+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rock Star - 7/30 Live Performance Report **MAJOR SPOILERS**

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar
    "There are really no words to describe Zayra's performance this week. I can’t say it was a trainwreck, because I’m sure they don’t use that antiquated mode of transportation on her planet"

LAGuy - that was absolutely hilarious! Like many others, I can't stand Zayra, and implying that she is a space alien was pure genious.

Awesome recap! I'm looking forward to seeing Tommy Lee on drums, and as always, Dilana's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    I love me some honest Gilby.

ACK....... it sounds like, from your report, that we can possibly expect Jill to be booted this week instead of Zayra. Please, dear God, no.
    *sigh* I fear you are right. I think Jill has actually honked them off enough to be sent home if she indeed ends up in the bottom three. I think from LAGuys description that it would be a miracle for her not to end up in bottom three. Bye Bye Jill...

LAGuy, you totally rock. Thanks for taking the time to fill us in and give us insight into the show. I don't think INXS or Supernova would be as much fun without you, jluvs last year and Blues this year. You all rock!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Once again I have to agree with just about everything...

All I could say after Zayra's performance was "WTF was THAT???" She was so manic I thought body parts were going to start flying off. Of course, had that happened they would have kept her for another week for sure. Every week I wonder what somebody else is going to do to make it easy for them to keep Zayra. Darn it anyway, but Jill may have done the trick.

Zayra promised to rock it this week, but once again she chose the most "pop" of all the songs and destroyed it. Apparently you weren't looking around, because I was the other audience member trying to show enthusiasm. It wasn't easy, as her rendition was virtually impossible to clap in time to.

Didn't you think this crowd was one of the lamest you've seen? There were several performances that they seemed to sleep through until the end.

Dilana, once again, was phenomenal. This girl is the real deal.

I loved Storm and Ryan as well, and I agree that Ryan will probably get the encore.

I am sooo glad that SOMEBODY agrees with me that Dana was not great!!! I told the people I was with that she might be bottom three and they looked at me as if I'd grown a third eye. I would take this performance over most of her others (aside from last week's), but it still wasn't there yet for me.

Zayra and Jill seemed foregone conclusions for the bottom three, but the last person was a difficult call. I think you're right with either Josh or Dana, though in my mind it should be Dana.

Great recap as always!

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    LAGuy, you totally rock. Thanks for taking the time to fill us in and give us insight into the show. I don't think INXS or Supernova would be as much fun without you, jluvs last year and Blues this year. You all rock!

I didn't WANT to read your report this week, but I just couldn't help myself!!

Thanks so much for your dedication to this... I can't imagine how much TIME you have to devote to standing in line, etc., every week, but I personally look forward to your inside scoop!
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Blues Songstres, thanks for your insight as well.

I can't wait to see Dilana carried back by her boyfriend. I'm a sucker for stuff like that.

Great spoiler LAGuy

Well now I see I need to go yell at Steve O for not letting us here at home know about that BIG suprise. :nono Wonder if that was what she needed from home that just couldn't wait? HMMMMMMMM
    Ya know there has been something about Jill I haven't liked and now the idea that she may be the reason Zayra stays.
    Can't wait to see most of the others....although a friend of mine recently got me hooked on Sublime for Santeria so if he screws it up I may cry.
    Thanks for the warnings on some and the good news on others. I don't think the spoilers blow it..I am more anxious now than I was before.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    I actually think they will do that again (I missed that episode last season when they did it on ROCK STAR: INXS). It would certainly shake things up!

I'm looking forward to Ryan doing the REM song. I'm not a Ryan fan but LAGuy's description sounded pretty good. I know this shouldn't matter, but part of the problem I'm having with this season's guys is I can't stand looking at them. (The girls all look fine.) I wasn't a big JD fan, but he wasn't bad to look at (same for MiG, Marty, Ty, Neal, etc.). And it's not like the guys this season are ugly, per se, I just don't like some of their idiocrancies. Phil (the bobble--although since he's been sent home, that's that) and Josh (the closed eyes, clenched teeth) are OK looking guys, but meh. Ryan's a little on the homely side (I think). Lukas at least has a "look" going on that's interesting to watch...
    But... but.... what about Toby???

Is it Tuesday night yet???

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    But... but.... what about Toby???

Is it Tuesday night yet???
    I like Toby's singing, but I've never been a fan of his type of look (which I know puts me in the minority). (Love his Aussie accent, though, and he seems like a really sweet guy!)

Thanks LAGuy for the reports.

Now, can we have one week without some Nirvana?

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark99 View Post
    Thanks LAGuy for the reports.

Now, can we have one week without some Nirvana?
    Maybe next year they'll look for a lead singer for Nirvana. Then they might put songs by other artists into the mix.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast