+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 7/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronDragon View Post
    She does made a very good point. There is a double standard present. Gilby is criticizing her for daring to have a sexuality while at same time Tommy is acting like a dirty old man
    I think it's because she relying too much on that and not her vocals. She has a decent voice, and that should be the focus.

Quote Originally Posted by KofferMum View Post
    Exactly...SuperNova doesn't want a combative lead singer, indeed. Why would they subject themselves to such adversity within their group.
    So you are suggesting that SuperNova wants a lead singer that will do what he/she is told and fade into the background when this show is over?

Quote Originally Posted by JR. View Post
    If Jill would listen instead of whining she might get something out of this.
    Jill is the best looking of the women, but also looks like the oldest. I enjoy watching her perform, but she has to fit in with SN and if they say "no grinding" she needs to accept it and shut up about it. I think this one thing alone will mean that she has no chance with this band. Like Gilby said, they have to wonder if they will have to argue about EVERYthing with her, if she would make the band.

She does made a very good point. There is a double standard present. Gilby is criticizing her for daring to have a sexuality while at same time Tommy is acting like a dirty old man
    I don't know that it's as simple as that. Storm absolutely ooooooozes sexuality, but I don't think you'll find Gilby criticizing her for that. It's not the sexuality that's at question... it's the cheap stunts. I get the feeling that Gilby is such a hard and true rocker that he'd object to a man standing on stage grabbing his crotch every 30 seconds as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JR. View Post
    I think it's because she relying too much on that and not her vocals. She has a decent voice, and that should be the focus.
    Yeah but at the same time they are telling Dana the exact opposite…that they don’t really care about her voice she just needs to be (for lack of a better word) sluttier

FORT Fan
    Hmm. how do you decide on a singer when you really don't like the song they're singing? Thanks

Yeah but at the same time they are telling Dana the exact opposite…that they don’t really care about her voice she just needs to be (for lack of a better word) sluttier
    No... they're telling her that she needs to look like a rocker chick. Look at the comments that people in this forum have made over the last month... that she looks like a little pageant girl and not a rocker.

So you are suggesting that SuperNova wants a lead singer that will do what he/she is told and fade into the background when this show is over?

Being a lead singer certainly carries alot of weight within a band. Gilby himself indicated that her responses could make SN feel that she might not respect their preferences (based on their vast experiences) and therefore be too disagreeable. At this point in their careers, those guys don't need that.

I thought Patrice did a great job.

JR.
    That's because Dana has proven she can sing, they've said so after every song , it's just that she looks like "the girl next door". Jill has put her look first, like singing was an afterthought. Ideally they want both, but vocals count for more.

+ Reply to Thread