+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 7/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Thanks Blues Songstres for posting that article. I'm actually surprised what when Dave called him on the quotes, Phil didn't say, "I was misquoted! They took it out of context."

What a dum dum. Even if you're thinking it, you don't say that and think the band's going to want you to be with them.

I think SuperNova is savvy enough to realize that whoever they pick will be with them for a little while--but not for the long haul (if they decide to even keep SN together for more than a couple years). But to just throw that in their faces...

Team Renee//Team Sarah// DreamOf1000Cats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonasGrumby View Post

Anyway, i'm casting my top 3. Dilana, Storm, and Lucas. Each of these guys bring something totally different that people wants to see more of. All others are bland. Like you've seen the types before.

Top 5: Dilana, Storm, Lucas, Magni, Patrice
    Gone: Zayra, Dana, Josh, Jill, Ryan, Toby

yup, I think Ryan and Toby will go before Patrice.

You and I so totally have the same top five mine goes a slice different.

Storm, Dilana, Lucas, Magni, Patrice/Dana

Wow! When I had read LAGuy's spoiler yesterday of the taping, I thought Patrice's words of "I'm not going to be going home tonight" were going to be used against her - and I was glad that they weren't.

I was shocked about Phil - couldn't figure out what he had "said" and more shocked that we were going to have to endure another week of Zayre.

But now - learning of Phil's interview. Holy smokes is he stupid. If he was in it for the exposure (which they ALL are - and that is ok), keep your mouth shut and get as many weeks of national TV exposure as you can.

Props to Dave for calling him out. I think; however, the editors and TPTB should have left the Dave/Phil exchange in the show vs. the cutting room floor - not only would it have made for GREAT reality TV, but it also would not have left the entire TV viewing audience scratching their heads and saying WTF, why is Zayre here another week??

Think of all the viewers that don't read the FORT (or other boards) - they are truly wondering how and why Zayre survived another week - just as we all were without fellow FORTees inside scoop.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilanafan View Post
    So, Supernova decided Phil had to go, and THEN they found out about Phil's "scandal?" So Dave was the only one of the judges who knew about it? Good thing SN decided to boot him. What would have happened if they would have decided to boot Patrice or Zayra, and then found out about it?
    From the sounds of it, no, they hadn't decided that Phil needed to go before they found out about the scandal. From the sounds of the conversation that LAGuy shared, it sounds like that article was the ONLY reason that Phil was let go. They all seemed to still surprisingly really like the guy.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilanafan View Post
    So, Supernova decided Phil had to go, and THEN they found out about Phil's "scandal?" So Dave was the only one of the judges who knew about it? Good thing SN decided to boot him. What would have happened if they would have decided to boot Patrice or Zayra, and then found out about it?
    My feeling is that they knew when they left to decide who was going, but maybe not much before that.

LKH
    It wouldn't have been smart to put out why Phil was gone, really. This is a brand new band, an unknown quantity to the viewing audience. We've only heard a few riffs to get an idea what they're all about. We've heard some of the musicians in the house saying it's good, but we all know that they have to say that if they want to stay in the competition. It would not be good to have us get the impression this soon that anyone really has doubts about the quality of their music. They need to build a rep as being an outstanding band, and doubts right off won't help them do that.

I've heard a little more of their stuff at the MSN site - I'm actually not into this kind of rock much, and if they layer in a lot of screaming and ugly lyrics, I'll probably tune out. But I liked the instrumentals a lot.

L

They probably cut it because even though it made Phil look bad he still said something that could be construed as negative publicity for the band. That was really unprofessional of Phil. He apparently didn't care that in order to succeed in a band there must be chemistry (<------ perhaps he should have finished his degree). I'm appalled that he would enter this process without considering the band members' needs equal to his own. Actually, I think a few of them are doing the same thing. Josh, Zayra and Ryan aren't there for Supernova either.

I wasn't too "stoked" about Supernova's samples the other night, either, but what they played was incomplete and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that it will all come together and sound amazing once they've got a frontman/woman based on their talent alone.

Supernova made the right decision last night in light of Phil's admissions to the press. It doesn't mean I want Zayra gone any less than before. She is just too freakin' weird and isn't the right person for the job. Everyone but her knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    From the sounds of it, no, they hadn't decided that Phil needed to go before they found out about the scandal. From the sounds of the conversation that LAGuy shared, it sounds like that article was the ONLY reason that Phil was let go. They all seemed to still surprisingly really like the guy.
    During the Q&A earlier in the show, Jason told Phil straight up that opinions about him had "split the band", with Tommy being a "big fan". I think that's an interesting comment in light of what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by realityfan25 View Post
    i disagree. i loved trees and thought it would have been a huge hit! much more than pretty vegas. and obviously the viewers voted trees as the encore more than j.d.'s pretty vegas. trees was sung about four times i think. and i also thought marty did awesome with pink floyd's "wish you were here" and inxs's "don't change". they picked the wrong winner. but when jordis left that week i knew he would probably win. he was in the b3 more times than her and should have left that week. suzie's rendition of "bohemian rhapsody" was what got her to the final four and she clearly wasnt better than jordis. they took "dream on" too seriously and it led to jordis's downfall in coming weeks.
    If you listen to old INXS and JD INXS his voice is almost a ringer for Hutchins. I think this factored into the decision. Marty was great, but he really wasn't right for INXS. For Supernova he would probably be a perfect fit, but not for INXS. They picked the right singer for THIER band.

I loved Jordis, she has a pretty pretty voice. I would listen to her sing the phonebook. But Suzie was a better singer with a better range and totally better control of her voice. Doesn't make Jordis bad, but Jordis wasn't the better singer of the two. They were both very different from each other.

Thanks for the info LAGuy. It does make the reaction looks from the rocker pit more understandable. I thought they were floored because Zayra escaped again. But Phil's betrayl seems more plausable.

You and Blues make this show far more interesting and far less frustrating. Thank you both for sharing info!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Thanks LA Guy for the behind the scenes scoop !!!

Everyone is there for exposure, and to learn, and a few of them want to lead Supernova. Phil made it sound like it would be a burden to actually have to tour with Supernova.

Phil. I'm not "stoked" about what you're putting out either. Maybe you sound good to yourself in the shower. Maybe in your bobbling little head you think your moves on stage are full of grace and power. Wake up, kid. You have nothing to be conceited about.

At least Zayra is amusing.

+ Reply to Thread