+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 8/01 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I liked Z's performance tonight. Anyone remember what song she sang on the show's debut? I missed that one and missed it in the recaps... (long story short--my computer's "skipping" some pages).

I don't think she honestly thinks she's going to front SN. I don't think SN is going to pick her. But she's fun to watch and I like her weird arrangements. (I always hated that song anyhow so her rendition of it didn't ruin a "good" song for me.)

Nope, she's not on key all the time and that doesn't bother me. She maks show! She puts on a show. And she's feisty. When Tommy was suggesting they mud wrestle, and then Dave intimated that he had mud wrestled with Tommy (albeit in a joking way), she totally nailed them: "Can I watch?" I LOVED THAT (and so did they) 'cause that's what guys say about women all the time! Their fantasy.

So many of you say you HATE her with a passion and that's cool. But those comments remind me of when I was little and professed to hate the "Donny and Marie Show" (yes, I'm that old) ... but I'd still watch it anyway. You're given fair warning when she's on. Switch to a different channel. Or mute the channel. Problem solved, right? (I think you all secretly LOVE HER.)

I would kill for her figure and my guess is she knows she's not going to be in SuperNova and is working her angle to try to get a career in the entertainment business when her time is up on this show.

I'm not a big fan of Josh or that Sublime song but I really thought he did a great job. He showed some strength and diversity in his vocals and the arrangement. He's not right for SN either.

Storm--I usually really like her but thought her performance was sub par. For her.

Dilana--she brought it tonight. (And Boop2, is she really that tiny? She looked sooooooooooo petite!)

I thought it was kinda sad/pathetic when Dana said she was going to get a tattoo. As if that would make her more legit in the rock world. As INXS used to say...Don't change. (Not your body anyhow!)

Lukas, who I liked in the beginning--I'm beginning to realize that his voice has almost an operatic element to it--the way he trills some of his words. It's kind of interesting but (to quote the band) I'd like to see him mix it up a little bit, vocally.

OK, bottom 3 tomorrow...

-- My gal Z (who will probably be sent home)
    -- Jill
    -- Patrice

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by especialk View Post
    I wondered that as well - he didn't seem like his usual showboating, cocky self. Maybe that's why he kept walking towards the drummer and facing the back cause he was paranoid of the crowd!
    He admitted that he was having difficulty with the lyrics and wasn't confident about his performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    -- Jill
    -- Patrice
    No worries. Smart money is on Jill getting the boot. Too much venom behind remarks for her to stay. These boys want her gone. I think the rest of the bottom three can sleep easy tonight.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fanatic
    okay, she's not my favorite but i am jumping at jill's defense! i guess they dont want someone who is a cross between kim carnes and a rocking version of bette midler. jill is got good vocals, and if zayra is in the b3 that is the third damn time she has been there and fifth overall damn time she has been in the b3 at some point in the night! jill will have been in the b3 her second time but at some point in the night her third time. and now i cant blame jill for her performance, but the song choices! half of these songs would be sung on american idol, sad to say. its obvious that sn doesnt seem to have a knack for choosing good rock songs but pop songs to make into rock songs. there are so many rock songs out there that could be sung that are worth watching, think "i shot the sherrif", "wild winger", and "rain on me". those are some rocking songs and every time they come on i jam to them, especially clapton's "i shot the sherrif". and jill could sing every one of those songs with no problems. that stupid inxs song shouldnt have been put on the list to begin with! sad, jill leaving will be something they will regret. she would have also rocked "baba o'rily"(dont know how to spell that song), and "can't get enough of your love"(though brilliant by dilana). i just had to defend jill because i am furious that they dont see there is something to her, and she getting kicked over zayra will truly be a upset. this week could be the first week a colorful performer gets the boot.

FORT Fanatic
    now as for the rest of the performances. dilana was hands down the best for me tonight. dana was okay, she could have switched with jill because inxs suits her more than jill. ryan was good, but i cannot stand him, he is so overcocky and full of himself. and really.. thats it.

everything else was awful!(except magni and storm) patrice, toby, lukas,josh, jill(sad), and last, and always least, ZAYRA!

and storm did not sing her best yet to me, i dont know she was good, but i just wasnt feeling the energy today.

predictions for bottom three: lukas, jill, and zayra

and jill goes.

RF, I don't dislike Jill, I think she is trying too hard to be what she thinks they want her to be. And I'll repeat what I have said before, these guys, while sometimes give good insight, are horrible judges who send confusing messages of what they want in their band.

But it has been clear the last two weeks at least that they just don't like Jill for one reason or another. Hell with these guys, maye she dissed their manhood or something.

She has a nice voice when she is "singing" in her range. But she tries to over the top rock and ends up shouting half her songs and it just doesn't work.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Hangin' with Uncle Leo UGetWhatYouNeed's Avatar
    I think Jill will go. If you look at the guys faces when she performs they appear to have just smelled something gawd awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    I liked Z's performance tonight. Anyone remember what song she sang on the show's debut? I missed that one and missed it in the recaps... (long story short--my computer's "skipping" some pages).

I don't think she honestly thinks she's going to front SN. I don't think SN is going to pick her. But she's fun to watch and I like her weird arrangements. (I always hated that song anyhow so her rendition of it didn't ruin a "good" song for me.)

Nope, she's not on key all the time and that doesn't bother me. She maks show! She puts on a show. And she's feisty. When Tommy was suggesting they mud wrestle, and then Dave intimated that he had mud wrestled with Tommy (albeit in a joking way), she totally nailed them: "Can I watch?" I LOVED THAT (and so did they) 'cause that's what guys say about women all the time! Their fantasy.

So many of you say you HATE her with a passion and that's cool. But those comments remind me of when I was little and professed to hate the "Donny and Marie Show" (yes, I'm that old) ... but I'd still watch it anyway. You're given fair warning when she's on. Switch to a different channel. Or mute the channel. Problem solved, right? (I think you all secretly LOVE HER.)

I would kill for her figure and my guess is she knows she's not going to be in SuperNova and is working her angle to try to get a career in the entertainment business when her time is up on this show.

I'm not a big fan of Josh or that Sublime song but I really thought he did a great job. He showed some strength and diversity in his vocals and the arrangement. He's not right for SN either.

Storm--I usually really like her but thought her performance was sub par. For her.

Dilana--she brought it tonight. (And Boop2, is she really that tiny? She looked sooooooooooo petite!)

I thought it was kinda sad/pathetic when Dana said she was going to get a tattoo. As if that would make her more legit in the rock world. As INXS used to say...Don't change. (Not your body anyhow!)

Lukas, who I liked in the beginning--I'm beginning to realize that his voice has almost an operatic element to it--the way he trills some of his words. It's kind of interesting but (to quote the band) I'd like to see him mix it up a little bit, vocally.

OK, bottom 3 tomorrow...

-- Jill
    -- Patrice

Yes Ms Lois , she is tiny but she is pretty fit she works out alot. right before she left she was with her trainer ( Eric ) and she carried him piggy back 100 yards on the football field.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boop2 View Post
    Yes Ms Lois , she is tiny but she is pretty fit she works out alot. right before she left she was with her trainer ( Eric ) and she carried him piggy back 100 yards on the football field.
    GET OUT! I don't think I could carry my tiny niece that far! That was her boyfriend carrying her back to the stage, I believe someone had mentioned? (He's cute!) And to whoever said she looked old, I thought she looked really young and pretty. (And this coming from a Z fan...so you know I must've been impressed! )

I think I have to agree with the majority of the folks here. Despite my misgivings about her early on, I think I have to jump on the Dilana bandwagon...this is her contest to lose. She'll be fronting that band. I would've loved to have heard her sing "Helter Skelter."

(This doesn't mean I'll stop enjoying watching Z and her wackiness! I really get a kick out of her and enjoy her spunk!)

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    No worries. Smart money is on Jill getting the boot. Too much venom behind remarks for her to stay. These boys want her gone. I think the rest of the bottom three can sleep easy tonight.
    I always feel so bad for her. She's not my cup of tea, but just the look on her face as she tries to keep smiling while they rip her a new one. Poor girl.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I've said it before and I'll probably say it a million times more during this season but Dilana is unfreakenbelievable.

I'd pay $$ to go see her right now...I'm so jealous that Boop2 is buddies with her and that LAGuy and Blues Songstress gets to go see her....I wanna see her too......whining miserably in a horrible whiney voice.......

I love and adore her tremendously....Boop2...you be sure and tell her that there's a chick in small ole po-dunk redneck Alabama that thinks she is unfreakenbelievable!

Other faves for me tonight were Storm, Magni, Toby and Josh....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread