices (Bad Company!?!?!). BTW, I don't know if this was a blip in the Canadian broadcast, or maybe my tape just ran out - can anyone tell me who was in the bottom 3 on the performance show?

Thanks for the heads-up on tonight's show, LA Guy.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    prediction:

encore:
    Lukas & Magni w/ the house band

Respect, Aretha Franklin - Patrice (sounds like a Jill song)
    Shooting Star, Bad Company - Josh
    Enjoy the Silence, Depeche Mode - Zayra

axed:
    hmmm, "sharp" leads me away from Zayra...
    I'll go with Zayra
    Last edited by SQUATMAN; 08-09-2006 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Very curious bottom 3 song choices (Bad Company!?!?!). BTW, I don't know if this was a blip in the Canadian broadcast, or maybe my tape just ran out - can anyone tell me who was in the bottom 3 on the performance show?

Thanks for the heads-up on tonight's show, LA Guy.
    What showed up in Toronto was Zayda , Patrice and Jill. I was a little surprised by Jill because, while I really don't like her style, I thought she did a good job last night (or, as I said to Mr. Rattus "huh, she didn't make me want to hurl something at this television this evening").
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Rattus - that's why I think Jill was in the bottom 3 last night when the show ended. I think she's just turned too many people off of her with her screeching, and her antics... I know that I for one wouldn't have rewarded her for her performance last night - one good performance doesn't mean that she's 'consistent'... just my 2 cents.

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

Mellon, you are right about that. But there are several people I wouldn't mind seeing the back of, so last night it would have been Ryan's turn *shudder*. And Zayda. And yeah, okay, Jill .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Thanks LAGuy! I'm guessing Magni and Lukas got the double encores. Can't wait!

Encores could be Storm, Magni, Dilana, Lukas OR even Toby, minus the silly megaphone. Heck, even Jill kicked butt. I can't even call this one. Lukas seems to be inevitable, but the OTHER slot isn't.

My usual guesses on who sung what:

--Respect, Aretha Franklin - definitely either Jill or Patrice. I suppose Ryan or Josh could do this too, but its so unlikely.
    --Shooting Star, Bad Company - Gah. I hardly remember this. But the lyrics suggest Josh. Actually, the audio clip here reminds me of the song... "Don't you know that you ARE a shooooting star....". It makes me wonder if Zayra might attempt to bend this to her bizarre style. I recall it now as somewhat mellow classic rock.
    --Enjoy the Silence, Depeche Mode - This is SO Zarya, but I imagine Patrice COULD do it. Very differently from Z of course.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    --Enjoy the Silence, Depeche Mode - This is SO Zarya, but I imagine Patrice COULD do it. Very differently from Z of course.
    Actually, I think that Jill might perform this. She did go the alterative route before with "Bring me back to Life" by Evanescence.

I don't think that Zayra is in the final bottom three. Since it was said that "the band never agrees," I think that all of them would agree to get rid of Zayra if she appears in the bottom three again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast