+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 8/02 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    There is no way Zayara was not in the bottom three. Me smells something fishy here. I think they did not want another uproar like last week, but they want her around for drama so they went with two of the three bottom and Patrice or Dana in fourth place.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres View Post
    That's actually a good question. Obviously that wasn't his best performance, and I probably would have him as the fourth worst. But even at his worst, he has a certain amount of charisma that's really hard to discount. That made his performance more interesting, therefore, a little better to me than Dana's. I hope that makes sense.
    Yeah it does. Thanks. I am biased to dislike him, so I was curious what your thoughts were. He does have a stage presence, something many of the rockers need but not something that can always be learned. Sometimes it is there or it isn't.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fan
    I can't believe believe Josh didn't land in the bottom at all. Does this mean every week will be Reggae week? I find it kind of funny that they'll criticize some people for going with a softer song, call things American Idolish, yet a Josh song that totally does not belong on a rock show is praised and let off the hook.

Also, I think they should seriously consider changing the format for elimination shows. It may sound good in theory, but the problem with having the bottom three perform every show is that we consistently hear the least popular (or worst) people the most often. Since it's unlikely for them to give the encore to the same person each week, it ends up meaning that we hear the likes of Zayra, Josh, and Jill more often then we hear Dilana, Storm, etc.

Maybe the should rig the voting just to mix up the elimination show so we don't hear the same people constantly sing. Throw Dilana in one week. Or definitely this week Lukas should have been there.

FORT Fogey
    They should have the voting count for half and the rockers score of the performance count for half or something cause the format is getting tedious. And what is the point you can land in the bottom three over and over and someone lands there once and it is bye bye. They need to revamp the show.

I actually liked this results show. Dana didn't deserve to be cut so soon, and I'll miss seeing what she brings every week. But there was no way she would ever win this thing so it was no loss. Plus she was so incredibly gracious in her exit speech. It made me like her so much more. Zayra should've gone, but someone voted for her. Oh well, she'll get her's eventually. I was also amazed at Jill! She was fantastic tonight! She needs to be part of an awesome rocker girl band (like Heart) where she can totally belt it out and doesn't need to gyrate or get gravelly with her voice. Overall, good show tonight.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    I'm glad Zayra gets to sing ...er... perform next week.

I can't wait to see what she comes up with for the Supernova tune.

It will be worth all the suffering we've had to put up with.

FORT Fogey
    thank goodness jill saved herself tonight. now i hope she really delivers well next week. and interesting she was the first one safe...over patrice! i know there is somewhat a rivalry between them so im not sure who will last longer, jill or patrice. or will they be eliminated in back to back weeks. i love both of them, but i know eventually they will be cut. dana i was shocked to see her in the b3, but not go because i knew that the other two could have stayed over her, because they have given convincing performances more so than dana. and i am absolutely outraged that that horror was not in the b3!

with that said, here is who should be going in the next few weeks:

zayra!
    josh
    ryan

it should be those who should go next, but its gonna be hard to get rid of ryan. i hope he hasnt pulled a "jd" and ends up winning this.

FORT Newbie
    I think Patrice will go eventually because the audience thinks she's a bitch. Supernova doesn't care about that, so she'll stick around as long as someone sings worse than her, but the audience will keep putting her down there until she's finally gone.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by sparklebear00 View Post
    I think Patrice will go eventually because the audience thinks she's a bitch. Supernova doesn't care about that, so she'll stick around as long as someone sings worse than her, but the audience will keep putting her down there until she's finally gone.
    Does the audience thinks she's a bitch? The live audience seems to like her well enough, and I know I don't think she's a bitch. But I don't think, for the most part, that she's very dynamic and I find myself a little bored with her.

Well, tonight's show proves one thing....

The call in voting doesn't work - why else would Z still be on the show?

It's sad - very sad.

+ Reply to Thread