+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 8/08 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

just when you escape... raisingrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mickmm View Post
    am i the only one in this thread who like zayra? just because she isn't right for this band doesn't mean i don't enjoy seeing what she's going to do. some of the others (ryan, jill) are so boring they need a little spark like zayra to liven things up...
    For me, Zayra makes my ears bleed. I will agree with you that she changes it up, but.... ugh.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingrrrl View Post
    What an amazing show... I figure probably this has all been said already, but I have to give my 2 cents...

Bobblehead Phil is dead and has been reincarnated as Bobblehead Josh. God, was that ever annoying.

Zayra will stay in for at least another 2 weeks -- the boys in the band love her.

Dilana, Magni or Lukas will get the encore and deserve it.

Patrice is not right for Supernova -- she looks like a schoolteacher to me (and I'm not being insulting to teachers because I am one myself) and she sounds too... blah -- that is why she is always in the bottom 3 and has a good chance to be sent home this week.

Storm is hot. She oozes sexuality, and that comes through the TV. She rocked tonight too.

I don't get the Ryan love. To me, he's boring. But, tonight, he rocked.

Toby owned. Period. If it was up to me, I'd give him the encore. See above.

However, I think it's time for Jill to go home... she knows it and so do the guys.

On a side note... Jill did an OK job on Mother, Mother -- that is what the song sounds like, I was impressed that she didn't screw it up totally.
    hey, i agree with practically everything you said! cept i liked josh tonight, and kinda always, but just not enough to care if he stays or goes, you know?

but i totally do not get the ryan thing - he is so unimpressive, and i compare patrice to a soccer mom, which is a stone's throw from a schoolteacher, if you know what i mean...

zayra, i dig, for her individuality, her doing her own thing regardless. not right for these guys but it makes me like them more that they tolerate, and actually like, her.

I haven't watched this religiously this year, but I caught tonight. It still gives me flashbacks to last year when every other song is a repeat (some better some worse) of INXS. I think that Dave might have liked the megaphone from Toby more if JD hadn't done it last year on Pretty Vegas (he wasn't negative about it either). I really like Storm, though she looks just like Lisa Hartman to me (Knots Landing flasbacks too....).

If they get rid of Zayra, Jill, Patrice and one of the low-key twins (Ryan and Josh) we'll have an interesting show.
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

Finally, a night that didn't leave me wistfully comparing it to last year's version. There was only one who was really bad (Zayra), and several I appreciated for the first time (Lukas, Ryan, even Josh to an extent). Even the middle of the pack was enjoyable to me.

And the top four - Magni, Storm, Lukas, Dilana, and maybe Toby - were excellent.

Great show.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella View Post
    Wow! The bottom 3 so far are all women! Dilana (my favorite) isn't one of them but it's still a bad sign. I think she's awesome, but I'm not sure these dudes will go for a chick when push comes to shove, even though I think it would make the band more interesting (even though Magni and a couple other dudes are awesome too).

I don't think I can vote either, since it's all by text messaging, isn't it? Not that I think my few votes would make the difference anyway.
    are you kidding? you know you can vote online, huh? i think they deleted a link i put on here a minute ago so i won't put it on but it's pretty easy to find! and FREE for voting!

FORT Regular
    I dunno, Dilana didnt really do it for me tonight, nor did Josh, or Spacelady Zayra, Please!!!!! send her home!!

Storm/Lucas and Magni are my faves..they will go the distance

FORT Newbie
    Late to the party...

I liked Dilana's and Storm's respective performances but these were not their best. And that's not to say they weren't good - they were great - but they've been better.

While I think Magni and Toby were great, Lukas owned this night - and he'll definitely get the encore.

Ryan? Should stay behind a piano.

I'm not a Zayra fan but she's definitely more interesting to watch than Jill, Josh or Patrice - so I want her to stay around a little longer than those guys. None of them will win anyway.

Still think Lukas will win this - and that Dilana should tour with the phenomenal House Band.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ateapot View Post
    Late to the party...

I liked Dilana's and Storm's respective performances but these were not their best. And that's not to say they weren't good - they were great - but they've been better.

While I think Magni and Toby were great, Lukas owned this night - and he'll definitely get the encore.

Ryan? Should stay behind a piano.

I'm not a Zayra fan but she's definitely more interesting to watch than Jill, Josh or Patrice - so I want her to stay around a little longer than those guys. None of them will win anyway.

Still think Lukas will win this - and that Dilana should tour with the phenomenal House Band.

yeah, the house band is great aren't they? who is that cutie with the skull cap on? lol... that's how i feel about the male talent this year, i'm noticing the background guys...

i agree, it's lukas for them, imo. can't see a girl winning, but they could surprise us all.

Amazing night. Several great performances and the rest are pretty good too including Zayra, only because of her antics and for being a showgirl. She was indeed flat some of the time and I couldn't understand the words coming out of her mouth. SN should just send her to Pluto. Or maybe she can front for Van Halen. The only other weak vocals is Josh. I can't barely hear him sing my favorite song which he was very mediocre on. I hope he lands the bottom 3. But then that means Tommy Lee is cursed, since the last time he played drums, the person ended in the bottom 3.

The encore will be tough but I'll give it to Magni. I think he did the best job becaus he was consistent all thruout his song. Lukas sang another favorite song of mine and it's a kick-ass song. He did very well with it except for the falsetto...he couldn't do it. Dilana and Storm did well too but not their best performances. I didn't see Ryan's because I had to take a quick shower during the break but I saw his getup at the end of his number. He seems to be pulling off a Zayra for showmanship. Patrice & Jill did good too. Not too much screaming from Jill this time. This is the least stiff performance of Toby i've ever seen and I think his best, better than his encore last few weeks which I think someone else deserved.

Bottom 3: Josh, Zayra, Patrice.

I will be surprised if Zayra avoids the B3 again.

I want to replace Gilby!! Thread Killer's Avatar
    Let me just say that all of you guys are awesome. Great comments on the performances, very witty and well thought out. My two cents:

Like jr and cc, I wasn't blown away by Lukas. It was very good, not great.

Magni DID blow me away. He's been my favorite since he sang Plush and remains at the top.

It was VERY telling how Dilana was able to share the stage with Gilby and not get overshadowed in the slightest. What a force of nature.

Jill was just okay, IMO. I love the original, this paled in comparison, she deserves the bottom 3.

Ryan's performances seem very "forced", especially tonight. Can't put my finger on why he bugs me, but there is no denying that he does.

Patrice = Soccer Mom: Hilarious! That is spot on.

Josh sucked, have no idea why SN keeps giving him props.

Zayra: No comment.

Toby is uninteresting; he has no chance to win, and he's never bad enough so you can't enjoy putting him down.

Had to save Storm for last. Geezus, she is so freaking beautiful, it hurts your eyes, another great performance this week. She could never front MY band though: I wouldn't be able to take my eyes off her, I'd constantly choose the wrong effects on my pedalboard. It just wouldn't work at all.

+ Reply to Thread