+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rock Star - Elimination Show Report - 8/9/06 *TEASERS*

WOW!! TWO ENCORES?!?

I'd say Lukas for sure... then maybe Josh....

THANKS LAGuy!!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    I would say that this show is a must see.

FORT Newbie
    I'd have to agree one of the encores is probably Lukas, as much as that distresses me, and I figure he's probably the one who changes things up. I really can't stand him, but his performance last night was certainly his best since the first week and the way SN embraced it leaves no doubt that he will be one of the chosen tonight.

I could maybe see Dilana getting the second encore, but there were several great performances last night and it could very well be Magni. And while I'm probably alone in thinking Ryan did a fantastic job last night, I doubt he would get the encore two weeks in a row.

I think last night's show separated the contenders from the pretenders, with Dilana and Lukas now neck-and-neck, while Magni is close behind and Ryan is closing fast.

As for a prediction on who might go home tonight, I think LAGuy's comment that the Tommyhawk falls sharp tonight is an indication that one of the true contenders is going home, ruling out Zayra, Josh or Jill. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it will be Storm singing her swansong tonight. She's good, but to repeat the catch-phrase from last year's show, she's just not right for this band.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by evilbilly View Post
    As for a prediction on who might go home tonight, I think LAGuy's comment that the Tommyhawk falls sharp tonight is an indication that one of the true contenders is going home, ruling out Zayra, Josh or Jill. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it will be Storm singing her swansong tonight. She's good, but to repeat the catch-phrase from last year's show, she's just not right for this band.
    That makes no sense. Storm is eye-candy, and she's a good performer. Will she win? I don't know. I had a dream last night that they axed Patrice and that Jason stood up and told all of the remaining rockers that they have to step up their games now, because they just got rid of the best songwriter and pure singer in the bunch. Substance will also have to count for something from here on in.

Ax falling sharply makes me think Patrice first, then Jill second. Dang LAGuy, you are such a tease!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by coolmite View Post
    That makes no sense.
    Well, that's why I said I was going out on a limb. Maybe I'm reading too much into the "sharp" comment, but I'm thinking it would have to be a cut that is somehow deeper, more shocking, and Storm would seem to be the one person who is truly good enough, but just not quite right.

Assuming I'm wrong, though, I would then have to go with Patrice or Josh.

Okay, now ax falling sharply means to me that they were pissed at whoever they sent home. Pretty vicious and definitive sendoff. And, with the following comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    Jill replies that she feels she’s already “had her turn.”
    I'm willing to bet that it's Jill finally going home tonight.

How in the heck did the band react to that comment? She's had her turn? For the love of God, she's competing for a chance to front this band day in and day out, AND she tanked her first opportunity. She, more than anyone, should be kicking and screaming for the chance to front one of the guys just so she can try to redeem herself! What a freaking moron. If the guys let her slide on that comment, then I'm amazed or they felt it just wasn't worth the continuing effort. Which reinforces my opinion that she's the one to go.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I am hoping for a double elimination, that would be a shocker

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    I'm willing to bet that it's Jill finally going home tonight.
    I would have to concur with my buddy (and my verbal sparring partner ) on this. Jill's going home. See ya!

Ryan and Josh should go if there is a double elimination

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast