+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rock Star - 7/30 Live Performance Report **MAJOR SPOILERS**

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    A few other things worth mentioning:

Zayra was dressed in a jungle-print leotard, boots, gold lame gloves and sheer black cape. After her "performance", Dave asked that if he talked Supernova into giving her the encore, would she promise to wear that outfit again the next day. Tommy said he had a blow-up kiddie pool in his dressing room filled with mud and asked if she wanted to wrestle.

Before Magni's performance they showed a clip of the house episode where he sees a video of his 10-month old walking. It was a very emotional piece with Magni crying because he misses his family and he had missed the baby's first steps. After his performance, Tommy asked how he felt. Magni said that his family was the most important thing and that it demonstrated his commitment to this project. He said if it wasn't important, he would be gone. Tommy stated that he understood and then said that Supernova had decided to pay to have his family flown here. There wasn't a dry eye in the house.

Lukas, for the first time, actually wasn't an arrogant p****. He actually came off as being kind of vulnerable and likeable, admitting that he had trouble with the lyrics to "Celebrity Skin" and that he had told the other rockers that he was going to screw it up.

Storm is usually hamming it up on the rocker pod, dancing and carrying on during the entire taping. Yesterday she was strangely subdued and I wondered if something was wrong. She said after her performance that she was actually nervous for the first time singing "Changes" because it is such a departure from what she normally does.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres View Post
    Every week I wonder what somebody else is going to do to make it easy for them to keep Zayra. Darn it anyway, but Jill may have done the trick.
    Good point. ((sigh))
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    After his performance, Tommy asked how he felt. Magni said that his family was the most important thing and that it demonstrated his commitment to this project. He said if it wasn't important, he would be gone. Tommy stated that he understood and then said that Supernova had decided to pay to have his family flown here. There wasn't a dry eye in the house.
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwww! Last season, didn't they do that for whoever won the encore? It was part of the reward... I remember them flying in MiG's wife, Marty's family, Jordis's dad was there (or did he come on his own) etc.

I'm not sure at what point the encores started getting family visits, but yes, they did do that last year. I also remember JD getting his sister and mother I believe.

Thanks for the additional info Blues Songstres, between you and LAGuy, it almost feels like we were there!

You rock!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Maybe next year they'll look for a lead singer for Nirvana. Then they might put songs by other artists into the mix.

That was too funny, Blues Songstres, you must be reading my mind.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Thanks LAguy !!!

I'll predict the encore before seeing it: Dilana

It has been long enough since Lithium, and the song suits SN better than a grand piano one. Props to Ryan, though, for doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    But... but.... what about Toby???

Is it Tuesday night yet???
    Amen sister! Toby!

Thank you again LAGuy for your exceptional recap!!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Love the prequels LAGuy & Blues. Thanks a million!

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN View Post
    Thanks LAguy !!!

I'll predict the encore before seeing it: Dilana

It has been long enough since Lithium, and the song suits SN better than a grand piano one. Props to Ryan, though, for doing well.
    You may be right about the encore going to Dilana -- and you would get no argument from me!

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy View Post
    You may be right about the encore going to Dilana -- and you would get no argument from me!

No argument here, Deevo will be in H -Town tonite going to hook up at the watch party can't wait. thanks LAGuy for all you do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast