+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rock Star - Elimination Show Report - 8/2/06 *TEASERS*

Rock Star - Elimination Show Report - 8/2/06 *TEASERS*

Hey folks! Back from the taping with a few teasers for tonight’s show. Before I begin, however, I ask that these tidbits NOT be copied to other websites. It just causes problems when you do. Thanks in advance for your cooperation and understanding.

Anyway, you know the drill by now: Recap of last night, followed by “Back at the Mansion” footage. This week, Lukas is the focus – as he is seriously down on his performance. He basically admits (to his fellow Rockers and to the camera) that he screwed up, forgot the lyrics, and says he deserves to be in the Bottom 3.

Coming back from the clip, Dave questioned him about it. Lukas admits he's only human, but maintained that it was a Bottom 3 performance. In his own words: “It was shite.”

The encore followed, but not before Jason first asked the Rockers which of them thought they deserved it. Very few hands were raised – even the person who would eventually get it only raised their hand begrudgingly. This lack of response, however, prompted Jason to have some words with them: He was bothered at their lack of self-confidence, and felt that they all should have raised their hands.

The encore sounded very, very good.

And, now, what everyone is waiting for: The Bottom 3!

There was no announcement of the Early Voting Results Bottom 3 this week. Instead, Brooke named the 5 Rockers who hit the B3 at some point in the worldwide vote. And, no, the Final Bottom 3 did not end up the same as you saw on TV last night – and I think there will be some of you who are going to be surprised at who was - and was not - in the B3.

The songs performed by the Bottom 3 were:

Alone, Heart
    House of the Rising Sun, The Animals
    Eternal Life, Jeff Buckley

After the performances, it was pretty apparent that one of the Rockers had managed to save their self. So, it really came down to the remaining 2 – both of whom had their share of pluses and minuses.

Supernova deliberated for a little over 20 minutes. Then the Hatchet Man (this week wearing a black, horned Devil’s hood) made the cut. An emotional, though dignified, farewell followed.

In a little preview of coming attractions, Gilby told the Rockers that this week, they would be given another new Supernova track. Their assignment: To individually write lyrics and melody. Should be interesting...

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Excellent. LAGuy, you've made me addicted to your spoiler posts cause I've been waiting all day for this. I was getting more and more anxious as the day wore on and now that I've read it I'm in that happy place. Seriously you need to post more often.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Thanks LAGuy! Can't wait for tonight's show.

Why do I have the feeling, though, that if more rockers had raised their hands, they would've been yelled at for being cocky?

Um, can you give us a hint? Do ALL of the Bottom 3 do stellar jobs or just that one who is saved?

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Um, can you give us a hint? Do ALL of the Bottom 3 do stellar jobs or just that one who is saved?
    I'd say they were "decent", but hardly "stellar". Which made it difficult to predict which one the Hatchett Man would chop.

I'm going to make a wild guess and say that possibly the one who sings Jeff Buckley's Eternal Life is the one who fancies himself a cross between Freddie Mercury and Jeff Buckley.

Thanks for the update, LAGuy.

Hmmm.... looking at those final 3 songs... can I hedge a bet that Zayra didn't make the bottom 3 this week?

It's looking like Jill, Dana, and Josh.

Thanks, LAGuy, love the reports. But oooeee, I am frustrated right now and can barely wait until tonight.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Newbie
    Oh Please Say That Jill Went Home!!!!

Loved the spoiler LAguy! You Rawk!

Thanks LAXGuy for the teasers!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Hmmm.... looking at those final 3 songs... can I hedge a bet that Zayra didn't make the bottom 3 this week?
    It's looking like Jill, Dana, and Josh.
    It could be Z with "Alone" - she likes ballads, and she knows that Gilby worked with Ann Wilson! Josh did pretty well with the reggae last night. Jill deserves to be back in the bottom three, after yesterday's performance. Dana - maybe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast