+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 8/02 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

anybody else laugh at the lack of sympathy applause for crazy Z?
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat View Post
    anybody else laugh at the lack of sympathy applause for crazy Z?
    I didn't laugh, but I certainly noticed it. It was odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Saige View Post
    They should have the voting count for half and the rockers score of the performance count for half or something cause the format is getting tedious. And what is the point you can land in the bottom three over and over and someone lands there once and it is bye bye. They need to revamp the show.
    But Zayra has been in the Bottom 3 only twice - the exact same number of times that Jill, Patrice and Dana have.

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN View Post
    I'm glad Zayra gets to sing ...er... perform next week.

I can't wait to see what she comes up with for the Supernova tune.

It will be worth all the suffering we've had to put up with.
    I can't wait either. Maybe she'll add a trapeze to her act while she warbles.

What I really want to hear are Lukas' lyrics. Is he truly the premier song writer of the bunch? Will the song presentation be on video like the clinics or their stage performances? Too many questions and too long to wait.

As far as axing Dana - it had to be done some time and since I can only hear Eric Burden sing House of the Rising Sun it is as well it was tonight.

If Jill could pour some honey on her upper range to take out the rasp, it would be lovely. She did well tonight and is around for another week to talk and talk and talk.

With Patrice I don't hear much movement up and down in her voice. It's not monotone and maybe it's the songs she chooses, or maybe it is that her voice is somewhat weak. Something is off.

Was that Ryan's sweat or bugs flying around in the spotlight over his head? He sounded more throat tight than last night, but the build was still good.

Interesting show - I love how every week they pan to Storm's face when the non-loser is chopped - she has the greatest expressions! Such Shock! Such Sadness! Good Hugs.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 08-03-2006 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres View Post
    I had her picked for my bottom three and I think she did a mediocre job of "House Of The Rising Sun". I'm not upset about today's result.
    I didn't see the show tonight, but I found her "Baba O'Reilly" very mediocre. She may have improved somewhat since the beginning (though that's not necessarily saying much), but her presentation and voice didn't impress me last night.

I do think she has tremendous potential, but she desperately needs to find herself - establish a niche she enjoys and really go for it.

Now Patrice in the B3 instead of Zayra…
    Last edited by jasmar; 08-03-2006 at 01:18 AM.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by CC2003 View Post
    Also, I think they should seriously consider changing the format for elimination shows. It may sound good in theory, but the problem with having the bottom three perform every show is that we consistently hear the least popular (or worst) people the most often. Since it's unlikely for them to give the encore to the same person each week, it ends up meaning that we hear the likes of Zayra, Josh, and Jill more often then we hear Dilana, Storm, etc.
    That's such a good point. I think that's part of what hurt Mig last year - he never had to perform INXS songs so it was harder for them to visualize him leading the band.

But back to the present, maybe in addition to the bottom three, the band should choose one other singer to perform - not an encore, but whatever song they have ready.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Reality junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy View Post
    But Zayra has been in the Bottom 3 only twice - the exact same number of times that Jill, Patrice and Dana have.
    Wow - I would have thought Zathura (one of my children named her that and it stuck - kinda appropriate with her alien-esque antics I think) had been in the bottom 3 more often than that... it just *feels* like she was, I guess.

And Jill has been getting on my nerves for the past few weeks - hopefully being in the bottom 3 again will wake her up, but I don't know if she's capable of changing.
    Are you a parent or teacher wanting to know more about computer and video games? Take a look at GAMEparents.

Quote Originally Posted by Saige View Post
    There is no way Zayara was not in the bottom three. Me smells something fishy here. I think they did not want another uproar like last week, but they want her around for drama so they went with two of the three bottom and Patrice or Dana in fourth place.
    I think that viewers are voting to keep her around because it is hilarious to see how wacky she can get. If she continues her trend of going from bad to worse to excrutiating, what can we expect next week.

Everyone knows that Supernova aren't going to pick her (ok imagine signing on to a world tour and playing with her as the lead - talk about career suicide!) but you've got to admit it's like watching a weekly train wreck and that can be entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by lalou View Post
    I think that viewers are voting to keep her around because it is hilarious to see how wacky she can get. If she continues her trend of going from bad to worse to excrutiating, what can we expect next week.

Everyone knows that Supernova aren't going to pick her (ok imagine signing on to a world tour and playing with her as the lead - talk about career suicide!) but you've got to admit it's like watching a weekly train wreck and that can be entertaining.
    Or... I've had another thought - perhaps the idea of having to hear her sing as part of the bottom 3 is horrifying enough to keep people voting her to safety. In this case scenario Zathura (yes, I love the name too) will actually win and then Supernova can just pack up and go home!

I was rather surprised Dana went home, especially after Patrice was overshadowed in her performance with Tommy Lee. Dana has a strong voice, even if her sneer is the sweetest-looking one around. She had a very classy exit.

Patrice seems to have lost her fire and drive and isn't commanding the stage. I'm quite familiar with the Buckley song she performed, and she didn't do it justice. She needs to project her voice more, or she will never stand a chance singing with Supernova. The tone is good, but it's sounding wimpy.

Jill did a fabulous job. I hope she cuts the screaming and "sings" because she does have a great voice. This was the first song of hers I liked, though. Man, she looked as though she thought she was the one to go, as she was close to tears most of the night.

I'm looking forward to the see what the rockers do with their songs next week. If Zayra's impromptu songwriting and vocalization in the first online episode is any indication, we are in for a wild time. You might want to have earplugs handy.
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 08-03-2006 at 01:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread