+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
Results 121 to 128 of 128

Thread: 8/02 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #121
    Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    South West Washington
    Posts
    330
    Hey, Veronica! Good to "see" you again!

    Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaBelle27 View Post
    Anyway. Rockstar this year. Hmm.. Suffice it to say that I agree with most people posting already as in "What the heck is this band going to be? Modern punk-a*% punk music? Some Clash-type revisiting? Or is it going to be Methods of Mayhem Volume II? What exactly? I also agree that we won't know until an album comes out what they are actually going to do. They will say black is white and white is black each week just to do away with the people they don't want in their band. As is their right. I don't agree with keeping people just because they are ridiculous, though. C'mon... a double elimination wouldn't hurt you guys!

    ......... but then again, I never agree with His Horn-i-ness.



    Whatever their plans, I just can't help watching this show! I'm a die-hard rocker, and I LOVE it! It'll be interesting to actually hear the music these guys come up with, HUH???
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

  2. #122
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    273
    I think the producers must have told the band to lighten up on the "crush it" comments.

    It seemed out of character for the supernova guys to give the mark of approval for several songs and performances that were softer and not rockers. In the weeks before, they would have railed on somebody for not rocking out.

  3. #123
    FORT Fan anitavacation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Actually I don't think it proves that. Remember that she's only still in it because she HAS been on the block and not voted out. And then band in later weeks often moderated their comments about her and that alone can slowly cause a shift in public perception.

    Like: "now it might seem cool to vote for crazy Z, since the boys in the band apparently think there's something to her".

    The public voting on this show has been pretty good overall, actually.
    I think it was good too up until this show but although there wasn't any shortage of bad singers, Z was still the worst and should have been in the bottom 3.

    And if SuperNova's comments are causing a few people to power vote for Z just to keep her out of the bottom 3 - then that's another reason that there shouldn't be any "outside" voting. What's to stop these power voters from causing 3 of the best singers to end up in the bottom 3?

  4. #124
    FORT Fogey Blues Songstres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,204
    Quote Originally Posted by anitavacation View Post
    I think it was good too up until this show but although there wasn't any shortage of bad singers, Z was still the worst and should have been in the bottom 3.

    And if SuperNova's comments are causing a few people to power vote for Z just to keep her out of the bottom 3 - then that's another reason that there shouldn't be any "outside" voting. What's to stop these power voters from causing 3 of the best singers to end up in the bottom 3?
    I really think that Zayra has a lot of people voting for her because they really want to see what she'll do next. You got to admit she's entertaining, even if she doesn't sing well.

  5. #125
    Helplessly Hoping AsIs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5,879
    Quote Originally Posted by anitavacation View Post
    I think it was good too up until this show but although there wasn't any shortage of bad singers, Z was still the worst and should have been in the bottom 3.

    And if SuperNova's comments are causing a few people to power vote for Z just to keep her out of the bottom 3 - then that's another reason that there shouldn't be any "outside" voting. What's to stop these power voters from causing 3 of the best singers to end up in the bottom 3?
    In the event that the three best singers end up in the bottom three (snowballs chance in hell...) then the result would be the weakest of those three goes home sooner rather than later. There is only one winner, lol, unless they decide on two! But still this isn't a group contest, it is individual.

    Last season there were times a good singer landed in bottom 3, because they had a poor performance the night before. I think the fans for this show really do vote responsibly most of the time. And they vote for thier favorites who generally don't suck.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

  6. #126
    FORT Fan anitavacation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres View Post
    I really think that Zayra has a lot of people voting for her because they really want to see what she'll do next. You got to admit she's entertaining, even if she doesn't sing well.
    Yes, entertaining but completely in a bad way. I don't know about anyone else but I don't care to see her again no matter how much of a fool she intends to make of herself.

  7. #127
    FORT Fan anitavacation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    In the event that the three best singers end up in the bottom three (snowballs chance in hell...) then the result would be the weakest of those three goes home sooner rather than later. There is only one winner, lol, unless they decide on two! But still this isn't a group contest, it is individual.

    Last season there were times a good singer landed in bottom 3, because they had a poor performance the night before. I think the fans for this show really do vote responsibly most of the time. And they vote for thier favorites who generally don't suck.
    I'm not sure if you ever watched American Idol but because of the "power voting", 3 of the best singers ended up in the bottom one week (that's when I stopped watching the show). I just don't want the same thing to happen to this show because I really like it.

    Z is the worst singer and should have been in the bottom 3. Since she wasn't, that suggests to me that the voting isn't exactly where it should be.

    Futhermore, what if the message the contestants on the show are getting from this is Hey, act a fool and sing like you have a sinus infection and you'll make it to the finals. I don't think any of us want that, I know I don't.

  8. #128
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565
    Quote Originally Posted by anitavacation View Post
    Futhermore, what if the message the contestants on the show are getting from this is Hey, act a fool and sing like you have a sinus infection and you'll make it to the finals. I don't think any of us want that, I know I don't.
    The fact that Jill has been roundly criticized by the band for acting like a fool onstage clearly shows its not that simple. Zayra is in it more for being a freakshow than a fool.

    And while the other Rockstars might feel its a bit unfair she's still around, I think they are also all aware that a freakshow has zero chance of actually winning. She's there as a diversion, a ratings grabber, and nobody else is really banking that emulating her will get them further. Because it won't.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.