+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 8/01 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Thinking about the so-called "Bottom 3" this week? It's easy.

Patrice can be boring, except when she REALLY puts an effort into things, but she's still better than half the guys, and Zayra. She shouldn't go anywhere. She may indeed float into the B3 though.

Josh really wasn't that good, but I doubt the world in general is going to recognize that yet. I mean what he does isn't so bad, but the idea of him playing with a hard rock band is even more of a joke than Dana or even Zayra doing so. He ain't going, and may not even go into the B3, but honestly, he should be, based on how little he meshes with Supernova.

Lukas had a sucko week, and is indeed limited in what he can do, but he's too charismatic to fall yet. No B3 for you yet!

Dana ain't going in the B3. She may be playing dress up and making fake sneers, but honestly she's doing a good enough job to pass some other these other morons. At least for now.

Toby has been really good other weeks, even if he sucked this time. He ain't going, or probably even staying in the B3.

Jill has raw talent when she chooses to apply it properly, but almost no judgment and no emotional toughness. She can possibly save herself with a good song today, but seeing as how Zayra is being favored for her bizarro factor, and the band can just use the excuse of being tired of Jill, she's probably gone no matter how she sings.

Zayra is a freak, and while there's a certain fascination, and maybe even a little watchability in that, the only thing she should be fronting is an ad for Valium, or anti-seizure medicine, as the "before" example. There's an outside chance that Mark Burnett may realize that its beginning to look a bit too bizarre to keep her and instruct Supernova to finally let her have the boot. But... probably not. I figure Jill, Ryan and possibly even Patrice or Dana probably have to go before the show is "finished" with bizarre annoying little rubber suited Miss Z. I hope I am wrong though and she just gets the hook tonight.

I'm guessing Z, Jill and Patrice, with Jill going (and Z doing another puzzling performance that nobody really understands or likes but being kept anyway, unless Burnett has seen the writing on the wall with her yet).

Quote Originally Posted by anitavacation View Post
    And now a message to SuperNova regarding Z. When I heard your comments tonight regarding Z keeps "changing it up" and that's why you haven't voted her off yet, that was the biggest load of horse **** I have ever heard on this show - EVER. The reason is quite simple and I'm rather stunned that you haven't figured this out on your own.... She can't sing and that's what is always the same, each and every time. Nothing "changing it up" about that at all.
    Amen. That's been my point too. She does the same thing every time. It's only "different" from everyone else, not her own other performances.

Quote Originally Posted by JonasGrumby View Post
    Toby, Zayra & Jill are the correct bottom 3. Toby might escape it and Dana will replace him.
    That would be a shame, Skipper, because Dana has actually been doing a much better impression of a rock star recently. Its still an impression, but even so its been much more watchable than the likes of bobblehead Phil last week, or Josh, Zayra, Jill, a bad week by Lukas, a VERY bad week by Toby, and maybe even Patrice this week (who's performance with Tommy really did NOT impress me all that much, although I liked her a lot in the first few weeks).

Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet View Post
    The performance show is recorded on Sunday. That show then airs on Tuesday; the voting takes place after it ends. The results show is taped earlier in the day on Wednesday. The bottom three is announced, and the loser going home is known then. We don't get to see it until that evening. Everything we see has happened earlier in the day. Of course, the show is edited before it makes its way into our homes.
    Yup. And the "early results" are, I believe, based on all of those foreign markets who air the show earlier than the U.S. and Canada. I mean it occurs to me that Brooke never actually SAYS the name of the B3, so that's inserted later, over the bland generic statements she makes on taping day.
    Last edited by Krom; 08-02-2006 at 11:39 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Her only real weakness appears to be insecurity (on this week's online ep she claimed after seeing a playback of "Time After Time" that she thought she blew it and was ashamed of the performance). Which of course is silly, because that performance (like pretty much every single one she's done) was spectacular.
    Okay, you guys, what am I missing about Dilana? Sure, she can entertain, but I seriously can't stand to listen to her sing.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Zayra
    Oh my. She was better than previous weeks, but soooo not right. I think one thing that sounds odd to my "American" ears is how much of her accent comes through when she is singing.
    BZ (Before Zayra), if someone had tried to convince me there was such a thing as a Charo/Bjork hybrid, I'd have laughed them out of town.

These days, I'm convinced.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonasGrumby View Post
    I did not like Magni's performance and vocals tonight. Josh had very good vocals but it wasn't rock and he's just not rock at all. Ryan was pretty good and he will get the encore tomorrow. Dilana and Storm are just cruising this. Patrice was ok as was Lukas who just had his weakest perfromance yet. Toby still lacks stage presence, stiff as Ryan. Jill screams her songs and it's turning off SN. Dana is just a pretender, a rock poseur who's concept of being rock is putting on black eyeliner while sporting a sneer. If you don't have IT, you don't got IT. Zayra...what about this girl. She's really something. The band's guilty pleasure. Laughable yet comically entertaining. Like a rubbernecker, as one drives by one can't help but slow down and look at the train wreck. She's been the worst singer since day one yet escapes the brink of elimination 3 in a row! The 4th will spell her doom. I think it's time to have a dbl elimination. If Jill must go so should Zayra (even is she doesn't land the B3!).

I have a feeling that we'll see more of Zayra even though she gets booted off. She will be in Amazing Race, Project Runway, Survivor, Big Brother, Fear Factor, etc. etc.
    I totally agree with you on all points, Jonas! esp. the "rubbernecker" comment! I have to say I got a GREAT laugh out of it. It was entertaining, and I have to admit that I thought the way the House Band interpreted her rendition of the song was interesting....

More and MORE Kudos to the HOUSE BAND!!
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar View Post
    BZ (Before Zayra), if someone had tried to convince me there was such a thing as a Charo/Bjork hybrid, I'd have laughed them out of town.

OMG... this is priceless... I laughed my a** off!!!

And how she "reinterprets the songs to how she hears them..", I feel so sorry for the House Band. They pull it off, but you can tell they just dread her rearrangements. They should boycott her and make SN get rid of her... Mutiny!!!
    Last edited by souljourney; 08-02-2006 at 12:55 PM.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by souljourney View Post
    OMG... this is priceless... I laughed my a** off!!!

And how she "reinterprets the songs to how she hears them..", I feel so sorry for the House Band. They pull it off, but you can tell they just dread her rearrangements. They should boycott her and make SN get rid of her... Mutiny!!!
    Rofl! That would be awesome! I feel for the house band as well... she does do something that the others dont which takes guts... or stupidity, but really at some point if she doesn't get sent home before hand, she needs to sing as song as is and not change it.

FORT Newbie
    So when is the spoiler coming thru of who Supernova sends home this week? I'm dying here!

FORT Fan
    Tommy was awesome on the drums. I think the reason he seemed more lucid was because a) he was performing and b) his kids were in the house . Dilana is absolutely fantastic week after week and will undoubtedly become a superstar with or without "the boys". This show should set the bar for other "talent" shows, including AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Okay, you guys, what am I missing about Dilana? Sure, she can entertain, but I seriously can't stand to listen to her sing.

Maybe her voice is just not to your taste, because I love to hear her sing. She's very talented.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar View Post

haha, I turned to my friend I was watching with last night and said "If Bjork were tone deaf, you'd get this"

+ Reply to Thread