+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 8/08 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by IronDragon View Post
    Or, more likely, it says Toby doesn’t turn them on.
    Heh, are you saying that Toby should wear a skin tight gold lame suit?
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by JR. View Post
    Jill shouldn't be in the bottom this week, I think she's a victim of the spot behind Dilana. Josh, Ryan & Zayra should take their rightful place in the basement.
    Jill sang the song really well, and faithful to the original.

Ryan was weird, but so was Dilana on Lithium (the song, that is). He sang really well, where as Patrice didn't....sing....

FORT Fan
    I guess I'm the only one that didn't think Lukas was as awesome as everyone else thinks?

It was okay, but I didn't think it was the blow you away type performance that everyone else has been saying it was. I guess I had higher expectations since there was so much focus about it (being the focus of the mansion show and the intro tonight, etc.). It ended up coming of a little bit ho-hum to me. And I did prefer Marty's version of Creep last year.

It's kind of disappointing to see the same old suspects in the bottom 3 already. Zayra, Jill and Patrice. I actually thought Patrice did really well tonight. It's not that I particularly don't think Zayra or Jill belongs there, but I just don't want to see the same people star on the elimination show for yet another week. As some of us have commented on, the likes of Jill and Zayra are performing more than anyone else in the whole show. There's just something that's a bit backwards about that. The people that are constantly in the bottom are the ones the viewers hear the most.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    Heh, are you saying that Toby should wear a skin tight gold lame suit?
    Well…its worked for Zayra…its not like any of them have admired her singing talents

LOL, tis true!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by CC2003 View Post
    I guess I'm the only one that didn't think Lukas was as awesome as everyone else thinks?
    You are not alone. I wasn't crazy about it, but at least I could understand him this time.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben

drift: wonder if this will ever happen....

http://www.rockstargohome.com/cbs-ro...-supernova.php
    -------------------
    This summer's edition of CBS's ROCK STAR will also feature some format twists with a different music celebrity or rock legend each week. Said Navarro, "Friends of mine, like Slash, Macy Gray, Moby and Rob Zombie, will join us and throw in their two cents about who should stay and who should go."
    -----------
    still eight weeks to fit them in

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN View Post
    http://www.rockstargohome.com/cbs-ro...-supernova.php
    -------------------
    This summer's edition of CBS's ROCK STAR will also feature some format twists with a different music celebrity or rock legend each week. Said Navarro, "Friends of mine, like Slash, Macy Gray, Moby and Rob Zombie, will join us and throw in their two cents about who should stay and who should go."
    -----------
    still eight weeks to fit them in
    My guess is that they haven't had time to fit them in, yet. With so many performances to get through, they can barely edit in enough of Supernova's comments -- let alone those of a guest judge. (Reports are that Butch Walker was not too pleased with the large number of his comments that were left on the cutting room floor on the first episode.)

The tapings are still taking well over 2 hours - largely because of all the comments that Dave and Supernova make. I personally hope that a guest judge doesn't show up for at least another couple weeks.

FORT Newbie
    My top contenders have not changed over the last couple of weeks. I am not necessarily looking at how a single performance has gone, but rather whether or not the singer has a vocal range and power, stage presence, and creativity.

I have to put Dilanna, Lukas, Magni and Storm at the head of the class. I'm unable to get a vote in for them, so just have to tune in every week and see what happens.

It would really be interesting if the voters could also vote on the songs for the bottom three to perform on elimination night to add another dimension.

Toby and Dilana are my faves this week. I think Dilana will win it all, though.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread