+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 7/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronDragon View Post
    And the woman whose only talent is dressing weird stays in….and the guy who gave the “best performance” is out…yep this is all about talent and performance and the ability to rock...riiiight

Maybe if Phil had done some grinding Gilby wouldn’t have questioned his commitment
    I have to question that "best performance" comment. Best for him? I dunno. I thought Patrice was the best of the 3 (and shouldn't have even been there). But, it's like flipping a coin between Phil and Zayra since this wasn't a double elimination.

Premium Member
    I can't believe they didn't boot Zayra.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Okay.... I missed the final comments. Based upon the spoiler, Phil got hoisted with his own petard. What did he say to lead them to question his commitment??
    Based on what they showed us, the only thing I could think of was that he was there to win, not necessarily because he wanted to be a part of thier wonderfully thought out and well structured band.

But since they had made the decision by then, I think that is moot and these guys like sending mixed messages.

If you look at thier final comments to the three. The only thing they could say to Zayra was they couldn't see her being part of thier band. Both Patrice and Phil got great performance awards showing us that it matters not how they do on stage elimination night. Their minds are 90% already made up.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres View Post
    The answers to all of the questions as to why Phil was booted over Zayra are forthcoming...
    Bless you Blues Songstres, you rock!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by JR. View Post
    You know, I don't think it matters who goes before who during these first few weeks. To me, there are 2 levels of singers here, and all of the ones to go so far have been in the lower level.
    Absolutely agree. Any of the people in the bottom 3 tonight could have gone and I'd be happy.

The answers to all of the questions as to why Phil was booted over Zayra are forthcoming...
    Heh..... I had debated as to whether to just wait for yours or LAGuy's full, detailed report or not, but thought I might have missed something obvious on the show. Apparently not, so I look forward to your follow up!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty Sea Hag View Post
    I didn't appreciate Dave's cheap shot about him being employed which means he can perform any damn way he wants.
    I loved it! I like it when it's not a lovefest and when they say what they want to say. It was the perfect retort to a belligerent question from Patrice and I'm actually surprised Dave came up with such a quick, concise retort.

Did anyone else notice that Patrice was doing the Phil "bobblehead" on last night's episode when they were all listening to the new Supernova tracks? It made me cringe. I wanted to shake her and say, "Stop that!"

As for Zayra, I loved her rendition tonight. It's one of my favorite K's Choice songs. It wasn't as good as the original but as someone else posted here, she sounded honest and was feeling the song. (She was also singing in key, unlike last night.) I can see why they cut Phil instead of her. Phil rocked it tonight but is still giving them what they don't want most of the time (bobblehead). He's not strong enough to stand up to them. Zayra will get cut, too, eventually. But she's hot (and yes, I'm totally jealous of her figure but what can you do) and makes for good TV. There's no way she can outrock Dilana or Storm, but she is feisty and the guys seem to like that. I actually like Magni the best at the moment (LOVED his "Heroes"), but don't think he'll win.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    As for Zayra, I loved her rendition tonight. It's one of my favorite K's Choice songs. It wasn't as good as the original but as someone else posted here, she sounded honest and was feeling the song. (She was also singing in key, unlike last night.)
    I was at the taping and thought Zayra was awesome - and I had not liked her at all up until that point. It was a hit with the crowd as well.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I was at the taping and thought Zayra was awesome - and I had not liked her at all up until that point. It was a hit with the crowd as well.
    Thanks for that tidbit Blues Songstres. I seem to be the only one here who likes her (I'm not saying she's the best, but I like quirky and she's definitely quirky) so it's good to hear that. Her voice sounded amazingly clear on my TV...that's a difficult song to sing and I wondered whether she could pull it off. Glad to hear the crowd appreciated it as well. OK, now going to see the other threads to see what you and LAGuy have for us!

So one week you get booted for song choice, another week you don't?

I liked Zayra's performance tonight, but it wasn't rock.

+ Reply to Thread