+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 8/08 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN View Post

Lukas makes one snarky comment after week one and he gets a life sentence from some of you. Give TrollBoy a break.

He was right. Some of them don't belong there. Zayra heads the list. Followed by Chris, Jenny.....Matt and Phil ..... Dana and Josh. Haven't we slammed every one of them, too? I know I have.

So Lukas was just being honest, to their faces. In my book, that doesn't make him a bad guy for life. Mean? Maybe. As it turns out, he really isn't all that tough and nasty.
    COuldn't agree more. I much prefer him being who he is than putting on a facade, pretending to be there to be everbody's friend and kiss ass the entire time. He's truthful and honest and not afraid to voice his opinion and I see nothing wrong with that. As a matter of fact, it is his fearless forewordness (along with his great talent) that put me in his camp to begin with.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 08-09-2006 at 12:24 PM.

I guess I admire people who can be honest without being abrasive. Dilana seems to be a good contrast to Lukas in that respect. She's got enough confidence in herself not to have to make other people feel badly about themselves. I really respect someone who don't hide behind a sullen sneer to hide their own insecurities.

It is possible to be genuine and kind. I admire some of Lukas's performance skills, but wouldn't want to spend a whole evening watching him.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    Dilana's vocals really reminded me of Janice Joplin last night... anyone else hear a resemblance?
    Totally agree and would love to hear her sing "Cry Baby", "Piece of My Heart" and "Summertime" ... she's Janis reincarnated and she needs to sing that bluesy, soulsy stuff ... it would be awesome!

FORT Fan
    I'm not sure who will get the encore tonight. However, I know that the performances from last night that have stayed with me (in a positive way) the most are Lukas and Magni. So either of those 2 are the ones I would most like to see again. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paulvons View Post
    I'm not sure who will get the encore tonight. However, I know that the performances from last night that have stayed with me (in a positive way) the most are Lukas and Magni. So either of those 2 are the ones I would most like to see again. Thanks
    Actually they both deserve encores ... would be cool to see them both given encores ...

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN View Post
    Soccer Mom ?
    Suburban housewife is what you're saying.

If that was true, I'd move to the suburbs....

Instant Karma is a great rock anthem song which begs to be sung hard, belted out with strong, soaring, impassioned vocals.

I have listened to Patrice's performances a lot on MP3, and love the intensity and power she can bring, but I was very dissappointed last night. Patrice did a lounge singer overaffected styling with the vocals that made it hard to listen to. Maybe she thought she had to change it up from her past performances.

I'm siding with Supernova and give Ryan a big thumbs up, goofy antics and all. His vocals were great, even if someone rode their Schwinn across his face.

Lukas makes one snarky comment after week one and he gets a life sentence from some of you. Give TrollBoy a break.

He was right. Some of them don't belong there. Zayra heads the list. Followed by Chris, Jenny.....Matt and Phil ..... Dana and Josh. Haven't we slammed every one of them, too? I know I have.

So Lukas was just being honest, to their faces. In my book, that doesn't make him a bad guy for life. Mean? Maybe. As it turns out, he really isn't all that tough and nasty.
    I don't detest Lukas for the snarky bully that he was in week 1. It is because I can't understand a damn word he is singing.

That's why I gave him props for last night. I could understand MOST of what he was singing and didn't detest his performance. I think many of us anti-Lukasers dislike his garbeled singing more than his attitude. But the two together becomes the whole package. LOL
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Dilana is a very good singer but I don't like her voice. Do not feel she would the right choice for Supernova.

I really like Josh, he's my favorite. He has a really good voice, I like his singing.

Zayra, not good at all. Amazing she could last this long.

FORT Newbie

Thoughts on Patrice and why she should go home...

I've been a Patrice fan since I heard her do "Somebody to Love." Her voice is arguably--and I say arguably--the best out of all of the competition. It's definitely the most versatile. Go to her web site and listen to the quality of songs she's put out. Not a bad one in the bunch.

Her problem, as it were, is two-fold. One, she's a neo-hippie-rock chick. She doesn't have to take a dump on stage to get peoples' attention (Maybe that's a bit drastic on my part, but Zayra is still in the competition). She's not a gutter rock frontman, like an Axl Rose (back in the day), or a Steven Tyler. I get the feeling she thinks that's beneath her.

It isn't her voice or songwriting skills that are killing her (Listen to the lyrics she put to that Supernova song in the webisode and tell me that anyone else's song even came close); it's her stage performance. She doesn't swagger, she doesn't coo, she doesn't play to the audience. That's a problem.

Secondly, and I think this is a big part of it. Methinks she has an off-putting personality. I think she'd like to kick the crap out of Dave Navarro and Supernova (and with her martial arts background, she probably could) for laying into her the way they have. They never show her interacting with anyone else, probably because she's a bit introverted, and, oh, 10 years older than most of these competitors.

Neither of these are reasons she should be kicked off tonight. This is my reason: she has nothing to gain by moving on in the competition. SN obviously isn't going to choose her. If she keeps surviving the bottom three, like Suzie McNeil did, someone is going to look bad for not keeping a more outrageous personality, even if they're not a better singer. She made it to the Top Ten. She's getting national pub. Her mission is accomplished.

Let the reality show have Dilana, Lukas, Storm and Zayra. They are more interesting personalities (or trainwrecks, depending on your point of view).

No predictions. I'm going to sit back and enjoy watching the wheels fall off this show. Then I'll buy Patrice's next album.

Welcome to the FORT Coolmite! I think you are spot on about Patrice.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

+ Reply to Thread