+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Original Compositions

Original Compositions

Patrice is my favorite rocker. After watching all the original compositions, I think Patrice came up with the best song. I would definitely purchase it. Toby would come a close second, with Dilana the worst of them all.

Supernova would be stupid to eliminate Patrice now.

FORT Newbie
    I respect your decision about Patrice; however, I think they have already made their decision who will front the band. It is rigged. They picked Lukas long before the show even started. I'm sure of now, and if that is true which we will see in the end. I will not pay for their album or their concerts.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner View Post
    Patrice is my favorite rocker. After watching all the original compositions, I think Patrice came up with the best song. I would definitely purchase it. Toby would come a close second, with Dilana the worst of them all.

Supernova would be stupid to eliminate Patrice now.
    Wow! Dilana's was the worst? That surprises me. I hope they perform them live on the TV show--or at least show snippets of them performing their original songs on a future show.

Quote Originally Posted by webdwannabe View Post
    They picked Lukas long before the show even started. I'm sure of now, and if that is true which we will see in the end.
    Interesting! Why do you say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Wow! Dilana's was the worst?
    Yes, yes it was . Her lyrics were trite and silly and reminded me of one of the fake bands they used to have play on television shows in the 70s. Very disappointing. However, depending on what SN is actually looking for (singer vs. songwriter), she may still have a shot. If they'd rather take care of writing their own stuff, her performance ability still has her in the running. If they're looking for both, Lucas is definitely the forerunner, IMO.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Yeah, I have to say it....even tho I am a HUGE Dilana fan...I was not a fan of her self written tune!

I actually liked Josh and Lukas the best!

And after hearing Zayra's self written tune...I am convinced she is not of this planet........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    And after hearing Zayra's self written tune...I am convinced she is not of this planet........
    OK, now I have to figure out a way to hear these songs! I now have a project to work on during slow periods...

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Yes, yes it was . Her lyrics were trite and silly and reminded me of one of the fake bands they used to have play on television shows in the 70s. Very disappointing.
    Dilana as Laurie Partridge...hmmm. Interesting!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    I really, really love Dilana. I really, really hated her song. Even Laurie Partridge wouldn't have sung that.

Watched the performances on the web. I am officially sick of the song intro. LOL

Some interesting songs. Josh kind of lost me on his song with "Shut Up B**ch" line in the song. It seemed to leap from the song.

Lukas doesn't have the gig yet. He is definately in the running tho. Dilana is definately in the running as well. Sucky song or not. LOL The write song portion is only part of the package. Also, they only had a day to come up with it. So it isn't a clear marker of any of them songwriting wise. It is what they can come up with on the fly. It really would only be a issue if half the songs on the album suck and they say, come up with a new song by tommorrow!

Storm and Toby seemed to add more vocal elements into their songs. Both of them were very impressive in that regard.

Any who watched these on msn, did you notice the camera man seems infatuated with Storm? I think there were more shots of Storm during these than combined shots of Tommy, Jason and Gilby. LOL
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres View Post
    I really, really love Dilana. I really, really hated her song. Even Laurie Partridge wouldn't have sung that.
    Agreed. I'm assuming she heard the music, thought it sounded like a weak effort to update Crue's sound, and tried to match it with goofy lyrics that could have come off any early '80's hair-metal album. A misguided attempt, but I'm not ready to knock her off her pedestal yet.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I thought Patrice and Josh blew the others away in the song writing competition .... Lukas' was ok, as was Toby's .... Dilana's was really bad and Storm's was pretty bad too ...

I don't even like Josh and I thought he blew them all away ....

Dilana .... geez ... what a disappointment ... it was like a bad beach party song ... not what I expected of her at all ... I expected something deeper, darker than Beach Party Pop.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast