+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 7/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Obviously Zayra is still there because of her "entertaining" factor. Remember when Chris was in the B3 the first 2 weeks, and when he got cut, he was told that they didn't like the fact he was in the B3 for 2 weeks? Look at Zayra! She's been in the B3 every show. The reason they are keeping her has to be to see what she will do next. She will get booted, it's just a matter of time. I think they are weeding out the other "unsavory" rockers first, and keeping her for a while for entertainment if nothing else.

FORT Fan
    Zayra keeps reminding me of Brandon from last season. Certain songs they could do well but with other songs they just seemed lost. Thanks

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paulvons View Post
    Zayra keeps reminding me of Brandon from last season. Certain songs they could do well but with other songs they just seemed lost. Thanks
    But the interesting thing is they ALL seem to do better when they're "singing for their lives" when they're in the Bottom 3. How are the songs picked for the Bottom 3? I know there are song clearance issues...so do the contestants give the producers a list of all the songs they'd LIKE to sing if they were thrown into the Bottom 3, and then the producers tell them which songs they got clearance for? Because it seems like when the rockers get to CHOOSE the song they want to sing without having to compete with others for it, they do better than on performance night when they're all fighting for the same songs.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    So one week you get booted for song choice, another week you don't?

I liked Zayra's performance tonight, but it wasn't rock.

agreed!

also, as someone mentioned she's quirky and quirky is *whispers* good in her case. LOL

FORT Fogey
    of course zayra is there for the entertainment factor. she makes a fool out of herself almost every week and one thing that we can all agree on is that it is fun laughing at her. but her numbers almost up as there is only one other rocker that is in the low field-josh. but she i think is going before him. in fact, she's out next week. i'll stick by my original prediction that josh places 9th, which is three weeks from now, unless a double elimination.

speaking of josh, how did he escape the b3? he was absolutely second worst to zayra. and that was also his worst yet. my only guess is that patrice sung something too bland and phil also was too monotonous. josh does choose unique performances. ill give him that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    But the interesting thing is they ALL seem to do better when they're "singing for their lives" when they're in the Bottom 3. How are the songs picked for the Bottom 3? I know there are song clearance issues...so do the contestants give the producers a list of all the songs they'd LIKE to sing if they were thrown into the Bottom 3, and then the producers tell them which songs they got clearance for? Because it seems like when the rockers get to CHOOSE the song they want to sing without having to compete with others for it, they do better than on performance night when they're all fighting for the same songs.
    I think you hit the nail on the head. I think that is exactly what happens. And they are better, because they are choosing the song, not settling for what they can have amoung the songs of the week.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Heh..... I had debated as to whether to just wait for yours or LAGuy's full, detailed report or not, but thought I might have missed something obvious on the show. Apparently not, so I look forward to your follow up!

I hear ya, Broadway!! Bring on the info!!! Someone explain this to me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    When they are in the bottom 3, they pretty much get to choose the song (within reason) Probably songs they have done a gazillion times and do well. It would be easier (and less challenging) to perform a song you know well when your butt is on the line. Could you imagine having to perform a song that the producers pick when you are "singing for your life"-- they'd probably ALL 3 get sent home in 1 shot!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilanafan View Post
    they'd probably ALL 3 get sent home in 1 shot!
    Ha ha! Funniest thing I've read all night! (the drool icon did it for me...I can't find it in the "smiles" section anymore...I must be overlooking it!)

Quote Originally Posted by realityfan25 View Post
    of course zayra is there for the entertainment factor. she makes a fool out of herself almost every week and one thing that we can all agree on is that it is fun laughing at her.
    Well, everyone but me, I guess. I haven't been laughing at her. I find her quirky and interesting and I still really liked her rendition of "You Really Got Me" way back when!

[QUOTE=Lois Lane;1981237]Ha ha! Funniest thing I've read all night! (the drool icon did it for me...I can't find it in the "smiles" section anymore...I must be overlooking it!)

It's between "cheek" and "gossip" on the right side in the "smiles" section.

+ Reply to Thread