+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: 7/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Regular
    LA Guy,thanks for the inside stuff--Phil was foolish to say such a thing and now it makes it understandable why the dreaded Z is still on our TV screen. I wish the Ryan/Jason comments had made it to the show,because,I feel like Jason is the best judge so far, and that he is right to criticize Ryan for bashing Dana...who does have a better voice and stage prescence than Ryan,who seems like an angry clerk to me more than a rocker. Dana is beautiful and is very young...she is not gritty or "rock" enough for this band at all,but some band could probably take her and go platinum with those vocals and those looks in a video or two. Ryan just seemed to be piling on...and I am glad that Jason called him on it. Interesting point about Tommy Lee and Phil--Tommy hates doing the hatchet man job--maybe Gilby should do it since he seems to like confrontation more? I do feel that Tommy is sincere lots of times on the show.
    Last edited by blackflip; 07-27-2006 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skatemd View Post
    I see Supernova going down a similar wrong direction and they too may end up with a relatively unexciting choice for vocals, promotion, etc. I am dubious about the longevity of this band from what I am seeing on the show as they have no real track record.
    I agree with everything you said (but clipped the post for brevity's sake). Storm isn't my favorite overall performer, but she's hands-down the best thing for this group, for all the reasons you mentioned. Do I think they'll choose her? No way.

As a side note, she's such a Portland, neo-punk, rocker-chick - it cracks me up every week (in a good way - I love her). Even if I hadn't already known where she was from, it's written all over her.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

As someone who has seen INXS both times they came to Toronto with JD, and Marty opening up for them, INXS definitely made the right call. Granted, I was always a huge fan of JD, but the music & sound that Marty has is completely different from INXS. JD is a perfect fit & their live show is fantastic. He oozes the same kind of sexuality that MH did, and actually made me blush during one of the performances it was just so hot!

Until you've actually seen a live performance of the new INXS, don't base your judgements solely on the show from last season - they definitely made the right choice for them.

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna View Post
    Tommy is a very "young" kind of guy. I don't mean that simply because he acts in a puerile manner--he just seems like one to rely more on emotional responses than "intellectual" ones, making him, well, kind of childlike. It's not a slam against Tommy, just a personality thing . . . and I bet that this hit Tommy pretty hard. I hate to see that sort of thing.
    I always thought Tommy Lee's juvenile behavior stemmed from drug and alcohol abuse as well as the general immoral atmosphere of the industry. It's one thing for the women to trade sexual comments with him from a distance, but I hope they are prepared for a steady barrage of it close up if they win. Has he made any relevant, music related comments yet?

Quote Originally Posted by DreamOf1000Cats View Post
    You and I so totally have the same top five mine goes a slice different.

Storm, Dilana, Lucas, Magni, Patrice/Dana
    Dana is never top 5 material. She lacks experience and edginess. Not something SN would want. Toby has a better chance in the top 5. Next week it's either Dana, Josh or Zayra will be gone. But then again Zayra keeps escaping elimination.

I think they will wait a few weeks to boot Dana. She is rapidly improving right now and will grow from the experiance. They still have quite a bit of not right for our band singers that they can boot first. Singers who aren't progressing...
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by IronDragon View Post
    She does made a very good point. There is a double standard present. Gilby is criticizing her for daring to have a sexuality while at same time Tommy is acting like a dirty old man
    Jill was making Gilby feel uncomfortable and was totally ignoring his reactions to her - when someone is moving away when you come up to him then it's time to back off. If a man did that to a woman it would be harassment.

Storm shows a lot of sexuality when she's on stage and they don't complain about it. It's chasing someone around the stage that doesn't work.

I felt like Jill was too worried about Gilby and not focusing enough attention on her own performance. Phil (much as I don't like him) gave just enough attention to Jason and gained energy from having him onstage to make his own performance better.

Quote Originally Posted by JonasGrumby View Post
    Dana is never top 5 material. She lacks experience and edginess. Not something SN would want. Toby has a better chance in the top 5. Next week it's either Dana, Josh or Zayra will be gone. But then again Zayra keeps escaping elimination.
    I think Ryan will be among the first to leave and Dana will last longer than Ryan, Zayra, Josh and Jill. Esp. considering Jason's comments to Ryan that Dana was better than him.

Patrice may have bought herself a few more weeks with this weeks elimination performance but I thought that about Jill and then she opened her mouth and decreased her chances of doing well.

I hope Patrice can contain her frustration and suck it up long enough to last for a good long time. I know she's not a right fit for this group, but she's one of the top two or three singers, IMO. I hope she sticks around.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

+ Reply to Thread