+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rock Star - 8/6 Live Performance Report **MAJOR SPOILERS**

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Can't wait for this week's show.

FORT Fan
    How did Lukas' version of Creep compare to Marty's version last season?

As soon as I heard that Lukas was doing Creep, I expected him do great, but the only drawback I think is that I'd like to see them deliver a great performance of a song that wasn't done last season. It just seems to cheapen it a bit if the song was performed and a hit last year, you know what I mean? It makes it seem like it's the song and not the performer.

And in fairness, the same thing goes for Dilana and Lithium. Both Lithium and Creep are songs that I would have a hard time imagining someone doing poorly with on this show.

Thank you LAGuy! You rock! Excellent recap ~ feels like I am right there w/ you.

Blues, thank you also for adding in your thoughts.

What would we do w/out you two? Don't want to find out.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Thanks LAGuy! I'm surprised that Dilana wasn't familiar with that Who song.

I cannot wait to hear "Creep." I love that song and am very interested to hear Luka's take on it.

Does anyone know when we'll hear their self-written songs, or is that just on the MSN broadcast?

Thanks so much for the spoiler LAXGuy! I can't wait for tommorow's episode.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by CC2003 View Post
    How did Lukas' version of Creep compare to Marty's version last season?
    Personally, I loved Marty's rendition, but Lukas' version was better. The arrangement was different though.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Thanks LAGuy! I'm surprised that Dilana wasn't familiar with that Who song.

I cannot wait to hear "Creep." I love that song and am very interested to hear Luka's take on it.

Does anyone know when we'll hear their self-written songs, or is that just on the MSN broadcast?
    You can hear snippets of some of them on the House video on rockstar.msn.com. Don't know if they'll make it to performance shows.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Not being an avid fan of RSS I don't often visit this forum, but I'm thrilled to have run across this thread. GREAT JOB LAGuy! I'm actually looking forward to watching the show tomorrow night.

Like others here I'm a big fan of Radiohead's Creep. For the rest of you Radiohead fans may I recommend the site linked to below. Not only is it my favorite version of the song (acoustic), but it's a Flash animation 'music video'. Absolutely brilliant.

http://www.lowmorale.co.uk/creep/
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

LAGuy - thank you so much for taking the time each week to transcribe your experience at the live shows. I (as well as every other person in this forum) appreciate it completely!!!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

From what you said about Ryan's performance, I'm wondering if he came in with the strategy of starting out slow (but not so slow that he was kicked off) and building momentum (the Suzy MacNeil/JD Fortune route) rather than starting off with a bang and having no where to go but down (the Jordis Unga/Ty Taylor route (don't yell- I happen to like Jordis a lot but she did kind of flame out))? The only one who seems to have remained at the top and stayed there performance and vocal wise is Dilana - it's a hard thing to sustain and I wonder if Ryan deliberately started out with a laid back under the radar style so that he could make a real impression as things went on?

He sure has changed his performance style since week one! I now see him as a contender.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast